• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

9816 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

She's addressed the tattoo thing and claims no one cares or has given her crap about it, whether or not that's true is up for debate obviously but tbh I think she'd be given a pass at least by the general public. (Modeling is a whole other thing though. If she even qualified to model do y'all think they'd just edit the tattoos out like they do with moles and freckles?) 

Tbh I believe her that no one has given her crap about her tattoos so far because she's a foreigner but yea, if we're gonna talk about actually finding a job with tattoos (and for this case, modeling) it's gonna be a different matter. 

Edited by goodtimes

Posted

Here is the said image

Screenshot_20190309-163110_Instagram.jpg

Posted (edited)

Why do I oddly feel like Mei is more famous than Kenna, despite Mei only having 1/5 of the instagram followers?

Like, I'd heard of Mei/seen her videos recommended to me long ago, and have seen them pop up sporadically on youtube. I had a familiarity with her despite never really watching anything of hers. 

Also on Mei's instagram I have 6 friends following her and liking her photos. (I follow ~500 people on Insta around my age) 

I've never heard of or seen any of Kenna's videos aside from discovering all of the drama about her. She has almost 1,000,000 followers but no one I know follows her, except one other friend who likes the drama. 

Could it just be because my friends are a skewed group? Like, most of my friends are college aged (late teens - mid 20's) so maybe Kenna is popular with a younger crowd? Or perhaps she's not popular in the USA? Not really sure, but as far as my demographic (college aged USA people) Kenna seems unknown. 

Imo one of the reasons is because Mei does more collabs than Kenna. Mei has been featured in various ads and photographers' Instagram portfolio while Kenna is in her own bubble. 

Edited by goodtimes

Posted

Hidden Content

I try not to speak for people in Japan because I'm not there currently but I honestly figured no one would care if she had tattoos, glad that was confirmed. 

I wasn't aware how they handled tattoos abroad when it comes to models (for print and online) because where I interned they'd just airbrush anything they didn't like (tattoos, dark armpits, etc.) but I agree it'd be way to much effort to put in for Kenna. I doubt she could be a model though for all the reasons people have already raised. 

TBH I feel like the best she could do with tattoos and mediocre Japanese is work at some hipster cafe. Can't wait to see what (if anything) she manages doing. 

Also @rokonotsu Mikan commented saying she saw cherry blossoms in a Nakameguro as well, not sure how big that area is but either there's a hidden tree somewhere or they're in kahoots! /s 

Posted

Here is the said image

Screenshot_20190309-163110_Instagram.jpg

I never thought I would ever say this because this is Kenna we're talking about

But I'm jealous :alpacamad:

I can only go to Japan during the summer due to university, so I never get to Hanami

They look SO beautiful

Posted

Welp, Mikan did a vlog about the new huge starbucks so there’s another video gone kentucky. I mean, this Mikan girl works and studies and does ytb at the same time, and she still makes more vids than Kenna. I don’t understand why Kenny barely uploads anything?

Because she's both lazy and afraid of backlash, which limits what she can do to relatively harmless haul videos... which lately she seems do only when she's being sponsored.

Posted

Welp, Mikan did a vlog about the new huge starbucks so there’s another video gone kentucky. I mean, this Mikan girl works and studies and does ytb at the same time, and she still makes more vids than Kenna. I don’t understand why Kenny barely uploads anything?

the shade continues because Mikan also reminded Kappa in the comments that she had just posted about catching an early bloom in the exact same place the day before. So, Kappa is simply_following everything Mikan does. but! She ignored Mikan’s comment entirely despite responding to others. 

943689CB-991E-4490-8614-B7D8B8478A6D.jpeg

Posted

I can totally see kween casually dropping a boring photo of one of those unique drinks from the new Starbucks on her Instagram Stories after the hype is down, since she’s always oh so unique and can’t be bothered to go to the place when it just opened and it’s crowded.

Posted

I try not to speak for people in Japan because I'm not there currently but I honestly figured no one would care if she had tattoos, glad that was confirmed. 

My last boyfriend of two years (Japanese guy) was covered in tattoos from neck to feet (only place he had no tattoos was his head and his privates). I wouldn't say "nobody cares". When I was walking with him I would always see people staring in the most disgusted way. SOME onsens have finally started to allow tattoos but most still don't. Tanning salons also don't. I think it really depends how well your tattoos are hidden and what they are; my ex had traditional Japanese tattoos not just like a random star or butterfly somewhere so that was part of it. But tattoos are still very much looked down upon because of old associations with the Yakuza and the general fact that you cannot get a professional job (like a salaryman) if you have any tattoos. My ex used to do manual labor jobs (he was in a well known band but he did that on the side) and would have to wear long sleeves in the summer; if his boss had found out he had tattoos he would have been fired or so he said.

So to MOST people in Japan tattoos = yazuka or just general deadbeat with no real job. Either way not a good image and still banned at most "spa" type establishments. Also cannot imagine modeling agencies being OK with it. Tattoos are considered dirty. I was looking at reviews for some onsens in Hakone to take my ex to before we broke up for his bday to see which ones would allow tattoos and I found this one place that did and it had like a 1.5 star rating and all of the reviews were from people saying stuff like "they allow those types in here now...? I don't want to bathe in the same water, it's dirty and gross, I will never be back" etc etc. Honestly I was SHOCKED at the language used (and the general stupidity of it all) and I felt really sad for my boyfriend to know that's how he was viewed.

While its true that its still somewhat taboo for Japanese ppl in Japan to have tattoos, its really not a big deal for Westerns to have tattoos.  No one would say anything to her unless she enters an onsen/sento where tattoos are prohibited - any many sentos are now accepting tattooed foreigners anyway.

I do agree that foreigners do get more of a pass because it's "expected" of foreigners to have them and if we're going to be blunt when you hear a lot of Japanese people gossip amongst themselves they think all gaijin are stinky and dirty anyways so tattoos aren't really going to make it any worse, lol.

Posted (edited)

To add to that, one of her classmates went to the Starbucks Roastery yesterday and had tagged Kenna in one of her stories where she (the friend) was complaining about the crowd in Harajuku. I'm wondering if Kenna was also there with her cuz LMAO if Kenna had gone to that Starbucks on the same day Mikan dropped her vlog on it... Wont be surprised if she's low-key bitter at Mikan for it. 

Edited by goodtimes

Posted

To add to that, one of her classmates went to the Starbucks Roastery yesterday and had tagged Kenna in one of her stories where she (the friend) was complaining about the crowd in Harajuku. I'm wondering if Kenna was also there with her cuz LMAO if Kenna had gone to that Starbucks on the same day Mikan dropped her vlog on it... Wont be surprised if she's low-key bitter at Mikan for it. 

I definitely think she’s lowkey bitter. Mikan managed to go to the Starbucks, film the event, edit the video and then upload the next day. Kenna went out to the starbucks on the day Mikan uploaded the video and the only post we got from her was “go watch this show on Netflix I binged instead of uploading content” and not a single post about the place. It’s so childish to me that she wouldn’t even post going especially considering how excited she seemed about it..

Posted

I can’t put the photo but  kenna  also went to the Starbucks Tokyo reserve. but she went quietly because u know, she’s unique ✨✨✨ 

Posted

Her starbucks post.. 15DCE8DA-038C-4B2A-860E-E802BF20F7E7.thu

notice she only tagged the location but like sucroster said, had to be unique and not praise it like everyone else.. :alpacabored: