• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

7947 posts in this topic

Posted

This girls life has the potential to be so interesting and instead it is SUPER BORING. And I think it’s because it’s so formulaic. Disney, half arsed vlogs, fast food and then repeat. For the love of god I hope she mixes it up or I’ll even get bored of her gossip.

However, I’ll be in Tokyo for 2 months this summer and I’m hoping to spot her 9_9

if ever i go to japan i wish i could also spot her that way i could see for myself what kind of a person she is irl.

Posted

If I was her parent, I would not give her a single dime! Imagine, you are working to set your kids to study, and then hear that they are waste your money on dumb shit.

Posted

I wonder if her parents are giving her money because they’re glad she’s actually doing something with her life like going to school lol 

Posted

imagine going to Japan and of all the things thinking: "I can't wait to go to Disneyland ASAP!" not to eat ramen or wander around the little streets, take a train, go to a temple, do something that you can do only in Japan. it's her second day and she already doesn't know what to do, so she goes to Disneyland. 

Posted

Kenna calls Tokyo her 'home' but she does not have friends there. She has not fallen in love there. Nor has she discovered her passion or found her vocation there. She hasn't healed herself there or bettered herself there. In fact she's hardly bloody seen the place. And no, the theme park with the American cartoon characters doesn't count.

A troubling concept of home. Still. Vaguely amusing to watch rich kids piss away their money.

It's because she wants to act like she owns Japan. I actually have this weird pull to other cultures that I cant explain, and the need(or want) to really dive into them, but I would never call a country I havent lived in my home. It's just a sense/feeling, but there's a lot that comes with it. Wanting to learn other languages, to try traditional dishes, to meet people of other cultures and travel. So, i dont understand how she claim Japan as a home, besides trying to be territorial and owning the country to seem better than others. Like, I want to say she has the same feelings as I do, because I cant explain the pull I have, but I just dont see her expressing it that way. It all comes back to herself. I hope she changes, or goes back realizing it was different, or she didnt prepare herself, or that her home is actually in california. 

Posted

Her pass was $1.1k Canadian. My stomach hurts. That's nearly an entire month's rent. 

Posted

I wish Kenna would just pretend to give even half a shit about Japanese culture. It honestly pisses me off because I have been to Japan and actually experienced the culture, and it was beautiful and enlightening. 

For example, I don’t mind PeachyMilkTea as a j-vlogger. Even though she’s not the most exciting person in the world; at least Sophie goes to ryokan and onsen, visits the more country parts of Japan, and gives wearing Yukata a try. I think I would die of shock if I saw Kenna go anywhere near Yukata this year (she would then probably proceed to call it kimono and then argue with everyone who corrected her, a la Mikan).

I’m not surprised Kenna chose Tokyo for her language school, but I think there are other great options in the rest of Japan that I wish she would have at least considered. Fukuoka has a great language school, for example, and if I ever go to Japan to study you can bet that is where I will be going.

It’s just so AGGRAVATING to see a person shitting all over a country you actually really love. Like, go to Meiji Shrine! It’s literally in Tokyo. She won’t even have to leave to get an actual cultural experience. 

Posted

Here's the update ;)

8943FB20-1B42-475F-B2C2-996D57500D02.thumb.jpeg.13f218b04c9a05dec1344c9268e96fa8.gif

Posted

I'll share my experiences as a former annual pass holder to show some perspective on going often.

I'd go at least once a month to justify the cost. The place definitely loses its magic. I was able to go, eat, maybe walk around for a bit and leave.  I did not give a shit about anything else in the park because it was going to be there the next time I went, which could be the next day or the next month.  It was an expensive version of going to something like a shopping center.  The place doesn't change much (if at all) from day to day or even every week.  It changes for holidays and seasons but it's just redecorating the park.   

Kenna's not the only die hard Disneyland visitor I know of.  They have routines and they always hit up the same places... like her going to her favorite pink door.   It's annoying to go with people like that, they just drag you around instead of let you explore.  Trips to the park are methodical.  Also they give you shit if you want to watch the parade or the fireworks.

It's not boring, it's just not special.  I cannot imagine going to Disneyland Tokyo THAT much when there's so much other shit to do in Tokyo.  You can say the same about visiting California, it has so much more to offer than just Disneyland and California Adventure.  You only need a few days to fully experience them.

Get ready, it'll be the same shit, different park.

Posted

if ever i go to japan i wish i could also spot her that way i could see for myself what kind of a person she is irl.

Well if she’s still there in March and we spot her, I’ll be sure to share.  TBH I think the likelihood is low, we’re only doing Tokyo for 4 days, none of which will be at Disney, and I’m planning to spend time in other areas besides Harajuku hahaha

Posted (edited)

So I don't know how it works, but if she's there on a student visa, surely they're going to track her grades and such and report to the embassy or something?

Like, does she not have to maintain a certain GPA or whatever the Japanese equivalent may be to remain there the full year? Can she stay even if she fails out of school? Is her visa valid even if she doesn't GO to school? Is that tracked by someone?

I legit have no idea how she intends to pass school (I've heard it's crazy intense and very difficult) and still have time for Disney??

Edited by heckin_bork
Mobile suuuuucks

Posted

CDBE6420-39E7-4C68-9A40-609DC88D6295.thu       

Bitch, never change 

What, Disney already? I never been in disneyland but how is she no tired of it? 

Posted

I'll share my experiences as a former annual pass holder to show some perspective on going often.

I'd go at least once a month to justify the cost. The place definitely loses its magic. I was able to go, eat, maybe walk around for a bit and leave.  I did not give a shit about anything else in the park because it was going to be there the next time I went, which could be the next day or the next month.  It was an expensive version of going to something like a shopping center.  The place doesn't change much (if at all) from day to day or even every week.  It changes for holidays and seasons but it's just redecorating the park.   

Kenna's not the only die hard Disneyland visitor I know of.  They have routines and they always hit up the same places... like her going to her favorite pink door.   It's annoying to go with people like that, they just drag you around instead of let you explore.  Trips to the park are methodical.  Also they give you shit if you want to watch the parade or the fireworks.

It's not boring, it's just not special.  I cannot imagine going to Disneyland Tokyo THAT much when there's so much other shit to do in Tokyo.  You can say the same about visiting California, it has so much more to offer than just Disneyland and California Adventure.  You only need a few days to fully experience them.

Get ready, it'll be the same shit, different park.

i also go to the parks often and sincerely enjoy it, but I do know people like the ones you mentioned and don’t doubt that Kenna is probably that type. But it’s honestly what you make of it, like most experiences. It can be different and still magical despite going often because there is so much to do, that every time doesn’t have to be the same. There is also usually seasonal offerings, new things to try, different friends to go with that keep it from getting stale. And if you reeeaaaalllly truly love theme parks (I’m a guilty theme park nerd and am aware how strange that might look to many people) it won’t lose its magic.

people spend a lot of money on a lot of different things and if it’s for their enjoyment, then by all means.

but with kenna, her attitude, dishonesty, and her uncanny ability to drain the life out of everything she does is what bothers me. I couldn’t give a shit if she went to Disney everyday or went out drinking everyday or went to Panera everyday. But it’s how she filters it on her social media and her high and mighty condescending attitude. And how predictable she is and how reluctant she is to try anything new or different.