• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

7947 posts in this topic

Posted

If it is the case that she isn't using her trust fund for this (doubtful), I can see Kenna maybe telling her parents that she's doing this to 'better herself' and it's some kind of 'return' to getting an education and an investment in her future and so they're willing to help her out with it financially. Many parents (particularly wealthy parents, if my rich classmates are anything to go by) are willing to help their kids with things that could possibly help them with future success. Unfortunately, as we have already outlined on her thread many times, just randomly learning Japanese won't do shit for her future--but I doubt her parents would know that.

I just can't see her making enough to fund a whole year at language school, especially since 1) I'm sure she'll be living in an expensive, well-furnished, aesthetically pleasing apartment likely in the heart of Tokyo, and 2) I can't see her working as a tutor and her Japanese isn't good enough for any other job. She nuked a majority of her videos, and her revenue along with it. Like, where is all this supposed self-made money flowing in from?? Bitch, hook me up with whatever job is just making money magically flow in from nowhere.

tbh I just really hope she eventually takes her studies seriously and properly puts effort into learning Japanese so at least something good can come out of this, but things aren't off to a good start so far.

Posted

I really don’t understand how Disneyland is still so fascinating to her the billions of times she’s gone. I’d love to go Disneyland, I’ve never been, but I wouldn’t want an annual pass. Once I’ve seen everything a few times the enjoyment and fun is gone. Do you think she’s bored but just wants to keep up with the uwu smol Disney princess thing? Or is she still really getting maximum enjoyment out of it?

Posted (edited)

girl, i wish you were right, but that's the price for a child year pass (she wishes tho lol)

https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/ticket/index.html

it's 89,000yen (like $850) for the 2-park pass for disneyland and disneysea which you knoooow is what she got. it says both on the top of her pass

Just asking for clarification because I’m genuinely confused, where do you see Disney sea on her pass? At the top I only see Disneyland, in the top left

(which on the website, for an annual adult pass, is 61,000yen/570USD)

e: had to go to her Instagram and zoom in but iiiiii see it. 🙂 I thought it was Disneyland written in two fonts.

Edited by nopethanks

Posted

I'm still wondering though, who is Kenna doing this for? Is it out of spite because people annoy her when they say she goes to Disney parks too often? Is it for herself because she's enjoying Disney parks so much...? (doubt that one) For the aesthetic?

I know a lot of people in Tokyo get the annual pass because they go to the parks after school or work and on weekends with friends, but Kenna doesn't even really have friends. Only people she can share followers with. I guess the Disney parks will only be her pretty background for photos. Which again is just as stupid as the shallow reasons mentioned above because she's literally in Japan where you can find amazing photo backgrounds on every corner if you want to.

I said that aaaaages ago already, but I would personally love going to the seasonal events of especially Disney Sea, BUT that's about it. No need for an annual pass, really. I don't even think she considers that because she has no feeling for money at all, but imagine all the food you could buy with $800. And not only that, even a stay at a luxury ryokan or traveling to a different city in Japan, even going to Osaka for the Universal Studios would have been a better investment, honestly. $800 are a roundtrip flight or two weeks in a really good hotel in Japan and I guess we can all agree that this is probably what most of us are jealous of when we say we are jealous of Kenna - that she can freely spend her money on completely unnecessary and extremely expensive things without even batting her fake lashes.

Posted

Side note: does ANYONE believe that she is as financially independent as she gladly lets on? I, for one, don't buy that shit for a second

Not at all. She recklessly spends so much money. I could only imagine how much she spends eating out, buying junk, going to Disney, and eating out there too. 

Didn’t she also say that she was broke after her second Japan trip. There’s no way in hell that she “saved up” for her move to Japan in 7 months? 

She also rushed tf out of moving to Japan. She could’ve waited for a later semester after actually planning out her move properly and finding an actual apartment. 

Nope. $$$$ for an Airbnb for months, $$$ for Disney pass, and we know she’s not cooking for herself. Trust fund and wealthy parents for sure. 

Posted

I do envy the fact she doesn't need to work 40hrs a week like I have to and gets to go to disneyland and go to starbucks and eat pankekki and drink miruko whenever she wants..  and I am only allowed 18days of vacation for a whole year. But what I'm not envious about is the the fact I have achieved so much more than she ever will. And I will appreciate my little 3 day vacation with my bf to Tokyo at the end of this month which I earned..  much more than she ever will for the whole year I am predicting... that is if she will even last that long. 

