• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

5040 posts in this topic

Posted

Hidden Content

i wasn't specifically coming for you so sorry if it came off that way. there had been multiple comments about OT/nitpicking and it's been a recurring thing for a while now. it's great that you're reporting posts but i just meant it as a general reminder to everyone in the thread that mods are really wanting people to start reporting posts they see as a problem as a better way to get rid of them. cleaning up the thread is a communal thing so that no one person needs to report 5 pages of content on their own. i don't agree with publicly shutting it down just because it clogs the thread more imo but if you see it as helpful, i can understand that. i just wanted to clear that up. sorry if i upset you, it wasn't meant that way. the comment was a bit sassy looking back

Posted (edited)

not sure if this was posted yet nor am i the person in the ss but do y'all think this was  necessary?

Screenshot_20190313_200048.jpg

Screenshot_20190313_200033.jpg

Edited by lcvearr
added additional ss

Posted

It's not just a Japan thing apparently (in regards to the hot chocolate specifically, I know in general desserts are less sweet than American ones). She probably would've mentioned it sooner too since she's gone to regular Starbucks in Japan as well. I didn't realize that's what the "reserve" meant, and I don't think any of the snowflake youtubers who have made videos did either. 

IMG_7662.jpg

And she says she likes coffee?

Posted

not sure if this was posted yet nor am i the person in the ss but do y'all think this was  necessary?

Screenshot_20190313_200048.jpg

Screenshot_20190313_200033.jpg

I agree with the people who commented earlier saying it's not that deep. People make typos in their native language and I've made plenty of mistakes with ぬ and ね and め when I was learning Japanese, especially the beginning. (This of course is me assuming that Kenna calling herself good was sarcasm) 

Posted (edited)

I’m so tired of hearing of critiques of her Japanese while she’s still learning.

I agree but I don't think that she should really be bragging about her marks or whatever? She's studying this stuff full-time so theoretically she should be getting higher marks. Idk I'm not one to judge because I'm terrible at test taking in general.

Not WKing but kudos to her for learning something? IMO though I think it's really unecessary tho to post about your marks in general... it's sort of like boasting and that isn't attractive at all. But on the side, if marks don't matter at her school, why is she showing them to us?

All this aside, CAN WE PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS? kthnxbai

Edited by alwayscurious

Posted

Are we Kenna's fans or antis? I swear with the amount of time and attention she gives PULL ('sup Kenna) you'd think we were.   Maybe she just feeds off the energy from here. 

Posted

Still stuck in bed, still reading through this trainwreck of a series of threads.

IMG_20181208_112916.jpg.f187e31c03127a86

Kenna said that she brought her ice skates to Japan. Has she skated yet? No indication of it. Three months without practicing a sport really kills your competitive edge. So much for the olympics, Kenna.

Posted (edited)

Edited by Simplyconfused

Posted

It's been 2 years since Yuri on Ice came out, what good is a hobby when the anime she got it from isn't popular anymore? 9_9

Let's watch as the sequel comes out in another year or two, and she's suddenly an ice skating princess again!! (For a month, then she'll drop it.) 

Or maybe she'll lose interest in anime, and move to Korea to learn Korean instead? Korea's been quite trendy too after all... 

Posted

It's been 2 years since Yuri on Ice came out, what good is a hobby when the anime she got it from isn't popular anymore? 9_9

Let's watch as the sequel comes out in another year or two, and she's suddenly an ice skating princess again!! (For a month, then she'll drop it.) 

Or maybe she'll lose interest in anime, and move to Korea to learn Korean instead? Korea's been quite trendy too after all... 

Thing is, people will only care for so long. She's 23, and that's not old. Heck, in my opinion, even 30 isn't that old, but it's old enough that she won't be fresh-faced and new and keyed in to what viewers are looking for. People in her age demographic (most likely to be interested in her as a person) will be moving on to other stages of life, whatever those may be. Kenna is still bobbing aimlessly to and from Disneyland to Starbucks back to her bedroom, repeat tomorrow. Others will be getting better jobs, saving for a home/better living space of choice, finding a partner, potentially starting to have children, and generally becoming independent adults of their own creation. I'm looking for the kindest way to put this, but young adults in the stage (and there's nothing wrong with being young and carefree if you're not 45 and delusional) of life Kenna seems to be hopelessly stuck in will have other young adults to be their role models/"lifestyle influencers" or whatever they'll be called 2-5 years from now. These younger people will be the audience's potential peers, their lifestyles (poor diet, bleached hair every other month, botched plastic surgery that we see with other snowflakes, party lifestyle, etc.) will not have caught up with them yet, and they'll just be more relatable and energetic. Not too long from now, Kenna is going to be the 30 year old trying to hang out with the teens and acting like she's still just like them. It's going to get really weird and even more awkward very quickly if Kenna doesn't wake up and start turning her life around. (She won't.)

Kenna's days as a youtuber are numbered, just like her days of potentially being an olympic ice kween were non-existent, as that's another profession highly related to one's age (iirc, most olympian female skaters are minors, with the pairs being slightly older. idk about the male skaters because I wasn't interested in men, but I think they might be a little older?) She could do something to change this by offering content relevant to people who are likely to watch her in the future.

The idea of a home goods haul was okay, but, seriously? Garbage bags you "bought" from a fast fashion shop? Show us your bedding, your towels, your rice cooker and crock pot that you cook your apartment meals in! Have a "dinner with youtube" where you chat about whatever while making a meal in one of those single burner portable stove things, then eat the meal with the camera like the viewer is your guest. It would be so ~aesthetic~ and you could show off what a good vegetarian you are. Japanese apartments are notoriously tiny! Do a tour and explain how the storage and appliances work. They have different washing machines there, so show us Americans how the interesting, different washing machine works! Then actually go outside for once (some of us can't do that right now) and show us the beauty of the country you are so pumped to be in! Take a walk through a park and show us the beautiful natural features. Take a train ride and just aim the camera out the window (unless that's illegal, but I'm kinda assuming you'll be going too fast to be filming people and you can take it down when the train stops) and put it to music. Film small businesses, family-owned restaurants: the menu and the dish you get, the city skyline at night, and the display at the grocery store!

There are so many low-effort videos she could be doing (example 1: city skyline at night for 10 min to some of her favorite music/to public domain music. example 2: spa night with ~Japanese Products!~ to public domain music/while she talks about whatever she feels like.) that she just isn't. She could be filling her instagram with photographs of shop displays and the types of produce they sell where she is. Instead, we get Starbucks and brown. We barely even get videos, and the ones that actually do get released are meandering and uninteresting.

TL;DR: I ramble about how Kenna is going to get too old to make money on youtube by releasing boring, childish videos. She is doing nothing to grow with her viewers or gain new ones even though the world is handed to her on a platter.

Posted

And she says she likes coffee?

This is one of the little things that tends to bother me in this thread. (sorry its not completely relevant?) With foods and drinks its not really black or white, there is a middle ground to liking some things. Maybe she only likes it a certain way or perhaps she prefers espresso based drinks, like a latte. Maybe she likes it but not enough to consume very often. Kenna probably prefers it with tons of sugar so do I so I cant judge her for that one. Does it matter though? I know that OP who I'm replying to was making a joke, but of all the evidence we have of Kenna lying I see the damn coffee thing brought up so much, I finally felt like I had to say something because her opinion of coffee is so trivial ok sry & maybe I'm exaggerating but it feels like its brought up a lot