• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

7029 posts in this topic

Posted

Maybe this is the course she is going for?

https://shibuyajp.net/japanese-course/long-term-japanese-course/

20190107_034329.png

20190107_034353.png

20190107_034340.png

20190107_034401.png

Hi guys, first time posting here. Although I’ve been lurking for a while on this site, I never thought I’d ever make an account but I actually go to this school and am quite excited to see it on this thread.

Anyways, the main reason I decided to make an account is because I wanna say I kinda doubt Kenna is coming to this school due to the timing of her igstory. Today should be orientation for new students and iirc from when I had mine, it doesn’t start until later in the afternoon (unless she left her Airbnb super early too to explore lol). Also unless she’s at a higher level (which I doubt), she wouldn’t be taking classes in the morning here.

Existing students go back to school tomorrow so I’ll lookout for her in case she actually comes to our school. The thought that there is even a small chance she might be going to the same school as me is kind of weird... I’ll update you guys know tomorrow ;) 

Posted

Don't know where you got that from but... it's not that accurate.

It's fairly easy to open a bank account without a stamp (I did so), but you have to understand Japanese well or at least bring a friend that can translate everything for you. I opened mine at the JP post, and while they didn't require much, I needed a little help from my Japanese friend because heelllll when I said that my Japanese wasn't perfect they just "kicked me out" and said "please come back with Japanese friend" lol. 

As for apt, same, I got mine quite easy, there's a lot of company that help foreigners to find house, share house, etc... with English speakers. 

As for racism, I didn't experience any so I wouldn't know. I just had a little "thing" at the beginning, when I first arrived in Tokyo and when I said to one of my student that I wasn't able to speak Japanese at all, he asked me dead serious "then why did you come here ?". But... that's about it. 

So, if she has help (and seems like she does), I would say that she would be able to have all this. 

A lot of the main banks require an understanding of Japanese, but Shinsei Bank doesn't (and prestia may also not require it since it's basically Citibank). Also, the stuff the previous user said about Bank transfers is not true. I sent money for my student loans from Japan within a few months of arrival. However, it is likely that banks will not be so keen on letting you open an account with them if you're a student who is going to be heading home in a year.

Housing discrimination is definitely a thing here, but there are plenty of options for housing in Tokyo regardless (but maybe not up to the aesthetic queen's  standards... location, size, and age of your apartment all come at a price). We'll soon find out how deep those pockets are.

Posted

OT but why isn't kenna wearing the glasses from that picture where she said she destroyed her eyes being on the computer for a long time? I thought for sure they'd be glued to her face now that she has a reason to wear glasses other than ~ a e s t h e t i c ~ :alpacaconfused:

Posted

I think she discovered that glasses don’t actually help your eyes when they have no lenses in them...

986D07E6-34CE-4D26-AAE0-9F3B6EFDA9B7.jpeg

What a shame, I actually think those frames are hella cute. 

Posted

When is she going to stop overusing the same top?

19-01-06-22-52-05-223_deco.jpg

Posted (edited)

She looks cute but the boots are too much. 

Something looks off about her hair  tho

Edited by Kimplysenna

Posted

C5EC1D08-8DFE-406B-84A7-CCAAD8C26053.thu

Weird flex, but ok

Wasn't she complaining about the cold? Because...

SmartSelect_20190107-141925_Weather.thumthat shit isn't keeping anyone warm

SmartSelect_20190107-141719_Weather.jpg

Posted (edited)

does anyone know how tall she is?? she’s never mentioned it before!!!!

3DD984D3-4131-41D6-9C67-8C244FBCD72E.jpeg

She insists on a daily basis that she’s a uwu 4’11 kawaii fairy 😂 although in photos with some people who are supposedly a lot taller than her, she doesn’t look that short at all. 

So we don’t know 100% how tall she is - she could be 4’11 but she could also be lying to maintain her smoll queen image.

Edited by Wont let me use Cyrillic
Hoping you weren’t being sarcastic and that I just totally missed it

Posted

She insists on a daily basis that she’s a uwu 4’11 kawaii fairy 😂 although in photos with some people who are supposedly a lot taller than her, she doesn’t look that short at all. 

So we don’t know 100% how tall she is - she could be 4’11 but she could also be lying to maintain her smoll queen image.

i have seen her say it so many times like it is such an amazing accomplishment. i want her to grow like 3 inches and be average height, but she would probably still insist that she’s 4’11” anyways. I’m really curious if she’s lying though because she is so serious about it. if she is lying, she actually does a good job of making herself look shorter around her friends in pictures. lol 

Posted (edited)

20190107_152152.thumb.png.660988f7a1dd3b

And are we surprised?? 

I don’t know about other people, but when I started studying french at college we had to do an introduction test and the average grade was a D. If you don’t know all your tenses perfectly and if your grammar isn’t perfect either, then you won’t go far. Knowing the alphabet in Japanese, some nouns and verbs is definitely not enough - it might get you by when you’re in the streets but studying a language is all about the precision and discipline.

Couldn't Kenna try writing something?? Even if it’s wrong at least it would show that she tried.

Edited by The Icy one
added a little bit