• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord! (Updated)   01/14/19

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. In order to join, you need to have posted at least 20 comments on PULL! This is to make sure we don't let in any flakes with ulterior motives. After joining, you will receive a DM with instructions on how to get verified! Also, your registration date needs to be earlier than December 2018 so that we don't get a ton of people signing up only to join the Discord but without actually contributing to PULL. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL We've also added a gofundme link: https://www.gofundme.com/PULLnet Thank you for your continued love and support!

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

3515 posts in this topic

Posted

Sadly, unless she gets N3+ she will only be working at an English school, N2 may get you a travel agent job but N1 is pretty much the level. That's the only option for people like her. She's not highly skilled, and I fear she won't commit to the language to even be able to model or go on TV as token gaijin of the year. 

I work for my home country's company so I'm lucky - but before that? English teacher. My partner is a translator who worked for Disney and now a game company (N1). Before that? English teacher for seven years. It's tough, and dudes who marry Japanese women end up stuck in these schools, angry and unfulfilled; women who marry Japanese men are expected not to work. It's a mess, but unless she really applies herself, these are her options. 

Unfortunately for her, she will likely not be able to find an English teaching job in Japan that would be willing to sponsor her visa because she doesn't have a college degree. There are more unskilled visas opening up recently, but she would never make a livable wage. That's why her intentions behind this are so weird to me; there's nothing wrong with going to Japan and studying Japanese, but if she doesn't intend to get an actual degree she'll have a hard time getting a work visa and putting this 'investment' in her language skills to use. In Kenna's case, as much of a growth opportunity language school in Japan may be, it's really not going to benefit her in the long term the same way it would have to just go back to university proper, learn Japanese there, and then attend language school. But patience doesn't seem like one of her virtues so. /shrug

I feel like she was hoping to become either a career youtuber (as you can see, that's not panning out well; she's still making the same lazy excuses and releasing the same bland content) so YT/Google would sponsor her visa, or get scouted with a modeling company (a la Sophie) that could sponsor her. Either that or she did shit-all for research and didn't realize there are a million hoops to jump through to get a non-student visa. Or she's just going to pull a Mikan and go to language school indefinitely. She doesn't have a lot of options for legal, legitimate employment, and doesn't seem to have thought past this first year imo.

Posted

Unfortunately for her, she will likely not be able to find an English teaching job in Japan that would be willing to sponsor her visa because she doesn't have a college degree. There are more unskilled visas opening up recently, but she would never make a livable wage. That's why her intentions behind this are so weird to me; there's nothing wrong with going to Japan and studying Japanese, but if she doesn't intend to get an actual degree she'll have a hard time getting a work visa and putting this 'investment' in her language skills to use. In Kenna's case, as much of a growth opportunity language school in Japan may be, it's really not going to benefit her in the long term the same way it would have to just go back to university proper, learn Japanese there, and then attend language school. But patience doesn't seem like one of her virtues so. /shrug

I feel like she was hoping to become either a career youtuber (as you can see, that's not panning out well; she's still making the same lazy excuses and releasing the same bland content) so YT/Google would sponsor her visa, or get scouted with a modeling company (a la Sophie) that could sponsor her. Either that or she did shit-all for research and didn't realize there are a million hoops to jump through to get a non-student visa. Or she's just going to pull a Mikan and go to language school indefinitely. She doesn't have a lot of options for legal, legitimate employment, and doesn't seem to have thought past this first year imo.

I 10000000% agree, and it's why she's brought me out of lurkdom. I actually did change from a working holiday visa to a working visa without a degree, but it was bloody hard and I had to prove - over six letters requesting different forms of info/evidence and almost four months - that I was a highly skilled worker (age and my career before moving was paramount). I then completed my degree via correspondence as I only had two credits to go (my father passed away /tmi, but I know people will be like WTF girl you should have just done it) and holy cow the reapplication was a breeze. 

I feel you put my feelings into words with "patience isn't one of her virtues" - that's exactly it. The copying, the lying - it's all laziness. Get rich (lol) quick schemes for life. I honestly hope the best for her, despite her bullshizz, but it's just...worrying, tbh. She really needs a wake up call, and it seems the more us "haters" try to do so, the more she regresses.

Posted

Screenshot_2019-02-08-11-39-27-60.thumb.

Speechless...:alpacaworry:

Screenshot_2019-02-08-12-00-02-49.thumb.

This can't be right. How can she be having kanji test this early into the study year?

don't doubt it but it's probably only Kanji like thr numbers and stuff like 人、 日 etc.

And incoming rant

she's so much like the weebs in my japanese class who acted as if they knee the absolute most about japan but as soon as a Kanji test came up (a weekly occurance aka no surprise test) with 8-12 Kanji ...they just fked it up every time bc they never studied, and Kenna seems the same. The Kanji she learned so far CAN'T be tht difficult))

Posted

I'm trying really hard to understand Kenna's way of thinking here. She goes somewhere and thinks "Wow, I like this because it's just like in a different country while I already am in a foreign country!" Don't get me wrong, everyone thinks about America when they see the Statue of Liberty, but that doesn't make it be less in Odaiba. Maybe I'm more of a weeb than her, but when I think Tokyo Tower, I think stuff like old school Sailor Moon scenes, now "Woah, feels like I'm in Paris!" because... that's not what it ever felt to me at least lol. Why would you admire a country for having elements of other countries?

Nitpicky photo comment: Why keep it weirdly angled like that instead of fixing your photo? Looks like she took a snapshot while walking and posted it like that, which she didn't because it's edited.

