• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

10341 posts in this topic

Posted

my sleep paralysis demon be like: can i get a uhhhGURANDE SAIZU HOTTO NO KOKOA please.

Wow, I haven't noticed that. She really said that?

Posted

my sleep paralysis demon be like: can i get a uhhhGURANDE SAIZU HOTTO NO KOKOA please.

ekkekekekekkekekeke she gon haunt my dreams tonight 😢😰

Posted

If Kenna wears a kimono I'm going to kek. Or if she cosplays. 

Posted

If Kenna wears a kimono I'm going to kek. Or if she cosplays. 

i'm hoping she won't try to do it and then tell us it's not a kimono but ummm...crap i forgot that word that mikan said when she was wearing one but told people it's not a kimono (probably the other way around, can't find that post anymore cos she deleted it in her insta and it's buried somewhere in her thread).

Posted

i'm hoping she won't try to do it and then tell us it's not a kimono but ummm...crap i forgot that word that mikan said when she was wearing one but told people it's not a kimono (probably the other way around, can't find that post anymore cos she deleted it in her insta and it's buried somewhere in her thread).

Yukata?

Step 20 of the momo challenge be like:

go to Starbucks and order a gurande saizu hotto no Kokoa or kappa will fry your hair off in your sleep

Wait sorry, what's the joke here?

Posted (edited)

Wait sorry, what's the joke here?

I believe the joke lies in a flub in Kenna's order at starbucks.

It sounds like she is saying "gurande saizu hotto no kokoa". I believe you would just say "gurande saizu hotto kokoa".

ps. not saying I agree with the joke, just trying to explain where it came from

Edited by hereRmad
ps.

Posted

I can say from personal experience, it's not rude or racist to wear a kimono / yukata, AS LONG AS it is not a costume. There's places specifically located in Japan for foreigners to try on traditional dress, learn what parts are called, etc. It's educational and for photo opportunities, and the people working there are not offended. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Kenna does try this, but it's not racist or rude of her if she does. I just wanna get that out of the way if she ever does, cuz we don't need pages on something pretty innocent.

However I'm not sure how maturely Kenna could handle that... most likely she'd try one on to be like "look I'm a kawaii Japanese fairy uwu look at how smol I look in this uwu." Given her history with respecting culture in the past, I'm not certain how she would be in regards to trying to learn about traditional Japanese clothing... I'm not saying that everyone is disrespectful, I'm just saying we shouldn't hold our breaths for Kenna. (or should I say breathEs)

Posted

I have much better Japanese than Kenna and even I´d be scared as shit to go to Japan and talk Japanese to actual native Japanese speakers so I think it is also pretty couragous of her to order in Japanese when you can not speak Japanese.

Posted

I can say from personal experience, it's not rude or racist to wear a kimono / yukata, AS LONG AS it is not a costume. There's places specifically located in Japan for foreigners to try on traditional dress, learn what parts are called, etc. It's educational and for photo opportunities, and the people working there are not offended. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Kenna does try this, but it's not racist or rude of her if she does. I just wanna get that out of the way if she ever does, cuz we don't need pages on something pretty innocent.

tbh I'd like for her to do that, she's not really done anything properly cultural yet, so I honestly wouldn't be mad if she finally does. 

I mean, provided she does it respectfully of course (unlike her last trip and using temples as props and statues as tripods.....)

Posted

However I'm not sure how maturely Kenna could handle that... most likely she'd try one on to be like "look I'm a kawaii Japanese fairy uwu look at how smol I look in this uwu." Given her history with respecting culture in the past, I'm not certain how she would be in regards to trying to learn about traditional Japanese clothing... I'm not saying that everyone is disrespectful, I'm just saying we shouldn't hold our breaths for Kenna. (or should I say breathEs)

lol oh for sure- it's not racist by design but I don't doubt that Kenna could easily make it so. 

But in any case, it hasn't happened, so I don't wanna fill space with hypotheticals. 

In relation to actual things- my sister is a licensed cosmetologist, and I showed her Kenna's hair, both picture and in video. She just said, "Oh that's absolutely fucked. She's fucked." 

Posted

Rachel and Jun have a pretty good video about this