• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

5816 posts in this topic

Posted

She would look really cute if she grew her hair out long enough (still short) to where she could put it up in a high ponytail with strands pulled out by her face. That haircut really ages her. In like a 55 year old school substitute type way.

Posted

She would look really cute if she grew her hair out long enough (still short) to where she could put it up in a high ponytail with strands pulled out by her face. That haircut really ages her. In like a 55 year old school substitute type way.

I have a sneaking suspicion that because of her awful dye jobs she can't keep a length more than that ugly 1930's bob cut because her ends keep on snapping off.  

Posted

tbh I kind of think this is the aim. I feel like a lot of weeb-y young female influencers who move to Japan have this hope in the back of their minds: once they get there, maybe they'll be street-scouted or a Japanese label will notice their Instagram following and partner with them, etc. I mean, as (presumably) cool as it is to live in a foreign country for a year, imo it's obvious she doesn't actually care to really learn Japanese--otherwise she wouldn't have gone with the easiest possible school with the smallest workload after not actually studying much on her own in anticipation. Hadn't she supposedly intended for like... a year to do this while claiming it was her 'dream' to learn Japanese? Wouldn't she have put in a little more personal effort if that was the case, and gone to a tougher school where she'd learn it much more quickly? (I mean, christ, she has enough money she could have even hired a personal language tutor back home to prepare her for a much higher level.)

idk I feel like the intention was to just get to Japan by any means necessary and hopefully be 'discovered' as a ~kawaii~ model and start a career from there. Otherwise there would have been no reason to suddenly erase all of her past social media. You don't need to do that when your only intention is to go learn a language lol. Nonetheless, I hope she still puts some effort into her studies.

I second this. In her recent video, she said that a student visa will allow you to stay in Japan. Idk it gave me vibes that she just grabbed the “easiest” thing possible so she can live in Japan and live her “kawaii uwu life”.

Posted

I’m surprised she actually admitted that she didn’t do well on the placement test 

Posted

No. You didn’t. 

A0BBF9ED-D512-47D2-B4D3-76294BEDF706.jpeg

Being good at Japanese isn't a requirement for this school and it's not not an official test, just placement, so I think it's fine she did that. At least she showed she could communicate I guess.

Posted

You guys are doing a good job of being delueded by KingKenji. 

Nah, I just like it. 

Posted (edited)

Idk it seems so tryhard to me, all that make up and her hair and outfit in general. Maybe I'm just used to people dressing much more chill for school. Me and my classmates at least are so tired from studying and stuff we usually put minimum effort in our clothing, like a hoodie and some jeans and we're good to go. 

But tbh I'm also very lazy in the mornings so no way in hell am I going to wake up 1:30+hours earlier just to do my hair and make up. 

I agree to this. 

However, I actually dress up for school tbh but not as dressy as Kenna here, mostly bc it gives me the confidence boost. I only wear contact lens and lipstick to school that’s all. The only time I stay in glasses, sports shorts and a dri fit tee is during exam periods.

I think it’s fine to dress up for school tbh. If it gives you the confidence then why not? Nonetheless I get your point. To me it’s just a hassle to put on make up but I find the process of deciding on what outfit to wear rather fun

Edited by caramelly

Posted

No. You didn’t. 

A0BBF9ED-D512-47D2-B4D3-76294BEDF706.jpeg

“I’ll do my best!!” Lol, Yet you had some time to study...instead you bought a whole Disney pass, and hit up Starbucks before making school supplies your last priority. 

