• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

9203 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

`

Edited by SpaceGal

Posted (edited)

I think the girl in the picture looks pretty cute. Too bad she doesn't look like that in real life.

The only thing I don't like about the outfit is the boots - she would look nice with high tight socks instead of those ugly things.

I really hope she will cherish this opportunity she has and she will study and make something worth about it.

Edited by Myosotis
typos

Posted

A bit off-topic but Kenna claims to be so unique when I literally saw this at 7-11 today

20190107_160605.thumb.jpg.ddd37c50278b6dJust be honest about the fact that you follow Japanese beauty trends

Posted

I wish her grades will be as good as her outfit.

Posted

I wish I dressed with effort like kenna for school and work. But then i realize im lazy af. Trying to turn that around for the new year. 🤣 

Posted

Not sure why I got Mikan vibes in her latest picture.

Her whitewashed face, the big eyes with eyebrows that are only a straight line, and the over the knee boots (Mikan wears over the knee socks a lot) are what reminded me of Mikan.

Posted

How sad is it that she edits her face in a photo that's supposed to show her outfit? Her face takes up 1/10 of the space in that picture, yet she still felt a need to edit the shit out of it. I kinda feel sorry for her, how insecure do you have to be to do something like that...

Posted (edited)

56957936-0AC4-4ACD-8CE3-7AFDD1C2F815.thu

lol i just noticed her phone is bigger than her face. ggood editing

that random whiteness behind her (on the bar by her head) that shows she manually whitens her skin lol girl...

Edited by DarkSavage
added pic

Posted

1. About her outfit - I am pretty surprised to see her going out like this to school, because I am European and I study in Europe, so it's more common to see girls in laid-back clothes. On the other hand, after visiting Japan, I noticed that women there really care about their presence - clothes, makeup and small details, so the effort doesn't seem too much for me judging not by European but by Japanese standards. In my opinion, she could just cut down on statement pieces and she will look both classy and taken-care-of and a little laid-back. It's a giant step forward though, as many of you said before. 

2. About the whole Starbucks thing:

• First, if she wants to vlog/blog about Japan and keep up her channel and Instagram interesting and gain some new followers thanks to Japan, she must show people JAPAN not things they can see everywhere in the world. So it's not like she can eat Japanese food in secret and show everyone Starbucks instead - she is an influencer that recently moved to Japan for a whole year, it's an obligation to give people what they want to look at. It's what her career is based on, Goddamnit. 
  • I am not a WK here, but what I have noticed while being in Japan is that Japanese people are actually whole lot nicer than they are in Eastern Europe, it was what my father pointed out pretty quickly after we arrived there. They are actually quite helpful and will never directly tell you that you are annoying, which often happens around here - people often show you that they are not really willing to interact with you, even if it's their job. So I actually agree that it's quite a Japanese thing to leave some notes or doodles on cups (I have never seen it where I live (and Starbucks is my guilty pleasure whenever I am taking the train home, so I am there like once or even twice a month), but I also agree with the person that said "They don't draw and write those things because you are the One and Only McKenna Kaelin The Queen of Everything Aesthetic". They don't give you pink cups because they match your hair. They don't draw a smiley face on your cup because it's YOU. It's the company's policy to brighten your day by small things like those, because that's what coffee shops try to sell you - the atmosphere of feeling welcome there and being relaxed. (Coffee shops - still capitalism, but at least it doesn't bring you down so much :alpacawink:).

Posted

what the hell, this is actually one of her nicer outfits from like, the past year or so lol. minus the extreme face editing of course and i don’t really think her hairstyle is flattering. i love the boots tho! but i’m a sucker for over the knees 🥰

why is her dressing up for class such a big issue? she lounges at home in a full face of makeup so it shouldn't come as such a big surprise :D 

and also why do people keep generalising Europe as if it's a big country, not everybody in Europe dresses super casually. I study in the Netherlands and people really put in a lot of effort into their outfits, I see soo many dutch guys on campus in suits. Sure, there are a lot of people in jeans and a t-shirt or sweater (rarely in sweats), but there are a loot of people who class their outfits up with jewellery and chic pieces or who have a quirky hipster styles straight out of a vintage boutique.

fellow dutchie here! i 100% agree with you (although i’d like to refer to the guys in suits as “koorballen” lol). going to lectures/seminars in sweats really is not done (at least i think so).