• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

9816 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I think her repetitive posing is probably because she’s nervous. I wouldn’t blame her. Going outside and filming and dancing around (and in a country where it’s especially not normal) while knowing people will look at you weird takes a lot. I admire her professionalism.

I have to agree though that using the same clothes in one video is... I’m actually on the fence about it. While it does show how versatile the piece of clothing is, it’s annoying while you’re only really showcasing 3 outfits. 

And I truly wish she’d lose that corset. Like... physically lose it. I personally don’t find it flattering. If the use of it is to hide her stomach, than I think it’d be better if she put it on the inside of the dress/shirt/piece she’s wearing. But if she really likes how it looks, than what am I really gonna do about it

If only the corset could go the way of her backpack and just break and become unusable.

I agree I do like when people re-use pieces within a lookbook, HOWEVER, they're typically doing it with 4+ outfits so that it's not boring.

PLUS, it's not like Kenna ACTUALLY cares about re-using things, she does it because she (weirdly) likes them, she's got no morals on ethical clothing consumption. If you're gonna show us a whole YesStyle lookbook, at least show more. OR something that's NOT IN EVERY SINGLE LOOKBOOK/PHOTO she already posts!!

I will say this video is a bit of a step-up as of late, but I'm not giving her a pat on the head, this is her JOB after all. 

Edited by honeycrisp
my spelling was tragic

Posted

I think her repetitive posing is probably because she’s nervous. I wouldn’t blame her. Going outside and filming and dancing around (and in a country where it’s especially not normal) while knowing people will look at you weird takes a lot. I admire her professionalism.

Idk, planning your video and drawing storyboard is a thing with video production. She could plan her pose, what kind of framing her each shoot are, and film her video in a breeze. That's professionalism.

posing when many ppl looking is courageous, it's a must have trait for being an influencer. it's not really count as professionalism imo. 

i swear she uses snow to record videos lol or at least some sort of face editing software, the pixels around her chin and jaw look sus af sometimes

it's made sense with how blurry the quality of the video are. the only not blurry shoot is the first one. knowing how long it's take to render she probably give up and start to render them in lower quality

Posted

........so why exactly are you posting it at 4am? not having any time management skills and not getting enough sleep isnt quirky and cute. 

pity yesstyle doesn't give her deadlines, maybe then she would care more about making videos and putting them out on time.

but I agree, she looked really beautiful in this one, and I'm kinda shocked, looks so much different than how she looked in that "autumn lookbook" she filmed back in the us

Screenshot_20190321-204823_YouTube.jpg

Posted (edited)

Her posing in her lookbook 😟

There were so many moments where I got second hand embarrassment 

Edited by galia

Posted

Idk, planning your video and drawing storyboard is a thing with video production. She could plan her pose, what kind of framing her each shoot are, and film her video in a breeze. That's professionalism.

posing when many ppl looking is courageous, it's a must have trait for being an influencer. it's not really count as professionalism imo. 

It's basically a requirement to learn how to storyboard if you went to school for ANYTHING video related. It's like videography 101.9737c832790fb597975cc8bd5392de8d.thumb.j

Posted (edited)

........so why exactly are you posting it at 4am? not having any time management skills and not getting enough sleep isnt quirky and cute. 

pity yesstyle doesn't give her deadlines, maybe then she would care more about making videos and putting them out on time.

but I agree, she looked really beautiful in this one, and I'm kinda shocked, looks so much different than how she looked in that "autumn lookbook" she filmed back in the us

Screenshot_20190321-204823_YouTube.jpg

Not gonna lie, that comment made her look pretty unprofessional, which is disappointing considering I praised her for being the latter. I know she wanted to upload today, but don’t put out something half-assed because it’s early in the morning. Close your laptop, got to sleep, and finish it properly when you get yourself together. I know she wants to regulate her schedule and I know the feeling of “I just want to get this finished”, but refrain from publishing it until you KNOW that you’re finished with it. 

it's made sense with how blurry the quality of the video are. the only not blurry shoot is the first one. knowing how long it's take to render she probably give up and start to render them in lower quality

She usually always films from the confines of her room or somewhere thats kind of cornered off from other people/general public. While it’s not the best she could’ve put out, it is a step in the right direction, and it’s pretty cool that she’s improving.

And being “courageous” is a NOT trait that every influencer has to have. Some get anxious/have anxiety and like being in familiar places and talking to the camera because it’s just what they’re comfortable with. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. If I’m correct, there was a photo she posted on her story about her being nervous about filming outside and doing it anyway. Being able to do something that makes you feel uncomfortable or uneasy and going ahead with it anyway is a thumbs up in my book.

Edited by NotThatNice
Spacing + spelling mistake

Posted

My favorite thing was the song. Idk about those outfits, maybe she’s being influenced by Japanese trends? Anyone in Japan who has seen other people wear outfits like that??

i did like that brown suspender skirt, BUT IT WAS NOT CUTE BEING PAIRED WITH THAT ATROCIOUS SEE THRU SHIRT/DRESS. That thing is ugly to me. I’m not going to say anything about her “posing” other than it was hilarious because that’s how I am. She should ask her sister for posing or modeling tips. (Sierra seems to be doing well in modeling-ish, she even has discount codes!)

Posted

Ugh those outfits are just, ew. I loved her style so much more when it was kinda on the fence of her Boho/fandomish sorta aesthetic. It was very casual and very chic and cute, but now its all just weird skirts and see thru frilly tops. shes really going hard into this anime Japan, grandma aesthetic huh?