8B52E055-6919-43DE-AC45-0FED8BAAFCE1.gif

Posted

I don't know what I mean when I say this but maybe Japan doesn't fit her aesthetic right now? We all know she goes through phases a whole lot. So maybe we'll get spammed with Japan pictures on the next phase and all of a sudden we're all going to be like WE GET IT KENNA YOURE IN JAPAN 

Posted

I don't know what I mean when I say this but maybe Japan doesn't fit her aesthetic right now? We all know she goes through phases a whole lot. So maybe we'll get spammed with Japan pictures on the next phase and all of a sudden we're all going to be like WE GET IT KENNA YOURE IN JAPAN 

honestly I thought this initially too, but then what’s the point of making a big deal about being in japan? Is it just to flaunt her money? Is she doing this to actually learn Japanese?? (Lol I kid) The issue is, at the end of the day, she’s there as part of her change in branding and to gain followers, so why hide the place you’re staying? The first thing people usually do when they go abroad is hit people over the head with how special they are to be in such a place and for once Kenna isn’t doing that, she’s just posting shit from inside her house or Disney just like before. It just leads me to believe she still hasn’t left her comfort zone. 

And it still begs the question, why is she even in Japan..?

Posted (edited)

Don't know where you got that from but... it's not that accurate.

It's fairly easy to open a bank account without a stamp (I did so), but you have to understand Japanese well or at least bring a friend that can translate everything for you. I opened mine at the JP post, and while they didn't require much

My main account is with JP post as well, because it was the only one that didn't require a hanko. But, everything was in Japanese, thankfully I was already proficient before I moved since I came here for uni.

The apt. could just be because I'm really really fussy about where I want to live. I didn't want any shared accomodations and because I really wanted a quiet place I didn't want a place geared for foreigners at all. So, it was a huge struggle. I guess if she's OK sharing with a lot of foreign students then she could find something cheaper/easier but she seems like she would be really fussy like me....if that's the case she's in for a treat, if not then she might have it easy like you did.

The racism doesn't bother me, but it really is racism. When I went around to regular realtors it was a revolving door of "we don't rent to foreigners" with reasons such as "your food smells too bad" or "you'll ruin the place" etc. I mean I don't NOT UNDERSTAND their feelings, I lived with an Indian person above me in a weekly mansion and the smell of curry from 7am to 9pm was hell on earth, but still it wasn't fun to hear. Hearing stuff like salarymen talking behind me, thinking I don't understand "wow so many gaijins here these days, can't they just go home.." etc can really hurt esp. when you're a bit lonely already. Of course I love the country and its people or I wouldn't have stayed this long but I've come to accept the racism as a way of life. I remember reading on the Japan Times website or something the syndrome of the "open seat" where if you're gaijin on the train a lot of the times even if a train is PACKED the seat next to you is free because nobody wants to sit next to you. This is less true if you're caucasian like me, and it's getting to be less and less the case but I first moved here in like 2010 and at the time the amount of both tourists and expats was muuuch less and the empty seat syndrome was GLARING. Like, I was embarassed about it so after a while I decided to just never sit.

A lot of the main banks require an understanding of Japanese, but Shinsei Bank doesn't (and prestia may also not require it since it's basically Citibank). Also, the stuff the previous user said about Bank transfers is not true. I sent money for my student loans from Japan within a few months of arrival. However, it is likely that banks will not be so keen on letting you open an account with them if you're a student who is going to be heading home in a year.

I think the waiting 6 months to apply for permission to do overseas transfers is only for the bank I used, JP Post. I think "regular" full service banks aren't like this. But, I also think that Kenna will only be able to get JP Post. I could be wrong, also this was YEARS ago. Sorry if it's inaccurate now!

imo it's obvious she doesn't actually care to really learn Japanese--otherwise she wouldn't have gone with the easiest possible school with the smallest workload after not actually studying much on her own in anticipation.

Just playing Devil's advocate but the work load posted before isn't the "easiest school". all language schools only have 4-5 hours of classes a day 5 days a week, that's it. I went to language school for 6 months after uni just to perfect my kanji (aka I was at the highest level) and we only had 4 hours of classes. Beginners did too. It wasn't the same school. It's just the standard class time for language school- and it's RIDICULOUSLY easy which is why most people leave still unable to speak. Most Chinese kids sleep because they use their student visa to work 2 conbini jobs illegally, and the white kids just look at Facebook or watch Youtube while the teacher who could not give two shits sort of lectures. Tests, grades etc don't matter in language school, the ONLY requirement is attendance.

Edited by daydreamcarnival