• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

7051 posts in this topic

Posted

She would look really cute if she grew her hair out long enough (still short) to where she could put it up in a high ponytail with strands pulled out by her face. That haircut really ages her. In like a 55 year old school substitute type way.

She seriously does her hair the way my MOM does her hair and has for the last +30 years. I.e curled in bangs, too much attempt for volume, curling in the ends. It's not bad, just definitely very old school and/or child-like. My mom used to do my hair like that when I was like, 6. 

it really doesn't matter, just my two-cents on why I don't like her current styling of her hair. I really liked how she styled it when it was black like two-ish yesrs ago?

Posted

Yikes, Kenna was wearing this cheap F21 glitter skirt and it literally left glitter all over her bag and floor and everywhere...

Screenshot_20190108-114444.jpg

Screenshot_20190108-114456.jpg

Posted

c.garciaaxo_'s comment has me DEAD 😭😭😭💀

Screenshot_20190108-065656-01.jpeg

Posted (edited)

You can't tell me that the whole test for a beginners class was in Japanese only...
(feel free to correct me on that one, never been to a language school like that)

Edited by Qualle

Posted

Who wants to bet she'll buy japanese school backpack? 

otona-randsel-kids.thumb.jpg.cf91daa8cba

Posted

You can't tell me that the whole test for a beginners class was in Japanese only...
(feel free to correct me on that one, never been to a language school like that)

It's possible. When my Dad did a similar year-long intensive course in Finland the teachers and all the paperwork etc were all in Finnish. The thing is that they had many people from different countries so it was possible that you had a foreign student and Finnish teacher who didn't have a language in common. All the students just had to manage with absorbing stuff directly or understanding from context and visuals, and I guess maybe using a dictionary to translate back to their own language if necessary.

Bearing in mind this was 2003/4 and a class made up mostly of mature adults (30s and 40s) - some of them would have come from countries where they might not have been as exposed to English etc growing up. I imagine nowadays with the internet being everywhere and Google Translate and English becoming a pretty widespread second language that this is less of a problem, and you MIGHT have a language school where someone will explain stuff to you in English, but yeah back then my Dad said they went to the langugage school and had to just use Finnish the whole time, and the students weren't really supposed to be speaking English or other languages amongst themselves either.

Whether Kenna's "slow pace"/more casual-sounding language school has the same strictness is another matter, ofc.

Posted

I think she meant her placement test, which would all be in Japanese. Language schools don’t do tests until mid term and end of term but it’ll be all in Japanese, even for beginners too. and not all students are from English speaking countries so it’s fair that way 

Posted

I think she meant her placement test, which would all be in Japanese. Language schools don’t do tests until mid term and end of term but it’ll be all in Japanese, even for beginners too. and not all students are from English speaking countries so it’s fair that way 

That's the point I wasn't considering, I thought the school would be mostly English and Japanese oriented, but obviously there will be people who don't speak English fluently or at all because they're in Japan to learn Japanese after all.

Will be interesting to see who Kenna interacts with then, maybe she'll finally learn something about knowing English being quite the privilege and that not everyone will cater to you if you want something.

Posted

Who wants to bet she'll go the whole hog and start wearing something that vaguely resembles a Japanese school uniform! 

Posted (edited)

I accidentally ordered a beer instead of rice

rice....rice...rice

Edited by Sugi

Posted (edited)

Why stop at that when you can buy a Japanese Disney school backpack?

pokpo.thumb.png.b7af80fb957a3241b7819c53

Edited by JunkFood

Posted

??? even tourists going to japan for one week try to learn basic japanese for navigation/restrooms etc. she could've done so much more considering all her free time LOL

Posted

Why stop at that when you can buy a Japanese Disney school backpack?

pokpo.thumb.png.b7af80fb957a3241b7819c53

Now that would be sad/strange/weird. These bags are litteraly for children, right ? Not even speaking about the Disney versions. And they are sooo expensive !

Posted

i’m attending a language school in korea in a few weeks and the placement test was entirely in korean . blogposting but i could read all the korean i just didn’t know what 99% of the words meant. so it does seem entirely plausible that the test was entirely in japanese. it’s a placement test so i’m assuming there are higher levels one could be assigned to if they did well in the test.