• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

10412 posts in this topic

Posted

Honestly I believe that there are probably people in Japan gawking at her on occasion. 

Japan is ~99% Japanese, ~1% foreigners. 

I have heard if you go in the more rural parts of Japan where there are no foreigners, you might get strange looks, people might fuss over you/act really interested in your foreignness, welcome you to Japan, or whatever. 

However, this doesn't mean Kenna is a ~special magical kawaii princess fairy elf~ who enchants the Japanese or whatever she thinks.

It literally just means she is a white person in a place that is <1% white, and that is going to be interesting to some people. 

Not to mention she dresses bizarrely and wears strange makeup. I can't help but do a double take when I see someone with really weird makeup.  

I think any other foreign person will attract as much attention or more, because it is simply interesting to see a foreign person in your country. 

Even in America we get excited over exchange students and things like that. We want to know, Why are they here? Do they like it? Was English hard to learn? What's the best American food? Etc. 

She's not special for being a white person in a majority Japanese country. She's not the first nor the last non-Japanese person who will get gawked at on the streets. 

You are completely correct. I've been living on and off in Japan for a very long time and the only times I wasn't being stared at I was wearing a baseball cap, sunglasses and face mask or other full camo stuff. It's not that you're special,  you're just there and catch someone's eye because you stand out  that's all.

Somehow "it's not that you're special, you're just there" should become slogan of this whole Kenna in Japan experience. 

Posted

The couple times we've been to Japan, it was only ever in rural Japan that anyone even remotely looked at us with interest. Like we went to rural Kyushu so a good number of times we were asked where we're from or even why we were in that part of the country. But in Tokyo? A major world capital with SO MANY tourists? People barely even registered we were there because they're way more used to seeing foreigners. Especially foreigners taking photos of themselves haha.

It just looks like the guy is taking a photo of the trees, not her.

Or maybe so many people did want her photo, after all I'm not a smol special fairy so I guess I wouldn't understand 🙄

it actually does happen a lot I think..

i went to Tokyo twice for 3 weeks each and got asked for a picture both times. The first time an old man near Tokyo tower who asked to take a pic of me in the middle of the street (i was hella confused and said yes, smiled and left thinking wtf just happened). And the second time 2 guys our age asked my friend and I for a selfie in tokyo dome city attractions.. so I do believe it has happened to kenna before BUT

NEVERTHELESS she has such an inflated ego that she thinks she'd oh so special that they wanna take pics of her bc she's oh so unique and beautiful when it really is 99% of the time the sensation of seeing someone "different". It happens to so many foreigners in Japan, it's really nothing special. She just over dramatizes it like everyone says.

Posted

the way she words things is so abrasive and condescending even when she's trying to be nice about something, it's a shitty way to be. the nerve of her to add that "it's good to be kind" thing is hilarious but whatever. take your own advice first and remove the giant, salty stick from your ass.

she talks like she's a pied piper for her precious lil uwu japanese people or something, hoards of them stumbling over each other with cameras to be in her otherworldly presence lol gwen stefani headass

Posted

You are completely correct. I've been living on and off in Japan for a very long time and the only times I wasn't being stared at I was wearing a baseball cap, sunglasses and face mask or other full camo stuff. It's not that you're special,  you're just there and catch someone's eye because you stand out  that's all.

Somehow "it's not that you're special, you're just there" should become slogan of this whole Kenna in Japan experience. 

I need the bolded part on a t-shirt, send it to every snowflake, that's some poetry right there! 

Posted

The couple times we've been to Japan, it was only ever in rural Japan that anyone even remotely looked at us with interest. Like we went to rural Kyushu so a good number of times we were asked where we're from or even why we were in that part of the country. But in Tokyo? A major world capital with SO MANY tourists? People barely even registered we were there because they're way more used to seeing foreigners. Especially foreigners taking photos of themselves haha.

It just looks like the guy is taking a photo of the trees, not her.

Or maybe so many people did want her photo, after all I'm not a smol special fairy so I guess I wouldn't understand 🙄

Going to Tokyo from Korea for me was a strange experience. I was surprised that I got stared at even MORE in Tokyo, than in the rural area that I currently live in Korea. And I dont know if it was even in a positive way... maybe curiousity? There was one time these japanese girls were touching my arm in the subway... Actually I dont speak Japanese but I understand a few common expressions but I heard the native women particularly saying I was "scary" looking or some shit... which is lowkey just offensive. Even one time  some japanese woman clung on close to her bf or whatever as we walked past calling me scary lol. I was upset by it but I was thankful that my bf was reassuring me during the trip.

Fyi I am a black woman.

I dont know if Kenna is bs'ing or not but I feel like considering Japans obsession with looking pale, cute and kawaii I wouldn't put it past them. But still she shouldn't feel the need to humblebrag about it. It doesn't make you that special. Also its dangerous for her naive followers that will start to think that they need "Japanese approval" which honestly its a lot of bullshit and IT IS NOT TRUE. Also unpopular opinon but it is a little strange how people love to defend this country so much. Dont get me wrong, it really is a beautiful country but it has problems and its not perfect like many people think it is. 

Posted

I know I’m singing to their choir here but the fact she’s playing the “people are so mesmerized by me that they just HAD to snap a photo!” card again is so fucking cringe inducing. I promise you that the people of Japan have seen thousands of quirky indie girls tromp along the street. There’s not that much different about you that would incite that reaction. 

It’s really fucking weird how she thinks Japanese people are so much more infatuated with her than Americans- people with a more eccentric style live in Japan. You’re not that whimsical, ma’am. 

And with her lecturing her followers- I get she’s miffed that she’s being blamed for something she didn’t do. That’s fair. Sakura trees are sensitive and hard to grow and can wilt and get diseased easily, and being labeled as the asshole who grabs the branches and ties shit to them is probably frustrating, but you don’t have to put up a dramatic post about aSuMtIoNs. You’re a clownish tourist who’s been culturally insensitive before, people really don’t expect your boobish self to be aware not to touch sensitive fauna. That’s on you, ma’am.

Posted

don’t know how to embed a video but it’s out, and it’s awful. it’s one of her worst imo. 

Posted (edited)

the video

Edited by Sugary

Posted

@justbritt @Sugary

Click on "insert other media", then "insert image from URL"

Posted

Boring like always. Lol @ her turning the aegyo sal makeup into a "solution" for her concealer issue. Totally not a weeb guys, it's just for muh wrinkles! Also weird how she never shows her bare face. She used to back when she first started Youtube but now she always starts off her makeup videos zoomed in super close with the foundation/concealer already on.

Posted

I don't like the make up, her eyebrows are still terrible and giving excuses to use aegyo sal was beyond pathetic (Kenna, it's ok if you are a weeb, at least wear it with pride), but I guess this is the first time (that I remember) that we can sort of see her skin texture.

She probably used foundation and concealer off camera (and I can't say for sure there is no filter in this video) but at least this was a.. ahnn step in the right direction...ish?

5ca62bf5171dc_Captura_de_Tela_2019-04-045ca62bf7dd6ef_Captura_de_Tela_2019-04-04

Posted

The butthole pout is SO kawaii, ken-chan!!!!

Posted

omg the way she used concealer as a way of hiding the fact she draws the "aegyosal"......I CANT STAND THIS ANYMORE.

"it makes my eye look more youthful"....im sure thats the real reason you're using it babes...