• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

9288 posts in this topic

Posted

Yall realize she got rid of her boring ass kingdom hearts intro right after we mentioned how bad it was? :notimp:

Posted (edited)

guys it’s from the song in the background. 

Tomppabeats “Don’t Leave Me This Way” thats how the song ends. 😋

It's just a SONG?? Boooooring, Kenna! :alpacadone: Well, thanks for the input, one less thing for us to wonder about.

Edited by habanerooo

Posted

she looks so pretty in this video! but im reeeally not a fan of that bow and in what world does that look like french braids?? 

Screenshot_20190516-162025_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190516-162433_Chrome.jpg

Posted

Is it just me or is she trying to emulate (very badly imo) the style of thumbnails that bestdressed makes for her videos? I'll attach a comparison.

Plus, I follow them both and Kenna likes a bunch of Ashley's pictures. I'm not surprised since she is doing really well on YouTube right now and shares some of the aspects Kenna is trying to transition towards. Things like the plant mom aesthetic and the fashionable but classy and sort of vintage (not really tho) style 

Pretty hypocritical coming from the girl who used to bully people for emulating her aesthetic. 

Screenshot_20190516-171338_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20190516-171127_One UI Home.jpg

oh totally

Posted

guys it’s from the song in the background. 

Tomppabeats “Don’t Leave Me This Way” thats how the song ends. 😋

I mean, it was obviously part of the song, but that's still a pretty weird and creepy way to end the video. She intentionally let it run with a black screen and cut off right after that. She wanted "I don't love you. Goodbye." to be the end of her video. She could easily have cut it off earlier and it wouldn't have been weird.

It honestly kind of gave me suicide vibes. I'm not in any way implying Kenna is suicidal, but the vibe of the black screen and those ominous words made me feel like it was one of those "last goodbye"/cry for help type of videos, or like in a movie when it cuts to black. Though I'm sure she just thought it made her seem deep or something, and there's nothing really going on with her.

Posted

I mean, it was obviously part of the song, but that's still a pretty weird and creepy way to end the video. She intentionally let it run with a black screen and cut off right after that. She wanted "I don't love you. Goodbye." to be the end of her video. She could easily have cut it off earlier and it wouldn't have been weird.

It honestly kind of gave me suicide vibes. I'm not in any way implying Kenna is suicidal, but the vibe of the black screen and those ominous words made me feel like it was one of those "last goodbye"/cry for help type of videos, or like in a movie when it cuts to black. Though I'm sure she just thought it made her seem deep or something, and there's nothing really going on with her.

I personally got the vibe that she's sick of YouTube to the point of not "loving" any of her audience anymore. I don't really think it is the case though since I doubt Kenna really meant anything that deep for the ending of it. My best guess is that maybe she thought a goodbye at the end was a good way to finish it since it was in the song.

Posted (edited)

The explanation could be just as simple: "poetry", "aesthetic"

Or we could make fun assumptions: it's an indirect message to someone in particular who she knew would watch that video :haiplz:

Didn't she have a stalker recently?

Is it just me or is she trying to emulate (very badly imo) the style of thumbnails that bestdressed makes for her videos? I'll attach a comparison.

Plus, I follow them both and Kenna likes a bunch of Ashley's pictures. I'm not surprised since she is doing really well on YouTube right now and shares some of the aspects Kenna is trying to transition towards. Things like the plant mom aesthetic and the fashionable but classy and sort of vintage (not really tho) style 

Pretty hypocritical coming from the girl who used to bully people for emulating her aesthetic. 

Screenshot_20190516-171338_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20190516-171127_One UI Home.jpg

I'm actually okay with this? It's different enough that she's taking inspiration from someone else. (It IS worse given her history of "owning" aesthetics, obviously.)

Actually watched the video:

1. She looked like orange lips Snow White before she separated out the curls in the beginning. Curls that short make your head into a stubby triangle. I would know- luckily, I had a good enough friend who stopped me from looking like a fluffy pyramid and taught me how to deal with curls.

2. She should have gone with a "hairstyles that don't do more damage" video. That's informative and she wouldn't have to say that she ruined her curls beyond repair using heat (and bleach) and her go-to hairstyle involves heat back-to-back. You can do rag curls, or put your hair in curlers and just let it dry. You can do pin curls and be all 1920s. It's almost the 2020s and that would be a cool, vintage thing to do.

3. "Actually Short Hair" is a negative title and implies that lots of short-haired people aren't up to her standard without actually giving any info on what her standard is (yeah, the video says "can't fit into ponytails" but it's not in the title so viewers don't know that.). Classify short by length. "Hair less than a foot from the root" or "Ear-length" or "Chin-length" hair is informative and doesn't sound catty.

4. Snapping pisses me off

5. Her hair is literally the right length to do actual victory rolls. She could be doing victory rolls the whole time. But that would take real effort and a drive to get good at something (victory rolls are tough on uncooperative hair, which I assume straw is)

6. I can see the brown circle on her nose. Why does she cover her heritage like that? There's nothing wrong with her actual nose.

7. Actually impressed that she can do her hair wearing rings. Doesn't it catch?

8. I could cut a slice of her makeup.

9. I wish she would have gone with a voiceover so it's not flipping between haystack and done hair. Maybe that's just personal preference.

10. I like the background.

Edited by lilyofthevalley

Posted

not sure if anyone’s mentioned this but this new colour scheme is a complete rip of arreis’. arreis changed from washed-out vintage to green/blue/orange tones recently. if you look at arreis’ instagram, it looks like the same colour filter as kenna’s new video. 

Posted (edited)

- She finally admitted that her hair is damaged from all the bleaching. No bs excuses on why her hair looks fried. 

- The title of the video doesn't need to sound angry, Kenna.......

- The color scheme and background is nicer than before. It's better than whatever she used to do & the plants are cute touch.

- Her personality throughout felt stale and she just looked like she had a fever. I get that she's trying to stay as neutral as possible so that no one calls her out for anything but she just comes off as even more uninteresting than before. 

- Stop snapping your fingers. It's annoying. If it's reflexive then just edit it out. 

- I don't get why she didn't first fix her hair and then sit in front of the camera to explain the hairstyles. 

Edited by milkyroses

Posted

why buy plants when you don't hydrate healthily yourself...sigh, Kenna, you never do learn 

Posted

I feel she will have a hard time growing her hair out if she keeps adding heat to already damaged hair. Air dry, go to bed with protective hairstyles idk, just stop using heat!

Posted

Ok last time I mention this because like everyone says, she reads PULL, or it’s apparently speculated that she does.

But after her comment about not showing her true self because people it take out of context, um, who does and where? There’s only been like 2-3 YouTube videos made about her within the past year, and they were only touching base on how she used to be, not how she’s been recently or is now. Past controversies, not current.

She keeps proving to us (well to me at least, so far) that she does keep up with the threads on PULL because I don’t see many people on her Insta making comments about what she’s doing wrong or what she should improve on.

Kenna, you’re making it obvious for everyone on here that you’re reading PULL. If you don’t care as much as you claim, then why even mention it? Why strip who you truly are because of what anyone says about you? If you’re that afraid of being yourself, get off YouTube or social media in general.

One more thing and I’m done - If you have to sensor yourself, Kenna, then everyone else isn’t the problem, it’s you!! 

Posted (edited)

I feel like Kenna doesn't understand that at least some people are gonna be pissed if she shows more of herself and finally tells the truth because she has lied so much. It's nice that she finally admitted that she absolutely ruined her hair by bleaching it so many times but before that she had to make instastories and leave rude instagram comments on how her hair is totally not damaged. 

Edited by sulla_luna