• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord! (Updated)   01/14/19

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. In order to join, you need to have posted at least 20 comments on PULL! This is to make sure we don't let in any flakes with ulterior motives. After joining, you will receive a DM with instructions on how to get verified! Also, your registration date needs to be earlier than December 2018 so that we don't get a ton of people signing up only to join the Discord but without actually contributing to PULL. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL We've also added a gofundme link: https://www.gofundme.com/PULLnet Thank you for your continued love and support!

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

3518 posts in this topic

Posted

I wonder what other youtubers Kenya will be fake friends with since Mikan will definitely not make another video with her.  

Posted

all of a sudden i had the urge to watch kenna's "how to move to japan" video and then come here and read her thread again since its been awhile. i need some tea.

Posted

idk why y'all keep praising mikan and comparing her to kenna. it's getting annoying. i think it's weird that she just happens to say the opposite things of kenna as if she wants to prove she's better than her and it's childish. just say it to her face mate. and if they're supposed to be friends it's rude as fuck (idk their relationship).

Thank you lmao. Isn't this something they should be texting about? Plus something about the way Mikan advised her seemed like an adult talking to a child who can't comprehend anything. Like no shit someone should speak Japanese instead of hold a card if they're trying to learn the language, I don't think Mikan needed to let her know that. They're both weird lol.

Posted (edited)

Disney is more of a priority to her than school.

11FC3609-7061-4B91-942D-14FFDCE71DD7.thu

6FAF1163-FD72-4217-9E87-7C56BE9F2CF0.thu

BD014869-5AED-49BD-AE9F-EBC7121850EA.png

As I read her caption, I thought she was asking if a fluent follower would be able to caption her videos but was disappointed to read it was for a card she can show off. It seems so touristy. I think it would be such good practice for Kenna toto approach shop owners and have a conversation with them about why she's filming! Especially given the fact that this is her "career", this will be something that will always come up in lots of conversations soso it would benefit her so much if it were her own words.

did she shop her thumb 'cos it looks weirdly small or are iPhones really that huge lmao

Edited by Ne
PULL glitch w/ double words + added spolier

Posted

I guess it's not surprising that Kenna is one of those ~lifestyle influencers~ who seems to think stores/brands/companies should be thanking her for even wanting to film in their store just because she has a mildly large follower-base. If a store doesn't want you filming within their premises, Kenna, that's not going to change whether you have five followers or five-million, because it's not about your follow-count--it's about the comfort and privacy of the other patrons at that establishment. That's a big deal in Japan. People weilding a camera around in a small space makes a lot of people feel uncomfortable and can even make them want to leave a store or restaurant. I remember going to the Pokemon Center, for instance, and Aki (with some other people I didn't recognize idek) happened to be there and she had this huge camera and she was shoving it all over the place and it was so intensely uncomfortable for all the other customers. 

I know it's shocking for big social media people, but not all people want to be on camera, and some establishments are super sensitive to the comfort of their guests. Being like "but I have almost a million followers!!!!!!" is a super selfish way of seeing this, and is completely besides the point u g h.

Posted (edited)

exactly my thoughts, also mikan is a known lurker here so she's probably just trying to get cow points for shading kenna since people think that EVERYTHING mikan posts is a direct blow to kenna. 'subtweeting' is immature and childish as fuck. though mikan is a different type of snowflake, much more mild than kenna, she'd be a lot more respectable if she just cut kenna out of her life.

But why would she cut her out? I'm serious.

I get the emotional aspect of it, but why? How would that benefit Mikan?

Because it's not like she's leeching Kenna's personaility - just her attention.

It wouldn't benefit her career. The more people know about Kenna, the more likely they'll find out about Mikan. Good or bad publicity for Kenna automatically equals a drip-drip effect of engagement for the clones too - lunestelle, mikan, etc. 

Sure the subtext is immature, but it's a not so subtle way of showing people (even if it is just us here at PULL and lolcow) that's she isn't fuckin' with the stuff we're shitting on. She's using gossip sites to distance herself while still staying relevant.

(She's still a snowflake at end of the day, period.)

Networking with Kenna is good for Mikan's career, as long as she stays composed and doesn't go beyond the passive agressive subtext.

Yes, it makes her a snake, but like I said - that's showbiz baby.

Out foxing the cozykitsune.  

At entirely the same time - I could be giving the girl far more credit than deserved, but time will tell.

Edited by honeycrisp

Posted

idk why y'all keep praising mikan and comparing her to kenna. it's getting annoying. i think it's weird that she just happens to say the opposite things of kenna as if she wants to prove she's better than her and it's childish. just say it to her face mate. and if they're supposed to be friends it's rude as fuck (idk their relationship).

I'm not praising anyone. I'm just laughing that snowflakes are headbutting and it is always amusing to watch because of snowflake syndrome how they will respond to each other. It's happened before and will happen again. Also it brings the tea sometimes too.  The fact that one snowflake is even tired of another snowflake's shit is just too funny to ignore. 

Posted

I love how she can't be bothered to even pretend she's doing anything organically anymore. it's not just 'hey look i found this amazing vintage store and want to vlog in it, spur of the moment'. it's so calculated. and if her videos were any good, I think it would be a little more excusable. but this is so cringey.

