• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

7967 posts in this topic

Posted

The guy behind her in the train video looks really unimpressed with her shoving through with her massive backpack. It's like the guy that flipped the bird all over again!

There's posters inside some trains showing you should put your bag in front of you to avoid hitting it on people (specially on peak hours). Maybe that's why he looks unimpressed lol

Posted (edited)

Deleted

Edited by caity

Posted (edited)

While it's great that she's bringing attention to a problem in Japan, it's annoying that she chooses to only care when it comes to Japan and Japanese people? Most of her followers are in the states and could've been encouraged to do something in their own country - while it's kind of hard for them to do anything in Japan.

She has such a platform and has said nothing about the many problems in the US. She also stayed silent when something happened a year or a few years ago in Turkey? (might be wrong on the specific country - it was mentioned in a past thread - but it had something to do with her West Asian).

Edited by grassjelly

Posted

It's good to stand up for people when they are being wronged but do you really want someone like Kenna to be that voice? Kenna is not a person who should speak up for people from what I have seen of her behavior toward her own fans. With her history and continued performance of being a rather shallow person I don't think she's someone you guys should push into things. I mean, I'm sorry but she's lazy and only does things if it makes her look good. She can't even manage her own YT channel without sounding bothered. *shrugs* I dunno. I get she's easy to contact but uh I def don't think she's best choice. 

Posted (edited)

@caity as much as i completely agree that everyone has a right to speak on the issue and calling attention to these issues is amazing, i just don’t think kenna acknowledged this issue the right way.

i think bringing attention to the issue is great but i think she should’ve left it at that somewhat. i don’t think it was wise of her to say “fight back!! make a scene!!” because it seems that japanese society is much more conservative, and you’re more likely to be shamed further for making a scene. in america, a bystander is more likely to come in and help if someone’s making a scene, but it japan it doesn’t seem like that’s always the case. it’s not as likely for someone to be willing to make a scene/speak out about their assault in japan in general, and it’s not a situation where you can just motivate someone/encourage them to speak out like you can in america. here in the united states, guaranteed resources to help a sexual assault survivor after they speak out are much more available to a degree, while in japan, such resources don’t really seem to be available at all, especially in this particular case with the idol.

i think this boils down to more of a culture and behavior thing rather than a problem with talking about an issue. bringing awareness to an issue is wonderful and we need more of it and i commend kenna for doing that, but you can’t just ignore the culture and behavior of a people because it comes across as having a lack of empathy.

tl;dr yes to bringing awareness to the issue, ehhh to the “fight back/make a scene” statement

i know this is such a tough issue and that we all want change to come for japan. it’s painful to watch the injustices going on right now, and unfortunately i don’t think we have the answer for it yet. all i know is that the reserved culture of the people must be taken into consideration, even if it seems ridiculous to us. this issue might seem to have an clear cut fix to a foreigner, which i think might’ve happened with kenna’s thinking even if she had good intentions, but i think to a japanese native, a solution may be a lot further out of reach.

hope that makes sense.

Edited by Teabii
replaced quote with @

Posted (edited)

deleted (spam reasons I apologize!)

Edited by caity

Posted (edited)

forgive me for double posting, but kenna just posted her visit to an alice themed cafe onto her instagram story (there’s more pictures, but i don’t want to clutter up the thread and i’m on mobile, so here’s two. there’s also a video of her filming a waitress at the cafe but it doesn’t show the waitresses’ face...not sure if this is still a privacy concern in japan?? i’ve heard that some cafes can be really picky on filming.) glad to see she’s showing us more of japan, but it really sucks that it isn’t being posted onto her feed imo. what a missed opportunity to be honest?? she’d get much more traffic to her feed if she posted stuff like the alice cafe onto her feed instead of boring flat lays of dumbass gloves and a fucking scarf 🙄 

369BAC26-13BC-4D08-A8E9-D3ADB861CF28.thu

2C0125C6-98EB-4115-BA91-527D74FB907C.thu

literally so much fuckin brown—it would match her feed perfectly. i will be shocked if this doesn’t end up on her feed (but will i really.....? 🤔)

here’s the boring ass flat lay, ugh. one of the most god awful flat lays i’ve seen from her tbqh:

AEF1ADC6-F2A8-4098-BB01-40E0CC75D138.thu

Edited by Teabii

Posted (edited)

Also, I wanted people to know japan isnt this kawaii desu desu perf anime place since kenna may be potraying that. This is reality not a weeaboo paradise. When you Romanticize and  fetishize you are causing harm. I was proud of Kenna for acknowledging  this at the very least so her fans can understand as well.

