• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

6000 posts in this topic

Posted

:D Oh dear Kenna. The fact that she even thinks everyone in the world would pronounce letter "K" same way is ridiculous. I know she uses "Kei" in katakana but that she's trying to make it as "Oh, K is so much easier for everyone. Saying Kenna is so difficult but everyone can pronounce K".

Honestly the name "K" is more "difficult" to pronounce than her actual name.

As the letter "K" is pronounced different in different languages, most international classmates will only read that name right if it's written in Katakana while "McKenna" or "Kenna" would've been easy to pronounce in either Katakana or Romanization

If i'd see her name as "K" not knowing that i'd have to read the letter in english i'd call her "Ka" because that's how we pronounce that letter in my language lol

I call bullshit on her "it's easier for foreigners to pronounce" bullshit. She just wanted a different nickname. Just fking admit it girl it ain't bad

Just saw your comment :D

Posted

"Kei" has been in Japan for less than a month and she's already separating herself from the "foreigners".

Ten bucks says she starts talking about Japanese culture using "we" and "our" a la Mira.

Posted

"Kei" has been in Japan for less than a month and she's already separating herself from the "foreigners".

Ten bucks says she starts talking about Japanese culture using "we" and "our" a la Mira.

Me and a friend actually are betting to see how long it takes before she becomes the new Mira. I feel like we are going to get some Miranda vibes from this one. She's already got s history of being a scammer and a thief so not far off! 

Posted

Hidden Content

So I could not sleep and I stumbled upon an interesting conversation which Kenna has now deleted, I am going to spoiler and I’m on mobile so let’s hope it’s in order.

as a foreigner (eheh) i can say that Mckenna/Kenna is actually very easy to pronounce but whatever, she's just looking for excuses to live her japanese dweeb fantasy. 

Posted

aaf.jpg

MCKENNA IS HARD TO PRONOUNCE?! BITCH DO YOU KNOW MCROYAL OR MCDONALDS? 5Y/O CAN PRONOUNCE THAT SHIT xD FFS STOP ACTING LIKE YOUR NAME IS SO FUCKING HARD XDDDDDDDDDDD no but really, you've been shit in us and you gonna be one in japan 

Posted

She calling locals foreigners when she too classify as such makes her look self-entitled. Yes, McKenna, your class is composed of people from around the world, but you are all living in Japan so you are included to be a gaijin. Unless she classified herself to be Japanese and when meeting her classmates from different parts of the world that she found the need to call *them* foreigners because you know, she isn't one, she's in her home so...🙄

beside, she said before her class was composed of Germans, Italians, French, Korean, Polish... Hmm... Idk about you, but do you see anyone (Europeans mostly apperently) from that list to have a hard time saying "McKenna"? Or does she has a problem with people's accent that can't pronounce it right so she chooses "K"  (I'm sorry "Kei"). She sounds like the snobby girl in class. Even my Spanish ass can say her name xD I don't see the problem 

Posted

McKenna can easily be spelled and said as マケンナ (MAKENNA).

if she really wanted a name change she should've went to city hall while she was still in America and quietly changed her name to something else and kept Mckenna as her online alias rather than her legal name. Maybe if she thought with logic instead of impulses she could continue her weeb nonsense while having a stable job. 

Posted (edited)

"When I told my class they could just call me K they l i t e r a l l y were like 'thank goodness'"

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x

C'mon Kenna, just admit you wanted a cute japanese nickname for the weeboo queen you are, that's all...

How is 'Kei' way much easier to pronounce than 'Kenna' ?

Also why does she write 'K' and not 'Kei' ? K is not pronounced as 'Kei' (ケイ) in every languages... So YEAH totally easier for foreigners :hmm: (I would pronounce it as カ for example)

In addition the only Japanese people/ people with name Kei I have met/ know of are male...Keiko (female name) can be shorted to Kei tho, but I feel is more popular as a male name...

Edited by missconspiracy101

Posted

I sent the link to everyone who asked so far 

Me as well please? :alpacacrush:

Posted (edited)

honestly... i know a bunch of people have already said this but her calling japanese people "foreigners" in their own fucking country really grinds my fuckin gears 

she purports to love the culture etc etc and i just feel like if you want to claim to have any sort of appreciation of a culture and go live in that country and decide to make yourself a part of it, then you have a duty to be as respectful as humanly possible and really think about everything that comes out of your mouth (or... is typed by your fingers, whatever) to make absolutely sure you're being a benefit to their country/culture and not exploiting it or denigrating it. 

people can say "oh she misspoke" "oh it was a bad choice of words" but IMO she doesn't have that luxury. she's in the public eye (not nearly as much as she wants to believe, but she is) and not only that but she has the ability to edit/script herself and when she writes replies/comments she can take as much time as she WANTS to think about what she wants to say and how she wants to say it, and if she wants people to think she's not some trashy weeb who thinks she loves japanese culture but only knows what kawaii shallow shit is, she should be making more of an effort to sound educated and respectful. if shes not gonna take the time to do that, she shouldn't be surprised and offended when people call her out 

edit: ok so now i see that she was talking about foreigners from various countries in her class, not japanese people necessarily, so that was my bad, but i still feel like all this applies to kenna 

Edited by loversalibi

Posted

I have heard Japanese people abroad(in my own country as well) refer to us the locals as foreigners. so I think a lot of people do that lol and Japanese people seem to especially do that what I have noticed, even though they are the foreigners they still refer to the local people as gaikokujins.

and yes Kenna is perfectly pronouncable KE N NA or KEN NA in Japanese. so I do not know why she is being difficult by adapting a new nickname.

like if your name is Madeleine, Elisabeth or Cassandra I understand you would want to pick a new nickname. cause those long western names(with some exceptions like Miranda) are usually not only very hard to pronounce, but also just sound very awkward in Japanese. Ironically Kenna also has a very easy long western name(Ma ken na) that wouldn´t sound too bad. I guess she just jumped at the opportunity to pick a japanesy sounding nickname. Surprised she didn´t go with Keiko, even though that name is kind of considered dated now in Japan it would´ve been funny for her to find that out I guess haha.

Don't give her any new ideas...