• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

10341 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I wonder what type of course Kenna is doing and how long it is, she hasnt gone into any specifics at all about it.

i doubt it’s going to be at a high level and most uni courses for languages I know last around 3 years. I wonder if she’ll have to sit exams and get real qualifications or if it’s just skill building with no degrees etc. 

She won’t be doing it through university.

Knowing how Kenna likes to stick to trendy areas, she’s most likely going to Shibuya Gaigo Gakuin, which is a slow paced language institute. Or ARC Academy Tokyo in Shinjuku or Intercultural Institute of Japan if she’s doing moderate pace.

Language programmes can go for 6 months, 12 months or 2 years. I think it’s safe to say Kenna is doing a 12 month course.

She will most likely start in N5 and will have to take exams to progress. She can probably end the year on N3 if she works hard, or N4 if she doesn’t do as well.

It’s basically a skill building thing - think of it like vocational studies (if you’re from Aus or NZ).

Edited by Wont let me use Cyrillic
Formatting

Posted

So she starts soon. Hope she's prepared ...

20190105_114659.png

i doubt she'll be prepared, she seems chill like language school is easy lol.

Posted

Why would she even buy such a small note book? This is a little nit picky but like why does She only get one notebook and not multiple a lot of college students get more than one 

Posted (edited)

It was a joke, please refer to my comment in thread 3: https://prettyuglylittleliar.net/topic/10262-simply_kenna-thread-3/?page=219

Hidden Content

im not so sure she was joking about that. She said that she has the same reaction to water that lactose intolerant people have to dairy, therefore she calls it h20 intolerance. She also said that she just drinks tea and coffee to stay hydrated. Sounds like a weird set up to just make a nemo joke. If theres proof kenna herself said this lmk lol.

Edited by Winnie

Posted

Lol,as someone who had to learn both French and English, I had so many notebooks and all of them were so messy. That small notebook wouldnt even hold the first lesson, and I know she’s going for an aesthetic vibe but girl when you study a language the least you care about is what your notebook looks like.

Posted

When I had to learn French and then I went on to teach myself basic Japanese (weeb phase) I ended up using three 92-page notebooks only for the basic Japanese. French went on for a year (an intensive course), but I ended up using the same 92p notebooks, but it ended up being eight and a half, only to reach a mere B2 level. 

Trying to achieve at least a level N4 in Japanese requires more than a kawaii notebook that is meant to be used just for to do lists and doodles. But again, it’s Kenna we’re talking about. The pencil case is cute though, I couldn’t afford those ever and used the ones my friends didn’t want anymore or just went on to make my own with old cloth. 

I’m betting she’ll go on to do that aesthetic traditional Japanese kanji lettering and surprise her fans with nihongo skillz. 

On the other side, I have the same question, how the heck can’t she’s just buy something from uniqlo? It’s a well-known jap brand. It’s costly, but the skirt I bought from them has proved its worth by not tearing apart for five years. I know it might not fit her aesthetic, but she’ll look so pretty in those clothes, except for the fact that she’ll end up whitewashing them all into her uwu fantasy shiro kawaii wonderland. 

She’s going to embarrass herself there. 

Posted

Bruh, when I was learning Korean I had at least four full-sized notebooks filled to the brim with notes...heck, even when I learned Mandarin in a six-week course I had a full notebook... learning a new language, especially an Asian language (which is completely opposite than English in literally every way) requires so many notes it's not even funny. I hope she bought more than that and only used one for the photo, otherwise she'll be heading back to the store preeetty quickly!

Posted

Sure Kenna 

CD0F4382-048B-4758-A798-42FBC7454381.jpeg

Posted

Im sure she has more than one notebook but she chose such dinky little notebooks. I usually buy multiple thick 150+ page notebooks with sections because im someone who likes repetative learning and studying and I like to stay organized. I know everyone is different with learning. Im a visual and hands on learner. But she says she doesnt like school, so i hope she knows what shes doing. I also wish we saw more learning processes from these language school jvloggers. Like, for her, going around tokyo and maybe trying to put her studying to work. I know shes only on katakana & hiragana, but i feel she can make it work. I remember seeing someone, I think a kvlogger and he did this and it was so awesome seeing learning in action because you learn more when youbare submerged in it, and especially with others who know the language and are willing to work with you. 

Sure Kenna 

i wonder if she knows there are more dishes in japan than ramen and gyoza. 

Posted

Guuuys its just a notebook, when its full she can just buy a new one.

I went to language school for a year in Japan with only one thick notebook (wasn't even full at the end) and korea for half a year in a uni course with a thin one. Hell, at uni I only had one notebook for all my classes (and i had chinese, korean and japanese classes at one point). Still didnt die, still got mostly straight A's, still got my N1 :alpacabored:

that’s how super cool! I’m still wondering how, because I worked my ass off juggling school and the other stuff, but it’s  amazing you can speak so many languages! 

Posted

that’s how super cool! I’m still wondering how, because I worked my ass off juggling school and the other stuff, but it’s  amazing you can speak so many languages! 

To be honest, Im a passive learner in terms of just listening and rembering and then frequently trying to use the stuff active in conversations. No matter how many notes I would take, they would just lay somewhere forgotten. Everyone has a different style especially when learning a language! But Im also amazed at your dedication :alpacacrush: because im just a little bit lazy 

But what I want so say is that thats why one cant judge another's person style based on ones own :) 

Posted

Sure Kenna 

CD0F4382-048B-4758-A798-42FBC7454381.jpeg

Does Kenna not know how fans work?  They're invested in what she does because they like her and want to know she's up to.  

She's in Japan and they're wondering why she's posting shit you find in America.  She's made such a big deal about moving to Japan and Japan being her home yet she doesn't share anything that's unique about it.  During her second trip she posted pictures of Mount Fuji, cherry blossoms and a temple... so why is she having issues posting about those now?