• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

7947 posts in this topic

Posted

BuDgeTing ayoooo ✨✨✨✨

Also does this mean that she bring her xbox (or whatever device you need for KH) with her? Or is she going to buy a new one?

AND FOR FUCK SAKE KENNA YOU ARE STARTING SCHOOL IN TWO DAYS. Is she really convinced that she will be able to study, go to Disneyland AND play videogames all the time? 

This girl, man. Im

IMG_20190106_000519.jpg

Posted

BuDgeTing ayoooo ✨✨✨✨

Also does this mean that she bring her xbox (or whatever device you need for KH) with her? Or is she going to buy a new one?

AND FOR FUCK SAKE KENNA YOU ARE STARTING SCHOOL IN TWO DAYS. Is she really convinced that she will be able to study, go to Disneyland AND play videogames all the time? 

This girl, man. Im

IMG_20190106_000519.jpg

Considering Kingdom Hearts is part of Disney and branded a "kids" game there is probably an option  to switch the Japanese to nonkanji Japanese (using strictly Hiragana/Katakana so it's easier to read) like Pokemon and might be some fun practice every now and then. But I can't really blame Kenna for not knowing that. 

Posted

Considering Kingdom Hearts is part of Disney and branded a "kids" game there is probably an option  to switch the Japanese to nonkanji Japanese (using strictly Hiragana/Katakana so it's easier to read) like Pokemon and might be some fun practice every now and then. But I can't really blame Kenna for not knowing that. 

The irony of "the video game will be in the language I've moved to a different country in order to study in school, so I won't understand!"

i guess that basically highlights Kenna's level of commitment to learning Japanese

Okay the writing is totally different but is she really not expecting to be at least at the reading level of a child who would play the game within her year of being in a language school? Or be able to have a general grasp from just the voice acting? I've known people who have had to move different countries and do a language course in order to be allowed to stay in the country and get work and they've become fluent on a year course... But y'know, they were pretty serious about it cause their livelihood depended on it.

Posted

I’m just noticing that Kenna is losing followers or she’s blocking so many people?

i remember after the incident with the 16 yr old she had around 447k, and now she is at 444k.

From my view I would unfollow due to a bland aesthetic, no pictures showing off Japan... Even though in a comment she said she doesn’t have to entertain her fans.  What is her purpose to make videos? I like the drama we get from her and all her lies, and how she’s cannot keep up with them. 

02A393A5-6E64-4403-8DBA-3C5CA900A950.png

Posted

The irony of "the video game will be in the language I've moved to a different country in order to study in school, so I won't understand!"

i guess that basically highlights Kenna's level of commitment to learning Japanese

Okay the writing is totally different but is she really not expecting to be at least at the reading level of a child who would play the game within her year of being in a language school? Or be able to have a general grasp from just the voice acting? I've known people who have had to move different countries and do a language course in order to be allowed to stay in the country and get work and they've become fluent on a year course... But y'know, they were pretty serious about it cause their livelihood depended on it.

To be fair, I have a harder time without kanji. It's hard for me to tell where one word ends and another begins because there's no way to tell a particle (like は, を, が, etc.) from part of a word so you have to rely on grammar patterns. I don't have a great sense of sentence pattern so I leave Kanji mode on if I'm playing something in Japanese. It depends on your strengths and weaknesses but the fact that Kenna didn't see the irony in her response is strange to me (not bad per se but silly). I mean, why not buy the Japanese version and use KH3 as a goal for how well she wants to understand Japanese? This is a heavy nitpick on my part. She might not be willing to wait a whole extra year to play. :alpacaworry:

Posted

I’m just noticing that Kenna is losing followers or she’s blocking so many people?

i remember after the incident with the 16 yr old she had around 447k, and now she is at 444k.

From my view I would unfollow due to a bland aesthetic, no pictures showing off Japan... Even though in a comment she said she doesn’t have to entertain her fans.  What is her purpose to make videos? I like the drama we get from her and all her lies, and how she’s cannot keep up with th

Judging by Social Blade stats, you would be correct to assume that. 

Screenshot_20190106-003528_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190106-003707_Chrome.jpg

Posted

From my view I would unfollow due to a bland aesthetic, no pictures showing off Japan... Even though in a comment she said she doesn’t have to entertain her fans.  What is her purpose to make videos? I like the drama we get from her and all her lies, and how she’s cannot keep up with them. 

02A393A5-6E64-4403-8DBA-3C5CA900A950.png

If her purpose isn’t to entertain her fans then why does she put herself on such a high untouchable pedestal? Why does she make videos? For herself? Why is she like this

Posted

Judging by Social Blade stats, you would be correct to assume that.

Screenshot_20190106-003707_Chrome.jpg

Wow, 'McKenna Kaelin "lvl 23", judging by the graph, her level seems to be dropping lmaoo. The lvl 23 in her name isn't doing her any good.

Posted

Did she ever say what job she’s working to have somewhere in the future? I know her youtube videos and following won’t bring her enough, and she can’t rely on her parents forever. So what’s her plan for the future?

Posted

Did she ever say what job she’s working to have somewhere in the future? I know her youtube videos and following won’t bring her enough, and she can’t rely on her parents forever. So what’s her plan for the future?

I don't think she has ever expressed a clear goal.

she has mentioned wanting to design a clothing line i think? But i don't know how serious she was about that...

oh there was also the time she decided she was going to be a voice actress and made a cringey profile on a VA site? But i don't think that ever went anywhere

Posted

I get where you are coming from but honestly, if I had the option to buy it in my mother language I would and she doesn't seem very confident in her japanese. I'm fluent I spanish and even if I moved to Spain I would still chose to buy it in my mother language, portuguese. She barely knows any japanese so why would she bury her money in something expense just to practice her japanese? There are cheaper ways to set a goal like that.

I do agree with you. I just thought it was interesting that she didn't. But I mean, she buried 800 dollars in a Disney pass, so I don't think buying an extra copy of KH3 is extravagant for her by any means even if it's only for posting/bragging rights. 

Posted

Ya Know I kinda believe her saving and budgeting thing mainly because she's been living with her mom (my theory anyway)and then Sierra so she hasn't had to pay rent all year. I'm also guessing her parents give her some kind of allowance(cause like she's a rich white girl) she can save up cause lets be real thanks to yesstyle she hasn't had to buy shit other than fast food. And like if you have 0 expenses it's real fucking easy to save money, like I'm able to save up what little money I get because I live with my parents. However there's no way in hell she has enough money to stay a whole year without dipping in to that trust fund.

That’s also my theory! I bet she simply gets pocket money which she saves up in a piggy bank lol. 

But MAYBE she had a secret job, MAYBE in a fastfood restaurant, and the junk food was just the food she bought at work? 

Anyway, I guess we can debunk my MAYBEs, if she worked in a fast-food chain, we’d see a comment or two or a million saying „Hey, do you work in In-n-Out there and there? I think I saw you last Friday.”.