• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

7947 posts in this topic

Posted

as it has been said before, it’s been debunked. It’s a pretty obvious Finding Nemo reference. Kenna just isn’t funny and doesn’t know how to land a joke, so people can’t tell if she is being serious or not. 

just because theres an h20 intolerant quote from nemo doesnt mean its been debunked, though. Kenna literally said she has the same symptoms with water that people do with dairy with lactose intolerance and that she drinks tea and coffee as a way to stay hydrated. It just doesnt sound like a finding nemo joke. Unless you have a quote directly from kenna saying it was a joke, you dont know anymore than us.

sorry if this seems rude but it just doesnt make sense

i just dont see how kenna could save and budget this quickly. Especially if she blew up all/most of her money on her last trip like she implied. She hasnt uploaded a whole lot and usually youtubers make most of their money off sponsers and kenna doesnt have a whole lot of those either, i believe? Also im pretty sure kenna even said she was going to use her trustfund on going to japan for language school last time she left japan? So i dont why she gets all offended every time someone suggests that. Either yesstyle, a shady, cheap online clothing brand most people havent heard of, paid her a shit ton, or homegirl dipped into her trustfund and wont admit it. 

Posted (edited)

So which one is it - wasting money or budgeting?

IMG_20190105_150725.png

wasting lol she doesn't look like a person who knows how to save and budget financially.

Edited by blvck

Posted

Welcome to the Dave Ramsey Show, where Kenna is dumb, Disney is king, and the expensive Air BNB has taken the place of the paid off home mortgage, as the status symbol of choice!

Posted

Honestly she’ll probably burn through a lot of her savings if that’s how she budgets. I could care less since it’s not my money, even though I’m annoyed by how she’s wasting a perfectly good opportunity, it just proves how some people within her generation think. Doing things just to show off, to receive praise and for bragging rights. Her fans are no better as they reinforce Kenna’s ridiculous behaviour. Kenna’s not the only one prancing around countries calling it travel when really it’s just clout chasing, bragging or trying to act deep when you’re not. Maryjane and Brianna fit in to this category too; no concrete plans just messing around and getting lucky in life 

Posted

long time lurker and very ot but aren't japanese language schools usually only foreigners? i'm not sure though since i know nothing of language schools but i have a feeling kenna will be negatively surprised since its not like an exchange program where she gets to spend her days with japanese students (also sorry if i made a mistake or this has been talkef about already)

Posted

If she really wanted to learn japanese, isn't it better to apply for uni in America? Then declare your major in Japanese? Then do study abroad in Japan? 

She'll still learn it and will still able to go to Japan. I don't know about other unis, but for mine they're able to offer you scholarships and housing is always guaranteed. Plus, I heard it's cheaper. 

Or her parents just really wanted her out of the house 😂

Posted

Sure Kenna 

CD0F4382-048B-4758-A798-42FBC7454381.jpeg

Has she posted photos from Kyoto, Osaka and Kamakura to her story? (I don't follow her or this thread)

If not, then I don't believe she did as much travelling as she claims in the comment. I don't think anyone would go and take photos of Starbucks and Disneyland but then not take any photos in places like Kamakura. 

I don't agree with the nit-picking in this thread, I personally don't care if she only wants to do western things in Japan  - but I don't get the point in lying. Maybe it's for the aesthetic of her Instagram, but as someone else has said, I'm sure a lot of her followers would prefer to see photos of Japan's scenery (etc.) rather than maybe Starbucks drinks. 

Just my point of view. 

Posted

Kenna’s “budgeting” = probably $1000+ from mommy and daddy every birthday/Christmas + asking for $400 a month for “groceries” but only spending $200 of it 

Love how she’s patting herself on the back so much for “budgeting” from her rich parents! It’s so easy to save up money when you’re constantly handed it without working. 

Posted

Has she posted photos from Kyoto, Osaka and Kamakura to her story? (I don't follow her or this thread)

If not, then I don't believe she did as much travelling as she claims in the comment. I don't think anyone would go and take photos of Starbucks and Disneyland but then not take any photos in places like Kamakura. 

Hidden Content

I only remember her posting from her train trips and her complaining that she arrived back in Tokyo so late that restaurants were closed. Maybe someone can check the threads again, I think she went in September?

Posted

Hidden Content

i just dont see how kenna could save and budget this quickly. Especially if she blew up all/most of her money on her last trip like she implied. She hasnt uploaded a whole lot and usually youtubers make most of their money off sponsers and kenna doesnt have a whole lot of those either, i believe? Also im pretty sure kenna even said she was going to use her trustfund on going to japan for language school last time she left japan? So i dont why she gets all offended every time someone suggests that. Either yesstyle, a shady, cheap online clothing brand most people havent heard of, paid her a shit ton, or homegirl dipped into her trustfund and wont admit it. 

Exactly. Her her paycheck-to-paycheck comment is from October 2017 iirc; it's hard to believe she was able to save up $30k+ from Youtube alone in a year, no matter how many Yesstyle sponsorships she accepted. Her views and sub count have fallen drastically since then, there's no way she makes more than $1000 from ad revenue, and she had to pay rent in the meantime. She obviously used her trust fund for this trip, and she's incapable of owning up to it, because admitting that she's a spoiled rich girl whose weeaboo wet dream is being fulfilled by her dead grandpa's hard earned money would detract from her Oppression Points.

Posted (edited)

EC208347-0193-402C-8601-B7F1606462FD.thu

I don’t think this includes the $800 yearly pass to Disney..

Source: https://resources.realestate.co.jp/living/how-much-can-a-single-working-person-in-tokyo-save-a-month/

Unless you live in a guesthouse with a shared room your rent is NOT going to be 68,000 yen a month. Even a shack in the boonies on the outskirts of Tokyo is like 80,000 a month. if she's closer to the city, and is picky at all it will be well over 100,000. Plus you need to put down 2 months' rent as a deposit and depending on where you rent, key money. You also need to pay for a guarantor company since foreigners don't have a private Japanese relative to act as a guarantor. Also 30,000 per month on food in Tokyo esp. if you want to eat a bit of your own foreigner foods (tomato sauce and jam are especially expensive, a jar of sauce that lasts 2 servings at best is $5) is unrealistic. I spend about double that and I never, ever eat out or treat myself to Starbucks. My rent is 120,000 for a 1K which is one room and a kitchen. It's about 20 meters square. Phone is high though, a normal phone bill is like 8,000 a month if you're not buying a phone on a payment plan. The cost of living isn't factoring in train rides either which I assume she takes to and from school. It's usually AROUND $5 daily round trip if you're in the central Tokyo area to go anywhere, minimum.

Edited by daydreamcarnival

Posted (edited)

Yeah, theres no way she isnt getting help from her parents. Maybe her idea of saving up is that weekly allowance from her father that she doesnt realize isnt normal for people who live paycheck to paycheck. She wasnt living at home. She was with grace and her sister, maybe the last few months she was on the couch, sure, but it's not enough to fund a whole trip. I highly doubt she makes anything from youtube as well. Her own words are contradicting. But, yeah, even though its disappointing, she is allowed to waste her trip. 

Edited by Kimplysenna

Posted

I only remember her posting from her train trips and her complaining that she arrived back in Tokyo so late that restaurants were closed. Maybe someone can check the threads again, I think she went in September?

I assumed from her comment that she did all of this in the few days she's been in Japan, I didn't know she travelled in September 

Posted

I assumed from her comment that she did all of this in the few days she's been in Japan, I didn't know she travelled in September 

This is her third time in Japan, before that she's already been with her best friend but they only went for a week and didn't do much.