• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

10341 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Quoted wrong

Ok but hair aside, I actually enjoyed the clips where she was on her way to the salon. I thought they were actually really pretty and not so bland, like she usually makes them

But they were of Starbucks... 

Deep breathEs...............

we stan a  qween  who can speak college-level English and who can tell the difference between  breathes  and breaths!

Edited by alwayscurious
Meant to quote two things

Posted

The day Kekeke stops lying is the day I unfollow her threads. So I guess I'm following forever since she can't even be truthful about something as trivial as hair health..

Posted

Wait wait hold up, what? They didn't use conditioner after shampooing her hair? The fuck?

I've never had my hair done in Japan, but I have had it done several times at different salons in another east Asian country (China) and they ALL used conditioner after shampooing, just like in the US. I highly doubt that a well-known salon in Japan wouldn't also be using conditioner. That just... makes no sense to me.

Anyone in here who has been to a salon in Japan who can verify if this is normal? Is she trying to drag the stylist again by making shit up? I'm so confused.

Actually, if you're going to dye the hair you don't really have to use conditioner since the dye will open the hair cuticle anyways. If you finish dyeing the hair sometimes you don't need to use conditioner either since there are acid shampoos in the market that already closes the cuticle.

Posted

Should have bought a wig and called it a day.

Also...

Screenshot_20190227-073813_YouTube.thumb

It's the corset!

From the pics she posted on Insta I thought maybe for a second she had a cute outfit. I actually really like what I thought was a cute baby blue top but now it's looking like it might be a dress.. Maybe that wouldn't be so bad but I personally think the baby blue and beige do not compliment each other. 

Posted

This is kind of a tin foil hat thing: I honestly think the style that Kenna ended up with is not the style she initial wanted. Wasn't she going asking her followers if she should "go big" and do something crazy with her hair? While what she has now might be crazy and different for some people, I think this is nothing in comparison to her other hair styles she's done over the past few years, this is pretty mild and underwhelming tbh. I think that maybe the stylist probably saw how damaged her hair was and suggested that this would look nice without ruining her hair even further. instead of dying and bleaching her hair (God knows how much hair would probably fall out), I think the stylist wanted to not only save her reputation, but tried to do something so that Kenna's hair doesn't fall out, so she only did that small streak of color (because it's not even around her entire head) and gave her a trim. I don't think Kenna was satisfied with her hair, so that's probably why it took a while for her to post it because she's embarrassed and didn't want to admit her hair is completely fucked. So I think she's trying to save her ego and act like her hair is fine and that she chose this hair style and everyone who hates on is mean and hates her "natural" hair texture.

Also this is a might be consider a nitpick, but I don't like that she said the stylist can work with foreigner hair, like what is that even supposed to mean? I think it would be a different experience if a black person (such as myself) got their hair done there since we have a different hair texture and type. But I might just be over analyzing what she meant, but it sounded lowkey ignorant to me. 

I get what you mean in the last part unfortunately when they mean foreign hair they mean mostly straight hair on white people and at times slightly curly hair on white people  and other ethnic groups. Black peoples hair isn’t included unless the person is wearing a wig. 

I think it’s more about demographics than anything else. Tokyo and Japan probably have more non-black foreigners than black ones so a lot of salons are “foreign” friendly but in reality probably don’t cater to all foreigners 

Posted

Well she actually bit the bullet and made the video...

Kenna on the comments: my hair was never soft
Kenna at the end of her video: wow my hair feels super soft

Posted (edited)

Ain"t looking like it but ok girl 

20190227_133102.thumb.jpg.911c968d8fb2e4

This girl is so special, so special in fact that her hair maintains it's same texture before she even bleached and dyed her hair... How many times? I lost count. Like "yeah you peasants, the majority of you people who dye your hair as much as me gets your hair damaged but me? Ah my hair is so special it maintains it original texture! My hair /feels/ soft but it looks rough and frizzy!"

Where's her strictly neutral colors clothes she wanted to rebrand at?

Screenshot_20190219-211603__01.jpg

So this baby blue long dress + beige top + white corset? I knew she likes to be a woman-child persona so much but didn't knew she dresses in the states little kids do when they decide to dress themselves for the first time... What's her shoes? Taking a guess being brown?

Edited by LaDoncella