Posted

I don’t see how the Winnie the Pooh ride is unique it’s a story telling ride if I remember, they have one for finding Nemo and the little mermaid. Unless this is the first time she’s seen a Winnie the Pooh ride cause they don’t have one In California (they have one in Florida) 

I lived in FL for a few years and now live in CA. Disneyland (CA) is kinda crappy compared to Disney World (fl). I've heard that Disney Tokyo is even better than Disney World, especially Disney Sea. Seeing how her only other Disney experience is in Cali (as far as I know, and besides her other trips to Japan?) and considering how much she seems to love Disney, I think its fair for her to talk about how amazing the experience is.

Like imagine being a huge fan of something and then getting to experience a different and better version of it. I'm not trying to wk but it makes sense, I definitely get why she's so excited about it. It doesn't really make sense to call her out for... enjoying Disney? (Although I agree that she seems to prioritize Disney over more important things)

Posted

But why would she cut her out? I'm serious.

I get the emotional aspect of it, but why? How would that benefit Mikan?

Because it's not like she's leeching Kenna's personaility - just her attention.

It wouldn't benefit her career. The more people know about Kenna, the more likely they'll find out about Mikan. Good or bad publicity for Kenna automatically equals a drip-drip effect of engagement for the clones too - lunestelle, mikan, etc. 

Sure the subtext is immature, but it's a not so subtle way of showing people (even if it is just us here at PULL and lolcow) that's she isn't fuckin' with the stuff we're shitting on. She's using gossip sites to distance herself while still staying relevant.

(She's still a snowflake at end of the day, period.)

Networking with Kenna is good for Mikan's career, as long as she stays composed and doesn't go beyond the passive agressive subtext.

Yes, it makes her a snake, but like I said - that's showbiz baby.

Out foxing the cozykitsune.  

At entirely the same time - I could be giving the girl far more credit than deserved, but time will tell.

i thought it would be mikan usig kenna so she would seem like the smarter and more capable jvlogger in comparison

Posted

I was surprised no one had told cozykitsune to do a collab with Venus or Mikan since she arrived in Japan. Until Mikan posted her comment and a fan of theirs asked Kenna to do a collab. 

They probably aren’t even friends at all and it’s only for the YouTube and insta. Also what Mikan did, I think it’s smart. Mikan has a bit more stuff kenna’s fans would want to see and more colorful (not very cute) outfits. But then again I don’t like to dress that way anymore. I have also noticed that Kenna is once again losing followers. 

8CCFEF7F-85E2-4A6A-8A1A-5DFE51F32337.jpeg

A09C9BB2-6972-424A-B3E8-D330B6F170B3.png

Posted

As I read her caption, I thought she was asking if a fluent follower would be able to caption her videos but was disappointed to read it was for a card she can show off. It seems so touristy. I think it would be such good practice for Kenna toto approach shop owners and have a conversation with them about why she's filming! Especially given the fact that this is her "career", this will be something that will always come up in lots of conversations soso it would benefit her so much if it were her own words.

Hidden Content

geez girl just practice your japanese! you’re living there, and even the strictest japanese are very forgiving af to foreign people who pronounce weirdly or have bad grammar, (unlike the french or chinese in my experience, at least) 

also, that finger is not shooping. iphone cases in japan especially tokyo disney are GIGANTIC. it’s the trend there, I think so that it shows as accessory when u do mirror selfies 

Posted (edited)

Definitely OT so posting under spoiler (hopefully this works because i barely post). I grew up in Temecula and watched her "vlog" from two months ago lol....

I had 1 beer and decided to watch some videos of kenna to see if i could see any glimpses of where she lived (its not as weird as it sounds, i grew up in Temecula and didnt even realize she was from there until i saw someone post something about it and saw her mention nearby cities so i was just really curious lol) and i watched her vlog (ch. one / an attempt at vlogging) and saw where she decided to go....

So in Temecula theres seriously nothing to do so people either go to Old Town or they go to the mall. "Old Town Temecula" is basically a slightly preserved town from the 1890's with like 2 historical buildings and a bunch of overpriced shitty old people clothing stores, a tiny museum, really bad mexican restaurants, and crappy antique stores. theres maybe one good one lol. its literally just a mile of crappy storefronts and no parking. There is so much nature and beautiful stuff like less than 5 miles from Old Town thats just over the mountains (Temecula VALLEY) like im talking miles of trees and creeks thats all public property that you can 100% film on and like to be honest so much more entertaining than just going to the one place literally everyone in that shithole town goes to. its seriously lazy as shit and no one even realizes because they're not from there. Fuck, she couldve gone to Viewpoint a mile away which is basically just a cliff where you go to smoke weed or have sex and overlook the city. At least she couldve shown a nice nondescript view!

** if you guys want some proof i can much show you exactly where the in-n-out is in conjunction to those antique stores and the other places she showed in the background via google maps

Edited by Space.pdf
was going to fix weird font issue but fuck it

Posted (edited)

exactly my thoughts, also mikan is a known lurker here so she's probably just trying to get cow points for shading kenna since people think that EVERYTHING mikan posts is a direct blow to kenna. 'subtweeting' is immature and childish as fuck. though mikan is a different type of snowflake, much more mild than kenna, she'd be a lot more respectable if she just cut kenna out of her life.

Mikan is just as big a weaboo as kenna they are a perfect match. The two of them should go for a drink sometime, stalk some random Asian boys together. They can swap tips on how to change race.

Edited by TeAcuP