Posted

She usually always films from the confines of her room or somewhere thats kind of cornered off from other people/general public. While it’s not the best she could’ve put out, it is a step in the right direction, and it’s pretty cool that she’s improving.

And being “courageous” is a NOT trait that every influencer has to have. Some get anxious/have anxiety and like being in familiar places and talking to the camera because it’s just what they’re comfortable with. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. If I’m correct, there was a photo she posted on her story about her being nervous about filming outside and doing it anyway. Being able to do something that makes you feel uncomfortable or uneasy and doing it anyway is a thumbs up in my book.

The thing is, courageous is not really an opposite of anxiousness. Ppl could have anxiety and still put a courage to do what they must do. Because if an influencer not being a courageous person, i doubt they can even film. And no video=no money. ppl can praise mckenna for that but it's not really a professional thing.

it's been 9 years since she start her youtube channel. And as a person who deliver aesthetically pleasing video, i thought she pick up some videography lesson from just googling how to film a video efficiently. And if she is an anxious person in public, planning a video can help a lot because it could decrease filming time and she could spent those extra time in her comfortable apartment while edits her video.

Maybe i'm setting the bar too high for our low effort ~fairy~. but having only her 'influencer' career for future income, i thought she should take her youtube career more seriously. 

Posted (edited)

BUT I'm really curious if the owners of the houses were okay with her filming in their entrance...

I personally think it's fine because, from what I noticed, there wasn't any exact location info shown? Although tbh she got pretty close in some shots so that's weird. Admittedly, I was super distracted by her movements and some closeup shots of her clothes would have been nice.

Side note, the song was pretty "straight" for someone who's very asexual - it was still nice tho.

She could really take some modelling tips from Bestdressed (one of my favourite youtubers) who is pretty good at modelling and whatnot. I noticed she follows her on Insta so :alpacaconfused:

Edited by alwayscurious

Posted

I don't mind that it didn't really look like she was in Japan, as her outfits have little to do with Japan. They also have little to do with Spring though... lol :alpacaheadshake:.  Maybe she just means this is what she's wearing this season and in that case Kenna PLEASE consider getting some basic things to wear with your statement pieces. Even a t-shirt would help that brown skirt look so much cuter.

Not a fan of her editing/posing/outfits but she did look pretty? I think it would look better with a variety of expressions. She was either just scowling at the camera or scowling into the distance. And the movements looked more nervous and not really posing. I understand anxiety to do this in public, but if someone plans to do these sort of videos they are really going to have to get used to it to look natural on camera, Japan or not.

I think she needs some slightly longer shots of her whole outfit and highlight the actual pieces she used. And a little more coherence to see the outfit differences... cuz everything started looking the same to me.

Hey, at least she got something out! Seems like a decent warm-up. Hope she gets back in the groove soon and comes up with something better (please!!!!!!)

Posted (edited)

Hidden Content

Screenshot_2019-03-21-21-51-18.png

Springindie is another one, joined 1h ago and already downvoted the whole thread.

Edited by AnnaBaggins
aaand Faie94 downvoted this post, why so salty? Could be the same user with a new account for all I know, because guess who downvoted those other posts about Faie94 being reported

Posted (edited)

The thing is, courageous is not really an opposite of anxiousness. Ppl could have anxiety and still put a courage to do what they must do. Because if an influencer not being a courageous person, i doubt they can even film. And no video=no money. ppl can praise mckenna for that but it's not really a professional thing.

it's been 9 years since she start her youtube channel. And as a person who deliver aesthetically pleasing video, i thought she pick up some videography lesson from just googling how to film a video efficiently. And if she is an anxious person in public, planning a video can help a lot because it could decrease filming time and she could spent those extra time in her comfortable apartment while edits her video.

Maybe i'm setting the bar too high for our low effort ~fairy~. but having only her 'influencer' career for future income, i thought she should take her youtube career more seriously. 

I should’ve worded it better, but I wasn’t trying to imply that anxiousness is directly connected to couragesness. I’m saying anxiety is something that can hold you back from doing a lot of things. Just because you’ve been something for a while doesn’t mean you’ll ever completely get used to it. Kenna is pretty comfortable on camera. Her videos, I’m assuming, were pretty awkward at first. She’s gotten used to it over that past few years. But filming outside is something that you don’t see a lot from her. It’s pretty obvious that Kenna is a homebody, considering that most of her videos are filmed inside. When they are outside though, it’s pretty barren and she doesn’t move around much. Again, her forcing herself out of her comfort zone will get her used to the environments but having anxious thoughts about going out into public isn’t just something you can “get over”. Showing your face on video is completely different from having interactions in the real world.

What you said about her being more serious about Youtube is 100% true. After she quit her last job and committed herself to Youtube full time, you’d think things would be more organized with her content. Planning videos out and writing down things that she could fully commit to would be good for her. I know she’s in school right now and (sorry this is stereotypical) East Asian countries are VERY strict about grades and getting caught up in work/ study culture might be putting a lot of pressure on her, but it’s not an excuse for slacking. And now that I’m writing it out, she could’ve made some sort of schedule for herself before leaving to go to Japan in the first place. Something like, “These days are for school, and these days are for filming.” Hopefully she’ll work it out quick and begin putting out better content consistently. 

Edited by NotThatNice
spelling errors

Posted

My god I cringed so many times watching that video (ಥ⌣ಥ) She's just so.... awkward. I really think she needs to think twice about this whole modelling thing, there was nothing natural about that.