• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

9203 posts in this topic

Posted

I think we expected too much of this trip, that’s why the starbucks and disney thing are an issue. i doubt that she is going to ‘change’ any time soon. maybe at the end of the year? when she will have to rush things up because her time is over? 

Posted

Also since this thread goes from page to page has anyone looked at her Visa video??

https://hooktube.com/watch?v=J9HkCybjiZI 

discussion for that started on page 32

(i'm new so idk how to mark something as off topic)

Posted (edited)

I have a feeling she and Mikan will become frenemies now. I'm not surprised she didn't mention her name.

Mikan always struck me as a weeby-er, darker, British, dollar store Kenna to me lol. 

Edited by PastelPotions

Posted

I have a feeling she and Mikan will become frenemies now. I'm not surprised she didn't mention her name.

This is kind of what I was thinking, too. Like, yeah, maybe it just didn't occur to her at the time to mention Mikan by name. But I wouldn't put it past Kenna to flat-out not want to share her followers with Mikan, who is essentially everything Kenna seems to wish she was (smol, rail-thin, Japan vlogger, insta following for ~kawaii Nihon~ aesthetic) on steroids. 

The only difference is their clothing style: Kenna veers hard toward frumpy Grandma form the 50s, and Mikan is stuck looking like a 15-year-old weeb. 

Posted (edited)

As annoying as Mikan is, I have more hope for her than Kenna.  Honestly I believe it's a two way street. I seriously think they're avoiding eachother. 

Mikan, because she knows Kenna is a clout chaser and Kenna because she doesn't dare want people to find out Mikan is the more "kawaii-esque" of the two. 

Edited by honeycrisp

Posted

It's weird to me that she didn't name Mikan specifically, or give Mikan a shoutout, when she said a ~friend from Japan~ recommended GoGoNihon to her. Like, Mikan is very similar to Kenna in looks and general aesthetic, wouldn't it be nice to point some of Kenna's followers in Mikan's direction?

I definitely thought this too when the video first came out. Kenna comes off as *extremely* insecure and petty for not mentioning Mikan...

Girl, if you believe your followers are genuinely interested in learning about Japan and how to move there, Mikan has a dozen videos about her experience and helpful tips! Videos that are way better researched and explained than Kenna's "oops, i totally had a note and accidentally deleted it" rushed approach.
Not sharing this super useful info with her following AND flat out snubbing Mikan after she helped her is so, sooo selfish. 

There's no logical reason she couldn't have quickly said "my friend Mikan" or linked Mikan's youtube in the description box other than Kenna just being childishly jealous and (rightfully) scared that Mikan will steal some attention from her.

Posted

2. It stood out jarringly how she only vaguely mentioned the actual academic aspects of choosing a school and focused way more on the aesthetics of the interior and if it's in an appealing neighborhood, etc. That is literally the last thing you should think about when choosing a school. I kept waiting for her to suggest reading reviews for the school to see if it's a good fit for your learning style but alas. Appearance over substance, that's our Kenna.

What more can we expect from the aesthetic kween... I haven't watched the video yet (maybe I will or maybe I won't) but this doesn't surprise me at all. I guess it's getting pretty obvious that she hadn't moved to Japan to learn Japanese

This is kind of what I was thinking, too. Like, yeah, maybe it just didn't occur to her at the time to mention Mikan by name. But I wouldn't put it past Kenna to flat-out not want to share her followers with Mikan, who is essentially everything Kenna seems to wish she was (smol, rail-thin, Japan vlogger, insta following for ~kawaii Nihon~ aesthetic) on steroids. 

The only difference is their clothing style: Kenna veers hard toward frumpy Grandma form the 50s, and Mikan is stuck looking like a 15-year-old weeb. 

Maybe Kenna is seeing Mikan more as a competition now and she'd prefer not to mention Mikan's name ? 

Posted (edited)

Also since this thread goes from page to page has anyone looked at her Visa video??

https://hooktube.com/watch?v=J9HkCybjiZI 

Thanks for the hook tube link ^^ Now that I've watched the video I'm surprised at 2 things:

1) calendar date says 4th of Jan, upload date says 6th. It's so unlike her to be so efficient that she was able to film, edit, and upload within 2 days without any problems! (I know she's always had the free time to do so if she wanted to, but she never did before :alpacashocked: )

2) there are so many critical comments (that she's surprisingly left up), I don't watch her videos so idk if this is common but I think a lot of people are disillusioned by her at this point.

Edited by speshul

Posted (edited)

I 100% wouldn't be shocked if Kenna was jealous of Mikan and felt threathened by her (I know this is old, but a couple of years ago didn't she have a "I did it first complex"? She seems to really love attention and it's hard to get attention when there are literally hundreds of other people doing your asethetic better). 

I just checked Mikan's IG, and while I'm not a huge fan of her style, her feed is considerably more interesting because there are more colors, is updated more reguarly, and visually appealing overall (in terms of background in comparsion to Kenna's). It's not a secret that she's in Japan to be another weeby jvlogger but Mikan is literally doing everything Kenna is seemingly trying to do but better which is potentially ruining her "fresh start" (not to say Mikan's content is the best because it's not but you would have to blind not to see who better at being a influencer/vlogger when comparing the two).

Edited by Bitch Ass Sparkle
idk

Posted

I was also questioning why didn't she mention Mikan's name in the video. But she responded to a comment on Instagram asking if Mikan have helped her so idk

Posted (edited)

Edited by gingybread
wrong info please ignore :’)