• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

7083 posts in this topic

Posted

The guy behind her in the train video looks really unimpressed with her shoving through with her massive backpack. It's like the guy that flipped the bird all over again!

Posted

Went on vacation for a few weeks, didn't have time to check PULL, and I come back to a new thread ONE HUNDRED PAGES IN ALREADY. WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK. At least this'll be a good time to get through....

Posted

k chan is so smol! 

ugh 

Screenshot_20190118-091710.thumb.png.de6

If you watch the whole video, she’s the exact same height as the woman who’s boarding the train at the end. She only seems smol uwu because she’s ducking her head and because she’s surrounded by 3 guys, all of whom are presumably 5’7” and above. idk why she still insists she’s 4’11” when there’s so much proof that she’s actually around 5’2”. 

Posted (edited)

Does this person lurk here?? I saw someone comment about her eating meat on PULL.

C0E6EB97-EFFB-4022-A4B5-5F0D8FB9B8C1.png

4E3B1BF8-6E11-4A5A-90B4-93B53181D564.png

BD5D1999-34DC-4FE8-94FA-E139BE534480.jpeg

I could see this being a genuine comment from one vegetarian to another, but the tattling about PULL makes them look sad.

Also, Kenna's TERF bangs are not cute. She looked fine a week or two ago, and then she ruined her hair again >.<

Edited by Uso

Posted

Does this person lurk here?? I saw someone comment about her eating meat on PULL.

C0E6EB97-EFFB-4022-A4B5-5F0D8FB9B8C1.png

4E3B1BF8-6E11-4A5A-90B4-93B53181D564.png

BD5D1999-34DC-4FE8-94FA-E139BE534480.jpeg

isnt that the same lady that does the “You are a Queen!!! Everyone will bow down to you!!! You are perfect!!!” comments lol

guess they’re not a troll after all?

Posted (edited)

Lol that guy in the end is thinking: “why did I just see a pile of old clothes pass by right now”

Edited by PlanetVenus

Posted

507363AE-9FC8-4E26-9426-97DDEC532B29.thu34647CD9-A24B-42C6-977A-83C2937B5943.thu

could anyone native to japan/living in japan provide some insight on this?? i’ve heard about this case but i don’t know enough to really judge kenna’s response.

Posted

I could see this being a genuine comment from one vegetarian to another, but the tattling about PULL makes them look sad.

Also, Kenna's TERF bangs are not cute. She looked fine a week or two ago, and then she ruined her hair again >.<

Terf bangs that's what her hair reminds me of!  

507363AE-9FC8-4E26-9426-97DDEC532B29.thu34647CD9-A24B-42C6-977A-83C2937B5943.thu

could anyone native to japan/living in japan provide some insight on this?? i’ve heard about this case but i don’t know enough to really judge kenna’s response.

Kenna you're super late when it comes to the dark stuff in idol culture. 

BTW here is the Article: https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/16/asia/japanese-pop-idol-sexual-assault-apology-bullying-intl/index.html

and a second one I found: https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2019/01/222024/japanese-pop-star-apologize-assault-maho-yamaguchi

Posted

34647CD9-A24B-42C6-977A-83C2937B5943.thu

Nothing, Kenna. There is nothing you can do because you’re not a Japanese citizen. You don’t have a say in a country that you’ve been in for less then a month on a student visit. The wording of this post irritates me to no other. Why does she like to act like she has a say in how society works just cause she wants a part in it. 

(anyways, excuse my rant) 

Posted

As a sexual assault survivor I like that Kenna is encouraging others to speak out, but it also kind of comes across like she’s shaming that girl for apologising right before saying we shouldn’t shame survivors.

The entire “you HAVE to fight back and yell” argument is also inherently problematic as many victims simply freeze up in fear in these circumstances, or are too scared of their attacker to do anything that would draw attention to them, and it therefore invalidates survivors who don’t, or physically cannot do that due to physical disability. Many women who report are shamed, no matter what the country, and it often doesn’t go anywhere anyway, which is a large part of why women don’t choose to report.

This isn’t to say there’s nothing to be done, there obviously is, but the post to me came off as lip service and incredibly preach-y.

The idol in question is Japanese and therefore has dealt with the stigma surrounding this issue her whole life, and I can only imagine how she was treated after speaking out, Kenna has no place to judge survivors feeling pressured to take it back or apologise, especially not as an American woman talking about a Japanese woman’s situation. I understand she may not have meant it that way, but that’s how it reads to me.

Speaking up about this stuff is incredibly important and it’s good that Kenna has considering her following, but she needs to be careful with how she talks about this stuff, and inform herself on the issue at hand before doing so.

I definitely had these thoughts as soon as I read it. It's so easy to say "Do something! Stand up for yourself!" without acknowledging a lot of women who go forward to police officers will be shamed, questioned, not believed. Plenty of women (or men) who are assaulted feel scared, in denial, confused, etc.

Sexual assault victims are treated poorly in America - I believe it will be even worse in a country like Japan which unfortunately does not have great gender equality yet. Police may ask questions like:

"What were you wearing?"

"How much did you drink?"

"How many men have you slept with before?"

It really is spoken like someone who wants to look good but has never known/been someone who was assaulted or never did any research on it. I think there's better advice to be given - perhaps a hotline for women who have been assaulted? Info on how to contact a therapist? Address for a rape center in Tokyo (if there is one?) 

I guess good for her she's trying to stand up for women, but I really think she should put in research first...

Posted

Alright so you guys saw her insta story already.

I appreciated the sentiment but all I could think was, Kenna I really wish it was that easy...

Posted

The guy behind her in the train video looks really unimpressed with her shoving through with her massive backpack. It's like the guy that flipped the bird all over again!

Yeah, an excuse me, sumimasen, or orimasu would have been appreciated in that situation.