@caity as much as i completely agree that everyone has a right to speak on the issue and calling attention to these issues is amazing, i just don’t think kenna acknowledged this issue the right way.

i think bringing attention to the issue is great but i think she should’ve left it at that somewhat. i don’t think it was wise of her to say “fight back!! make a scene!!” because it seems that japanese society is much more conservative, and you’re more likely to be shamed further for making a scene. in america, a bystander is more likely to come in and help if someone’s making a scene, but it japan it doesn’t seem like that’s always the case. it’s not as likely for someone to be willing to make a scene/speak out about their assault in japan in general, and it’s not a situation where you can just motivate someone/encourage them to speak out like you can in america. here in the united states, guaranteed resources to help a sexual assault survivor after they speak out are much more available to a degree, while in japan, such resources don’t really seem to be available at all, especially in this particular case with the idol.

i think this boils down to more of a culture and behavior thing rather than a problem with talking about an issue. bringing awareness to an issue is wonderful and we need more of it and i commend kenna for doing that, but you can’t just ignore the culture and behavior of a people because it comes across as having a lack of empathy.

tl;dr yes to bringing awareness to the issue, ehhh to the “fight back/make a scene” statement

i know this is such a tough issue and that we all want change to come for japan. it’s painful to watch the injustices going on right now, and unfortunately i don’t think we have the answer for it yet. all i know is that the reserved culture of the people must be taken into consideration, even if it seems ridiculous to us. this issue might seem to have an clear cut fix to a foreigner, which i think might’ve happened with kenna’s thinking even if she had good intentions, but i think to a japanese native, a solution may be a lot further out of reach.

hope that makes sense.

oh no I completely agree with you! I think she was ignorant in the words she chose for sure!!!  All i wanted was her to post about the article and some information about sexism and sexual harassment in Japan. What kenna said was ignorant to the culture and anyways its not a womans job to protect herself from gross men. Society needs to change. 

Edited by caity

Posted (edited)

what was the point of contacting a snowflake and breaking the rules when this media story has been blowing up on facebook and twitter for the last week or so? this has been all over the internet, theres no reason to call to kenna to make an announcement. 
its not a praise-worthy thing to contact kenna and then post it here. even the mods have told people to stop.

Thank you for the critism im sorry I was unaware I havent been on pull since 2017! I wasnt looking for praise though... in fact I came her knowing I was gonna get pretty much roasted after reading everyones replies. So I decided not be pussy and take the critism. Like I said I wanted to write people with a big following to spread awareness I thought of her following not her. Im not completely aware of the rules and for that I apologize.

edit: also wanted to say it was never my intention  to post I literally felt guilty and felt I had to say I had a part in this as well. 

Edited by caity

Posted

507363AE-9FC8-4E26-9426-97DDEC532B29.thu34647CD9-A24B-42C6-977A-83C2937B5943.thu

could anyone native to japan/living in japan provide some insight on this?? i’ve heard about this case but i don’t know enough to really judge kenna’s response.

I think the only complaint I have I'd the fact that she's trying to pretend there is something simple that can be done about this. She didn't read the article either because it even said that women in Japan have been fighting this idea. She's ibasically preaching to the choir here. There are lots of reasons that women might be afraid to speak up. I've been groped many times in Japan unfortunately and because of something traumatic that happened in my childhood, I tend to freeze and panic when this happens. Not everyone is able to speak up about it. 

You should be holding assaulters and witnesses accountable for their actions or silence instead of putting more stress on the victims. Punish the salarymen who think because they had a hard day at work, they are entitled to your body.