• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

9943 posts in this topic

Posted

I wonder if she was at Forever 21 to buy a winter coat? Because if she is... she's definitely looking in the wrong place. If Japan's is anything like US's F21, everything is sooo thin. I've bought sweatshirts there and jackets, but they aren't thick enough to actually keep you warm, not even enough to be labeled as a real sweatshirt lol. And especially if she's used to warmish Southern Californian winters.. shouldn't she go to like a nice department store (equivalent to US's Macy's or Dillard's?) to buy something nice AND will actually keep her protected from winter weather... y'all had already said if she would actually budget correctly, she could've splurged on a nice coat since she's willing to buy overpriced hot cocoa and Disney passes. Investing in a good coat is totally not a waste of money. 

Also I would imagine that 33℉ is a tad warmer than what Lake Arrowhead is in the winter. So why doesn't she already have a coat that she could've paid to ship over instead of empty frames and her white background people who sell Lularoe own?

I wonder if she was at Forever 21 to buy a winter coat? Because if she is... she's definitely looking in the wrong place. If Japan's is anything like US's F21, everything is sooo thin. I've bought sweatshirts there and jackets, but they aren't thick enough to actually keep you warm, not even enough to be labeled as a real sweatshirt lol. And especially if she's used to warmish Southern Californian winters.. shouldn't she go to like a nice department store (equivalent to US's Macy's or Dillard's?) to buy something nice AND will actually keep her protected from winter weather... y'all had already said if she would actually budget correctly, she could've splurged on a nice coat since she's willing to buy overpriced hot cocoa and Disney passes. Investing in a good coat is totally not a waste of money. 

Also I would imagine that 33℉ is a tad warmer than what Lake Arrowhead is in the winter. So why doesn't she already have a coat that she could've paid to ship over instead of empty frames and her white background people who sell Lularoe own?

she sponsors yesstyle and regularly shops at f21, safe to say by now that she doesn’t care about quality, she could find something cute with higher quality but she wouldn’t drop the extra $$, that goes to Starbucks 

Posted

Soooo she had breakfast at starbucks, went to Disneyland and shops at forever 21... why exactly did Kenna leave the US? 9_9

Imagine going abroad to a country so different from your home country and within the first few days all you do is, well, the same exact things as back home? If I went to japan (even if I would have a whole year to explore the country) I'd try to get as much out of my experience there as possible. Like japanese cafés, exploring tokyo, eating ramen and other dishes...

So then WHAT WAS THE POINT OF SELLING HER OLD F21 CLOTHES ON DEPOP. Didn't she say she was doing that so she'd 1) make some money for Japan cause she's "broke" and 2) have less stuff while overseas? Spending all her money at F21 completely contradicts the whole reason she sold her clothes in the first place, I don't understand this girl...

Posted

So then WHAT WAS THE POINT OF SELLING HER OLD F21 CLOTHES ON DEPOP. Didn't she say she was doing that so she'd 1) make some money for Japan cause she's "broke" and 2) have less stuff while overseas? Spending all her money at F21 completely contradicts the whole reason she sold her clothes in the first place, I don't understand this girl...

Cause F21 in Japan is just that much better /s 

Plus she can brag about the finds she buys.

Japan has a lot of their own stores she can find cool stuff at. Or atleast get something that actually works at Uniqlo.

Posted

She already said she doesn't cook shit in one comment, I don't remember if it was beforeor after she got the mini rice cooker

Posted

wanna bet in a month or two she'll start selling "unique" things she bought in japan at a huge markup

Posted (edited)

So she starts soon. Hope she's prepared ...

20190105_114659.png

Edited by pyrite6

Posted (edited)

I love how she is geo-tagging her pictures now.... 

Edited by whattodream
Spelt geo wrong

Posted

Oof, stationery**

language queen

3A156130-9AD1-4253-9617-79F739E5962D.jpeg

Posted

Oof, stationery**

language queen

3A156130-9AD1-4253-9617-79F739E5962D.jpeg

If this pretentious college level queen had any shame she would stop correcting non-native english speakers when they make a mistake. 

Posted

20190105_114659.png

I have to be honest I thought brown thing was luncheon meat and I was super confused as to why she put that in the shot. 

Posted (edited)

20190105_114659.png

I realize this a total nitpick but I pray she bought more than one notebook. I know she goes in for minimalist or what she thinks minimalist is, but organization is more important than aesthetic. Kanji practice alone in my limited experience takes up like 20 notebooks, depending on how much writing practice you want to do. :alpacaworry:

Edited by Basicbitch

Posted (edited)

As an educator with multiple graduate degrees, I’m gobsmacked that this special fairy thinks she can walk into a class with a tiny notebook and some aesthetic pencil case. She’s learning a language that requires a lot of written practice. Most Japanese learners go through so many notebooks, which she would know if she had actually been practicing writing like she claims... Hell, in my casual and haphazard practice of learning to read in Japanese, I’ve gone through three more solid notebooks than the itty bitty one she bought.

Edited by literarykitten
Spelling

Posted

I wonder what type of course Kenna is doing and how long it is, she hasnt gone into any specifics at all about it.

i doubt it’s going to be at a high level and most uni courses for languages I know last around 3 years. I wonder if she’ll have to sit exams and get real qualifications or if it’s just skill building with no degrees etc. 

Posted

With her prioritized aesthetic leaking into something as simple as school supplies I wonder how many times she'll rewrite her homework every night so it's to her standards before turning in :D.She's probably going to take pictures of her assignments with heavy filters as well, assuming she's learning to write Japanese simultaneously.