• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

5029 posts in this topic

Posted

More like Granny in a Prairie...

Interesting rug choice for someone who claims to be vegetarian? Yeah, it's probably fake but it doesn't even really fit her ~aesthetic~. 

But also do y'all notice that this entire photo is super blurry? Like it's literally not even medium quality - it's just blurry. Very suble Kenna 
>:(

I think that rug must have been in the apartment from the beginning. the strange empty white frame as well, I guess.

Which makes me wonder how ridiculously expensive this apartment must be... I remember searching for apartments in Tokyo and they were super expensive despite being tiny and with the cheapest furniture (or even none at all) you could imagine. So if I had to guess I'd say an apartment this size with this 'interior design' - and being able to rent it as a foreigner - is costing her probably way over 100,000 yen.

Which is definitely not what most people would be able to spend on their rent while being basically unemployed...unless you know...trustfunds and rich parents...

Posted

I think that rug must have been in the apartment from the beginning. the strange empty white frame as well, I guess.

she mentioned buying it, all of the decor is hers, and she got herself a tv and a ps4, the only things we know she got from the owner of the property were included in the muji gift basket (which is hella expensive on its own, at least if u were to buy it in europe, dunno about japanese prices)

Posted

I had a look at Kenna's socialblades for her YouTube and Instagram, she seems to be losing a lot of followers and subscribers on the daily. According to the site as of the 28th of Feb she had 439,000 followers on Instagram, and as of today her following is 436,000. I don't think life should depend on numbers, personally, but as an "influencer" numbers are important for your career. 

Screenshot_20190314_105509.jpg

Screenshot_20190314_105450.jpg

I love social blade ugh 

I wonder what she's going to do when her subscriber count drops below 900K and she can't do her whole routine about having almost 1 million (inactive) subscribers  :harharplz: 

Posted

I love social blade ugh 

I wonder what she's going to do when her subscriber count drops below 900K and she can't do her whole routine about having almost 1 million (inactive) subscribers  :harharplz: 

Buy more subscribers?

Posted

ALL OF THE LAST FEW PAGES BELONG IN THE NITPICKING THREAD. PLEASE TAKE YOURSELVES OVER THERE. HOW MANY TIMES DOES IT NEED TO BE SAID. (and for those who will go "jUsT rEpOrT pEoPLe", do you know how fucking tiring it gets to report 50+ comments on ice skates, hot chocolate, a picture, and a rug? Ya. Not worth anyones times or effort, so just GO to the NITPICKING thread that the mods lovingly created for you. See you there)

Posted

I think it's better to keep reporting then at least it gets the individual users. Unfortunately, nit picking has been apart of Kenna's overall general threads for too long. It's going to take some time before people start putting in an effort to separate what they deem is nit picking/not. Sucks but so far that's the reality.

Posted

Please guys, any comment on her appereance/followers that isn't pertinent info doesn't belong here. I thought there was new tea.

Posted

There’s not much going with Kenna besides the fact that shes mostly posting on her story  rather than her actually posting because of her aesthetics. The only tea is that her channel is dying and how inconsistent her shooping is and how delusional she is

Posted (edited)

Please guys, any comment on her appereance/followers that isn't pertinent info doesn't belong here. I thought there was new tea.

Is the social blade thing considered a nitpick? (This is a non-sarcastic question I hope the tone comes across correctly) 

Although, I agree with @Monocakes that not much has been going on and while that's not an excuse to clog up the thread with nitpicks (I've redacted some of my own that I didn't realize qualified) I feel like Kenna's loss of followers is in direct correlation to her lack of sticking to her promised schedules, lack of posts due to maintaining an aesthetic, and just general laziness at her "job". If y'all are looking for actual tea there'll probably be a wait, at least until her next instagram posts comment section lights up and even then it'll probably just be petty BS. 

This isn't directed at anyone in particular but: there is definitely a difference between mentioning a lack of cultural context of the language which is normal for beginners and mocking someone trying to learn. I feel like a lot of things in this thread are starting to be taken personally when it's not that deep. 

I skipped pages full of people complaining about the direction of the thread so I may have missed the post on what exactly qualifies as a nitpick. Here's what I've gathered so far (if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me or I'll receive bad rep up the wazoo) 

Nitpick:

- Comments about Kenna's taste (fashion, entertainment, friends etc.)  

- Comments about Kenna's beginner Japanese (even those that aren't outright bashes, just unnecessary) 

- Comments on Kenna's followers 

If I missed something please let me know (quote or DM) and again since "tensions are high" I'm clarifying that this isn't meant to be a salty post I am genuinely wonder what if anything can be posted on the thread in this Kenna dry season. 

Edited by 4thetea

Posted (edited)

Is the social blade thing considered a nitpick? (This is a non-sarcastic question I hope the tone comes across correctly) 

Hidden Content

I personally didn't feel the Social Blade update was a nitpick, i felt like it was needed and appropriate update. I just meant the dumb stuff i mentioned like, "omg i wonder if she brought her skates to japan, if not , what a waste." And then one comment later "But if she did bring them what an unwise use of baggage space." Like what? Lmao, she cant win, and they have nothing to do with what ACTUALLY makes her a bad person. 

Not directed at the person I'm replying to, directed at people who downvoted me for the reminder: you can downvote me all you want, i only said what the mods said and what the next three people said after me and i don't see any downvotes on their comments. So some of y'all trifling lollll

Edited by melancholy_thoughts
typo

Posted

usually just a lurker but i have a few posts! one thing i found interesting is that one of kennas old friends (still friends) orion is part of the enya/drew/josh ovalle social media crew now (some genuinely funny orginal people who 100% would not be friends with kenna) and she posted this story earlier today hahaha. i remember she dressed up as harry potter house characters with kenna and grace like a year or two ago. everyone is growing up except for u kenners (at least orion released her poetry book) 

(found the story screenshot on an enya update account but it from orions story) 

7F5D5AED-50C6-4042-9000-8244D14778B8.png

Posted

3E57E9D6-878F-4C8D-9253-9DAF6D9B0BF0.thu

i wonder how big her apartment is because are those stairs in the background?

Posted

Hard to tell. One thing that's immediately apparent though is how new this place is. And considering the fact that she lives in the center of Tokyo, it couldn't cost her less than $1000usd/month. It probably costs more than that. Plus, you can see one of those doorbell camera things to the left, whoch adds to the price tag. 

Posted

Hidden Content

It is! It was my mistake and I apologize. Just not the tea I was expecting. 

Posted (edited)

redacted. was looking at a different spot.

Edited by ardendays
wasnt looking properly