Posted (edited)

I'm trying really hard to understand Kenna's way of thinking here. She goes somewhere and thinks "Wow, I like this because it's just like in a different country while I already am in a foreign country!" Don't get me wrong, everyone thinks about America when they see the Statue of Liberty, but that doesn't make it be less in Odaiba. Maybe I'm more of a weeb than her, but when I think Tokyo Tower, I think stuff like old school Sailor Moon scenes, now "Woah, feels like I'm in Paris!" because... that's not what it ever felt to me at least lol. Why would you admire a country for having elements of other countries?

Nitpicky photo comment: Why keep it weirdly angled like that instead of fixing your photo? Looks like she took a snapshot while walking and posted it like that, which she didn't because it's edited.

Pretty sure 99% of the population will not think of the Eiffel Tower when they see the Tokyo Tower. However, this is Kenna. The unique, out of the box, one of a kind kenna (being sarcastic if you didn't realised) we are talking about. It is just normal for her to be in Japan and see any other country but Japan.

Stupid image won't go away.

Screenshot_2019-02-08-12-00-02-49.png

Edited by mitsukuni

Posted (edited)

don't doubt it but it's probably only Kanji like thr numbers and stuff like 人、 日 etc.

And incoming rant

Hidden Content

If it's an intensive course, it would mmake sense they'd bring in kanji but it just makes it that much more ridiculous that she spends so much time at Disney or on Instagram snapping at her fans or antis instead of studying. Like @justtheretospilltea said, it's probably the simplest ones she's learning right now, but there are a fuckton of kanji so you have to start early if you wawant any hope of being literate.

Regardless, it seems tht her class is more difficult than we expected.

Edited by Sugi

Posted

I was thinking the same exact thing! It’s not an interesting photo in the first place, but on top of that she’s left it crooked. Doesn’t she know that when you go to crop an image on an iPhone it automatically straightens the photo if needed? Level horizons, Kenna. Please. You don’t even have to do it yourself, your phone will.

Posted

I'm sorry, but this girl really makes herself look dumb as a brick. Even if she knows Hokkaidou is a island and not a city, putting it next to two cities in a sentence makes it look like she doesn't realize it's not a city and makes for an awkwardly-structured sentence. Also, for the love of god, does she really not know the difference between it's and its

But my real beef is that this post just comes off as intensely hollow because she hasn't shown any kind of traveling or exploring at all, not even in her immediate surroundings. So why it she trying to make it look like getting to know Japan (and the world??) is something she strives for? Girl everyone knows you're a total homebody; this just looks try-hard as hell, and it's cruel to get your followers' hopes up when we all know full well that you'll ever have anything interesting to offer other than shopping, ranting, and kaweewee r/thathappened asspat stories.

THANK YOU. I was gonna say. This b doesn’t even know the difference between a region and a city fml

Screenshot_2019-02-08-11-39-27-60.thumb.

Speechless...:alpacaworry:

Screenshot_2019-02-08-12-00-02-49.thumb.

This can't be right. How can she be having kanji test this early into the study year?

dunno, sounds right to me. I wasn’t even studying Japanese in Japan, but I can imagine they go faster in Japan than other places. I remember I had to know the most basic and easy ones like 一 二 三 月 日 etc. I mean if you don’t know THOSE then you’re either dumb or you’re lazy af to learn them.

Posted

grammatically speaking, “In being here i’ve been given the opportunity to not only appreciate Japan’s beauty, old and new; It’s temples and it’s skyscrapers and it’s streets.”

Should be-

“In being here I’ve been given the opportunity to not only appreciate Japan’s beauty, old and new: its temples and its skyscrapers and its streets.”

a semi colon is used for two complete sentences and a colon is used before a series.

Source: I was an English creative writing major in college, but actually, I remember learning this particular rule in the 7th grade.

Additionally, trying to fix this particular sentence made it even more difficult for me considering she has separated two clauses by separating the “But” inorder to begin a new sentence. Rule number 1 in written English is don’t fucking do that. I would give her a pass if this had been written and formlated into a proper poem, but it has not.

The funniest thing in the world to me are people who think they are a poet just because they can put words in an order that makes a fraction of sense.

I studied creative writing and wouldn’t touch poetry with a 10-foot pole given all the strict rules. As my professor once told me, “in order to break the rules you have to learn them, that’s what gives those broken rules power.” Meanwhile, most of the poets I see choose poetry because they see those broken rules as making it easier.

anyway, I digress.. maybe I’ll try to fix this post of hers in full and post it later.

English is my third language and even I know that (and I don't claim to be a ~poet~ or even remotely good at english) I wonder how she's going to learn japanese if she doesn't even master her native language.

Posted (edited)

Okay but are we going to talk about how in the first sentence she says “...it’s let me travel...” Like, sis, where did your college level English skillz go? We Stan a poet laureate like Kentucky. 

"it has let me travel" ??? 

english isnt my first language and i dont remember the perfect tenses word for word but i think it's correct lol 

Edited by moonlight42

Posted

THANK YOU. I was gonna say. This b doesn’t even know the difference between a region and a city fml

dunno, sounds right to me. I wasn’t even studying Japanese in Japan, but I can imagine they go faster in Japan than other places. I remember I had to know the most basic and easy ones like 一 二 三 月 日 etc. I mean if you don’t know THOSE then you’re either dumb or you’re lazy af to learn them.

And when you live in Japan, you see kanji like 月 and 日 everyday. She probably should know 田 as well because she used to live in Takadanobaba and would have had to look for this every day. 

Posted (edited)

also from what ive noticed, the majority of ppl here either studied english as a second language or are an english major or smth

kenna is a native english speaker, she probably hasnt studied the english grammar as detailed as someone who learned english as another language and thats why she misuses it's, its, semi-colons and shit like that, a lot of people do that (like there their and theyre lol)  yall are nitpicking lmao 

Edited by moonlight42