So peeps please don't be jealous. It's a waste of your negative emotions on this dumb bitch and honestly just continue to work hard like most of you guys do. In fact pity her... she will never appreciate fully what she has in abundance and I dont see a bright future for her at all. She will end up miserable I am pretty sure. And Im totally waiting for her demise so I can enjoy the show! Lol

P.S I am going to Disneyland when Im there so I'm going to take a picture if I see her lol 

Posted (edited)

I'm still wondering though, who is Kenna doing this for? Is it out of spite because people annoy her when they say she goes to Disney parks too often? Is it for herself because she's enjoying Disney parks so much...? (doubt that one) For the aesthetic

I actually feel bad for her. She moved to a foreign county and immediately bought a Disney pass. I think this is to “get her out of the house” in Japan, so she’s not just in her Airbnb watching anime - so it looks like she’s out and about all the time. And also, the attention and more r/thathappened stories. 

Without Disneyland and the ~security it gives her she probably won’t survive Japan without it.  

Edited by grassjelly

Posted (edited)

I'm still wondering though, who is Kenna doing this for?

I honestly think it's entirely due to the fact that she wraps up her entire sense of self in her interests and thus literally feels like she NEEDS those things (in this case, Disney) to still be herself. It might not even occur to her how ridiculous it is to--on your first day in a foreign country you will be living in for a year--go and buy a year-long entertainment pass when you don't even have a sense yet of how busy you will be in your day-to-day life because she probably feels like without Disney she can't be Kenna and so this is something she literally needs.

She probably thinks that this is cute quirky part of her personality ("tee hee fam I just can't live without Disney!!!!!") but it's actually pretty fucking sad that she has no identity outside the brands she professes to love.

Edited by chaisah
weird typo

Posted

Smh I can understand wanting to go to a foreign country’s version of a theme park ONCE maybe (last time I was in China I almost went to Shanghai Disney out of curiosity) but a year pass? While supposedly studying at a language school? Makes me wonder if she’s enrolled in a school in the first place...she can get in seeious trouble with the Japanese gvt if she lied about going to school there.

Posted

Smh I can understand wanting to go to a foreign country’s version of a theme park ONCE maybe (last time I was in China I almost went to Shanghai Disney out of curiosity) but a year pass? While supposedly studying at a language school? Makes me wonder if she’s enrolled in a school in the first place...she can get in seeious trouble with the Japanese gvt if she lied about going to school there.

you know I was actually thinking that she’s lying about going to language school I think that’s just an excuse for her to live there for a year 

Posted

you know I was actually thinking that she’s lying about going to language school I think that’s just an excuse for her to live there for a year 

omg I would laugh my ass off if she got deported.

Posted

I was about to say nah she’s not smart enough to do that, but now it’s literally a possibility that a follower emailed her offering to forge documents lol.

Posted

What I don't understand is how she has the energy to walk around a Disney park and stand in line for hours after JUST flying from America to Japan... doesn't she want to unpack whatever she brought, go buy some groceries for the week or the entire month she's staying in the AirBnB????? And like... sleep???? Oy vey!

Also on the Disney topic, I feel like if I had this opportunity as her (to be staying in Japan for a year) I definitely would take a trip to visit their Disney parks! For sure. But maybe ya know, as a treat to myself, maybe after passing an exam in the middle of the year or something. Not drop $800+ on an annual pass, goodnesssssssss. I'm sure there are PLENTY places she can use that money on to get the full Tokyo experience..

I know some classmates of mine have used financial aid to purchase annual passes for the Disneyland in CA. 1) I'm pretty sure that might be illegal and 2) We were in the same program at our school, I hardly had any free time, at least not enough to drive 4ish hours to go somewhere for a few hours and drive back. They would ditch class and ask us to say they were sick or lie about having doctors appointments. Of course, their final grades showed that they spent too much time at Disney and not enough on even doing the minimum of assignments. 

Also if you're on mobile, you can put spoilers. Do [ spoiler ] and [ / spoiler ] without spaces ❤

Posted

What a great day to start a year to see Kenna still going to Disneyland...but this time...in Tokyo!

How am I not surprised? No wonder every young girls would want to follow her. Kenna is like a Mary Sue character in fictional stories. She can do whatever she wants with lack of severe consequences, and uses it to appeal to younger audiences, even though she's a complete blank slate.

But then again, this is not a fictional story. There will be a chance that she'll end up in a bad situation where she will not be able get help, either it's financially or emotionally. 

Also, it's kinda embarassing to think that she has the beauty (though, it's artificial, not natural), but lacks brain. A simpleton with no motivation on life, just like Bella Swan.