• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord! (Updated)   01/14/19

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. In order to join, you need to have posted at least 20 comments on PULL! This is to make sure we don't let in any flakes with ulterior motives. After joining, you will receive a DM with instructions on how to get verified! Also, your registration date needs to be earlier than December 2018 so that we don't get a ton of people signing up only to join the Discord but without actually contributing to PULL. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL We've also added a gofundme link: https://www.gofundme.com/PULLnet Thank you for your continued love and support!

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

1723 posts in this topic

Posted

I think if she carries on with her routine than she will be losing subscribers and follower...I mean can someone do the samee routine for a whole year and only eat in Starbucks and American fast food places...oh wait it's Kenna...only Kenna can do that without turning psycho from the repeated routine 

I think if she carries on with her routine than she will be losing subscribers and follower...I mean can someone do the samee routine for a whole year and only eat in Starbucks and American fast food places...oh wait it's Kenna...only Kenna can do that without turning psycho from the repeated routine 

Posted

If that’s what she calls “budgeting” I think we all know who’d be the first to die in an apocalypse scenario.

”Alright Kenna, this ration has to last us as much as possible, we don’t know when we’ll be able to get more, so please be careful wit— Hey! Where are you going?”

”I traded the ration for this cute Mickey Mouse bobblehead, now we don’t have to worry about taking Disney-themed pictures! Oof, what a relief.”

IMG_3625.thumb.GIF.cbff6a863f825d13579ce

Posted (edited)

You're not wrong, but as an influencer, she's not making use of her surroundings at all (she never has, remember when she went to her hometown(?) and took autumn lookbook pics in front of people's garages instead of the literal forest with trees that actually change colour). Her content is consistently dull and at the rate she's going, her new start in Japan won't change that.

I do get what you are saying. I often thought "oh I should start a vlogging channel, people love to see foreigners living in Japan" and then I always end up with "nope, I don't go anywhere interesting enough for that" so I guess as an influencer she should make it a point to share her surroundings more. But, from what I've seen about Kenna she isn't going to last the year in Japan. Usually the honeymoon phase for weaboos who think they've found their "mothership" here lasts about 6 months, they realize Japan isn't an anime, Japanese people don't like them, they can't pick up the language and they leave. Or they make a bunch of gaijin friends and pretend like they're not in Japan the best they can. Will be interesting to see where she is in 6 months. 

Edited by daydreamcarnival

Posted

Tell me if I'm wrong, but she's wasting her time and a ton of cash for studies that are never going to be useful, tbh. What is she going to do with this when her yt and social media dies? She should have done a course that would have been useful for her. I remember her saying that her goal was to be a furniture designer (or something like that), so why not go with that? Instead of a pursuing a vain weeb dream. Is she never worried about her future? Her family won't be supporting her all her life. How can one be so stupid..

Posted

Ya Know I kinda believe her saving and budgeting thing mainly because she's been living with her mom (my theory anyway)and then Sierra so she hasn't had to pay rent all year. I'm also guessing her parents give her some kind of allowance(cause like she's a rich white girl) she can save up cause lets be real thanks to yesstyle she hasn't had to buy shit other than fast food. And like if you have 0 expenses it's real fucking easy to save money, like I'm able to save up what little money I get because I live with my parents. However there's no way in hell she has enough money to stay a whole year without dipping in to that trust fund.

Gotta keep in mind that Japanese language school costs a LOT of money, though. Also have to justify a very large sum of money in the bank for a one year visa. Wonder where she is living. Thankfully these days (unlike when I was in school) you don't have to speak Japanese to get a part time job (in fact it's sad but many places you go there are so many foreigners working now at the conbinis and other mass retailers that Japanese gets you nowhere...) so she shouldn't have much trouble finding one of she needs some extra money. You can work part-time as a student here, 20 hours per week as a language student (28 as a uni student).

Posted (edited)

Sorry to bring this back up but do they not card people for alcohol in japan? Like wouldnt she need to show ID before receiving the drink? And if that is the case she could get in a lot of trouble for "giving it to two girls eating next to me" if they werent carded. 

In Japn, by law, you are an adult at the age of 20 ( this goes for everything ecxept sexual consent where the age is i think between 13-16). But when it comes to buying alcohol, they check your ID at the super market, maaaybe they’ll ask for it at a convinient store but most of the time you just press a button on a touchscreen confirming you’re at least 20 y/o. However at karaokes, izakayas, restaurants etc no one ever checks. Also she looks far from underage especially in Japan so no worries there.

Edited by Lolidk

Posted

It bothers me so much when that trust fund kid claims she saved up for all of this herself while living paycheck to paycheck. I smell lies. Too bad she can't keep up with them all. My suspicion is that if she really didn't use her trust fund, her parents payed her rent back in America and gave her at least some money every month for food, clothes, etc. There's no way she made enough to save up only for plane tickets, the airbnb and that stupid disney pass alone through youtube & insta only.

As far as her language school goes:

I don't think she's gonna study as hard as she could, I mean disney is clearly more important. But regarding her ig post with the stationery, I think (and hope) she bought more things, but they're probably not as aesthetic because they were cheaper or something, so she didn't post them.

I get what you guys are saying, but I don't wanna be that nitpicky about it. Believing in the good in people (and in Kennas last braincells).

On a side note: Hi Kenna, we know you lurk in here!  

Posted (edited)

It bothers me so much when that trust fund kid claims she saved up for all of this herself while living paycheck to paycheck. I smell lies. Too bad she can't keep up with them all. My suspicion is that if she really didn't use her trust fund, her parents payed her rent back in America and gave her at least some money every month for food, clothes, etc. There's no way she made enough to save up only for plane tickets, the airbnb and that stupid disney pass alone through youtube & insta only.

As far as her language school goes:

Hidden Content

On a side note: Hi Kenna, we know you lurk in here!  

Just to give some perspective, her dad is Turkish, and it's really common for parents in Turkey to support their children until they get married and have their own families. I'm not sure how it is in the West, but from my experience it seems like many children after 18 (or 16 in some places in Europe) try to become completely independent. I don't know how westernised he is with regard to this but iirc her dad completed university in turkey? So he spent a great deal of his life there so it may not be weird for him to still support her when she asks for money.

So it could very well be that she gets a monthly allowance from her dad  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ add to that whatever she gets from advertising yesstyle and youtube revenue, plus the fact that she crashed her sisters couch since august (did she pay rent??) she probably saved a lot of money since summer. But with how she's spending it, doubt it's going to last...

Edited by speshul

Posted (edited)

I asked why she said she was living paycheck-to-paycheck and why she said she monetized her apology video to “pay her bills” when she was actually saving up for her trip to Japan and she deleted the comment within a few minutes and disabled all comments on her Q&A/Japan Guide post. Wish I had caps, but it happened really fast.

Edit: not sure why I got downvoted, it’s not against the rules to comment on her Instagram as long as you’re not cowtipping by revealing that you’re from PULL lol. Just thought it was funny that she couldn’t come up with a convincing lie about where she got all that money so fast (totally not from her trust fund uwu), so she resorted to deleting the whole comment.

Edited by xena