• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

10341 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyway.... Instagram either just removed followers that people have paid for or removed dead accounts but holy shit..

she went from 431 to 428 in a minute

16BAA9DD-6D8A-4698-8D10-1159B70A3E57.thu

Posted

Okay so I watched a couple of Kenna's videos and I have so many thoughts. Sorry, this is going to be long. So I've heard of Kenna through Venus' vlog, so I only watched her scripted (and now deleted) apology video, as well as her few new videos (What's in my bag, Guide to Japan & AirBNB Tour).

I watched the re-upload of her "Coffee with Kenna" video addressing her Asian fetishism etc. Really annoyed at how ignorant and condescending she sounds with her "I'm aroace so I literally can't have a fetish". Girl WHAT? YOU SHIPPED YOURSELF WITH JACK FROST. Maybe you don't have a shameful kink, but don't pretend like you have no fantasies relating to love whatsoever. Also, heads up, you're not the only one with sarcastic humour. However, unfortunately for her, she's an influencer, so yes people tend to take things a bit more literally. Jokes can be misinterpreted. Instead of acting like people are too dumb to understand, just keep the condescending tone out of it and just say what you really meant. Don't piss off your audience. HOWEVER, the concept of the video itself, sitting with a cup of coffee, encouraging you to have a cup as well, and just talking about what's up - that I like. She should continue that, but without the arrogance.

Then I watched her sewing videos. GIRL, WHAT?? YOU HAVE THIS POTENTIAL AND DIDN'T KEEP IT GOING?? Sure, she did some things wrong (and made a few things more complicated), but she did leave a disclaimer that she's self-taught. However, it's a good video for beginners. It shows the basics - patterning, how to sew pieces together, how to install a zipper, etc. She showed how to make puff sleeves and damn I hated making those when I first started out. Doubt we'll ever see this series continue, since she didn't bring her sewing machine to Japan, but damn.

And her journal guide video is AESTHETIC AF. WHY DID YOU STOP?? It was so inspiring and gave me so many ideas on how to make my own (although she probably wouldn't want to be copied...but unlike her, I'd credit her) and it was just so calming to watch. Why not do one video like that per month?? Have like a monthly recap of what you did. No voiceover, just calm music, sticking some memorable pictures, writing down inspiring quotes, whipping out that washi tape. GIRL. IF YOU READ THIS, DO IT. YOU DON'T NEED TO CREDIT ME FOR TELLING YOU TO DO IT, JUST DO IT.

And overall, I just liked the editing of her old videos so much more than the newer ones?? Like the Harry Potter Dress tutorial, how it had a time lapse of the turning pages of the journal, how Kenna actually looked like she was ENJOYING herself filming those little bits where she goofs around with her broom and wand. WHERE'S THAT PERSONALITY AT, GIRL?? Her new videos seem so "straight to the point", no enthusiasm, no interesting shots, she barely even wants to do anything.

And her Instagram theme video...man, she overuses her damn filters, but her tips were so helpful for someone who doesn't have a "too much" gene. I always liked how some Instagrammers had a theme, all pleasant/aesthetic pictures that fit all together. My Instagram is a hot mess. That video actually inspired me to maybe try out a theme, choose a colour palette. It would give me a reason to post more pictures, since I hardly do. And that could be a video too, when she changes her theme to a new colour palette, apps/filters that she recommends...she edits her pictures way too much, but hey, it's content.

I agree that it's a shame she didn't keep doing the sewing and journal DIYs. Even though she wasn't particularly great, I think she did have some potential, and those kinds of videos were a lot more interesting than her Yesstyle lookbooks where she just stands in front of a wall.

Of course, DIY videos also take effort to make. And we all know what our hardworking kween thinks about effort. 

Posted

Anyway.... Instagram either just removed followers that people have paid for or removed dead accounts but holy shit..

Woah, she was at 442k yesterday??

Posted

yep they removed dead accounts cause Mikan posted this on her story aswell

6965C1DA-B9C7-492F-8206-BFBC851DD715.png

Posted

i wish kenna wouldn't use filters honestly. like sure, a little tweak is fine! but her japan pictures would be so much nicer if they had some color in them, especially considering the approaching spring. 

Posted

yep they removed dead accounts cause Mikan posted this on her story aswell

6965C1DA-B9C7-492F-8206-BFBC851DD715.png

I saw some influencer posting that instagram unfollowed them from like 60 ppl so it might be that too?

Posted (edited)

Wow she made a sandwich. I feel like a proud mum right now.

(This is from her photographer friend’s Instagram story. Whoever said Kenna not having any adult skills being the joke of the class was definitely correct 😂)

Edit: today is Wednesday. Currently approximately 2:30pm in Japan. Video yet to be posted and Kenna only JUST asked for Q & A questions. Severely doubting she will film and edit a video for this week in the next 8 hours. 

25F1722F-4223-49BC-820F-279FDC37E60D.png

Please tell me that’s not just lettuce between two pieces of bread? Well, at least she ate something green?

Edited by Soggy Tofu
Oshit, I can’t move my comment out of the quote. No wait, I did it.

Posted (edited)

Woah, she was at 442k yesterday??

you know what, I think she was 441, but because I can’t edit things anymore... 

Edited by Deerming

Posted

you know what, I think she was 441, but because I can’t edit things anymore... 

Yes she was at 441k. I’ve noticed her steadily dropping from 447k starting in December. 

Posted

Yes she was at 441k. I’ve noticed her steadily dropping from 447k starting in December. 

Lol so she's lost almost 20 thousand followers.. you'd think after going to her HoMe CoUnTrY she would be gaining instead of loosing by the day. I've noticed it's been speeding up recently too. 

Posted

This particular incident was wide across Instagram, however I didn't see as many lost on other accounts I follow. Seems a lot of bots had interest in her...

Posted

This particular incident was wide across Instagram, however I didn't see as many lost on other accounts I follow. Seems a lot of bots had interest in her...

or they were all purchased 🤷‍♀️

Posted

anyway, i'm not even a little bit surprised that her next video is a q&a... it's one of the easiest to make and usually generates a lot of views 9_9 

At least is an opportunity for her to say shit things and get in trouble as she always do.