• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

10343 posts in this topic

Posted

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hire Literally Means employ someone for wages...so Yes Hire does mean that youre asking someone to do work for you in exchange for money lol 

I really don't understand this sudden fascination with being a "model". Shes made a million and one look books and never has she referred to herself as a "model" or compared herself to one. Posing in some clothes in front of a rolling camera in your room or in front of a building does not make you a model, nor anything near it. I'm surprised her ACTUAL model friend Bree hasn't like....said anything. She has a past of enabling though so who knows maybe she's even feeding this delusion. 

so true , i think it also has to do with people jamming it in her head "oMg YoU CaN Be A MoDeL " A lot of people would comment on her pictures telling her Japan Modeling Industry would kill for he looks and she could easily become a model there. No lie I read so many of these type of comments on her pics and she usually replied saying its not her thing (I guess now it is lol ) I guess theres still a lot of  People that dont seem to realize That the instagram Mackenna is not the same as her real Life self. Perhaps Japans Modeling Industry would want The Instagram Version Of Her but her reality just isnt it.

Posted

Hire Literally Means employ someone for wages...so Yes Hire does mean that youre asking someone to do work for you in exchange for money lol 

so true , i think it also has to do with people jamming it in her head "oMg YoU CaN Be A MoDeL " A lot of people would comment on her pictures telling her Japan Modeling Industry would kill for he looks and she could easily become a model there. No lie I read so many of these type of comments on her pics and she usually replied saying its not her thing (I guess now it is lol ) I guess theres still a lot of  People that dont seem to realize That the instagram Mackenna is not the same as her real Life self. Perhaps Japans Modeling Industry would want The Instagram Version Of Her but her reality just isnt it.

I mean, look at Kota. She managed to scam her way into become a Japanese model for years and has been called out for it, but she still gets gigs. 

Thoufh I think what helps is her Japanese skills. I don’t know “how well” she speaks it, but from her videos, she sounds like she’s able to understand it and speak it well enough. (I know Kenna is still learning though! 

Posted

I mean, look at Kota. She managed to scam her way into become a Japanese model for years and has been called out for it, but she still gets gigs. 

Thoufh I think what helps is her Japanese skills. I don’t know “how well” she speaks it, but from her videos, she sounds like she’s able to understand it and speak it well enough. (I know Kenna is still learning though! 

I don't really know if Kota's situation will translate well to Kenna. Despite the lies, Kota did put in a lot of effort to get where she is now. Kenna doesn't seem likely to put in as much effort. However, if she really did manage to get and maintain a modeling career, kudos to her.

Posted

Kenna does follow a lot of models on Instagram these days. Many of which are located in East-Asia. I really do wonder if modeling will work for her. Especially in Japan, where tattoos are being frowned upon.

Posted

Kenna does follow a lot of models on Instagram these days. Many of which are located in East-Asia. I really do wonder if modeling will work for her. Especially in Japan, where tattoos are being frowned upon.

I think the reason she does this is because of a) her fetishization/interest in Asia and East Asian people and b) because she hopes to eventually capitalize on these people. We saw her do this when she was in Japan last time, when she hung out with Mei and commented on a bunch of her posts, commented on Marzia's posts (because they were in Japan at the same time) and so on. She's just trying to get noticed while she is also catering to her interest in these people. 

As an aside, I'm not sure modeling will work out for her at all, no matter how famous her future friends might be. I straight up think that she is too lazy to make it work. Like I get that she's busy with school and all, but she posts next to no content these days and when she does eventually post it's incredibly boring and non-engaging. It was like this before she left for Japan, too. I just don't see her being able to make a future for herself there at the current rate. 

Posted

I had the same thought. I admittedly don't know too much about modeling, but it seems like even in the west most mainstream models don't have (visible) tattoos. I would think having visible tattoos on places like your arms would make the model harder to style since the focal point is typically the outfit, so people like Kenna would be less desirable since they'd have to work more to cover it up. Especially since one of her largest tattoos is of a copyrighted character (Pinocchio).

Added to that, isn't there typically a height requirement for models? I don't think Kenna would meet the standards. I mean, just look at Taylor R. She's what, 5'9 or so?

All in all, I think the only modeling gigs she has a chance of getting are with photography students just looking to practice. Not with any agencies or anything.

Posted

How long has she been alluding to this poetry book again? I just don't see it happening, if it does it'll end up being a big flop just Like Bri's book.

Screenshot 2019-03-18 at 4.05.38 AM.png

i think she is waiting to be popular like before all the plagiarism drama

Posted

How long has she been alluding to this poetry book again? I just don't see it happening, if it does it'll end up being a big flop just Like Bri's book.

Screenshot 2019-03-18 at 4.05.38 AM.png

Has she even shown any of her art or interest in drawing recently? I mean. If she breaks things up with sketches  that would be adding to content she could show. Plus shes in Japan she could get some interesting art supplies. 

Assuming it's not like traced or just a straight up copy. 

Posted

Let’s be real, only a modelling agency agent who can see through her bullshit full of makeup will only scout  her. Her ugly makeup totally covers her beauty. If she could go bare face for once in public, she could get a few offers. But now with that clown makeup, probably one in a few years. Also let’s talk about how her fashion ruins her body shape. Too much chunk of layers that covers the curves she might actually have.

Posted (edited)

Screenshot_20190320-185336.jpg

Looks like she has been unable to upload the promised video today. What a surprise :alpacabored:

It's almost 2am in Japan now. So unless she's still working "hard" on that video, I guess we won't be seeing it today.

EDIT: She has uploaded the video now

Edited by BlueRaven

Posted (edited)

There is this user, Faie94, who seems to be downvoting a lot of comments that dissaprove of Kenna but this person has no activity themselves. I don't know how to report this, but is there anyone that can take care of it maybe?
They seem to upvote all positive comments about her though, so idk.

Edited by Lady of Luminosity

Posted

Hidden Content

I've already reported them to a mod as I tend to check the reps, but it looks like it takes a bit of time to get sorted out

Posted

A little OT, and I know it’s been discussed, but I’m just still stuck on wondering WHY she’s in Japan. I seriously don’t understand her motivations at all. Last year, just like her I ran away to another country to escape some life problems but................ I was literally continuting my degree there. I took a language course, sure, and it was definitely a huge privilege to even go away like that, but that was secondary to actually still doing something relevant to where I want to go in life. What are Kenna’s goals? What does she want to do with her life? Where is learning Japanese going to get her? She doesn’t seem to be taking it seriously enough to be a translator, and she’s not doing anything alongside it so that she could have a separate career, just in Japan. Sure she’s pretty, but it’s a HUGE long shot that she’d be picked up long-term to model in Japan. Social media’s sure not gonna last much longer for her. I honestly feel kind of sorry for her, as she’s probably feeling pretty lost. But like..... goddamn that’s a lot of money and time being wasted to be aimlessly “finding yourself” at 23. 

Posted (edited)

Well, I guess she kept her promise of uploading it today

Edited by someneko

Posted (edited)

She's 588 subscribers away from falling off the 900k mark. Better start updating her lil' japanese card :harharplz:

Well about the video, it's ok, nothing really special, but I really don't like how she matches that white dress from yesstyle with those other skirts, not really feeling it, and those boots didn't help.

Edited by AnnaBaggins