• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

WANTED: Artist for 2019 banner

40 posts in this topic

Posted

Your works are hella gorgeous, guys! Makes me wonder if doing a collab with multiple artists would be possible, like each person draws one snowflake and then they get all sticked together. Idk, maybe it is a shitty idea, lol

Pretty please please please Sarah McDaniel & Invadernoodles

Posted

I'm amazed by all the talent in here.

And I also think Brianna/morenainjapan deserves a spot

Posted

I nominate Taylor R, with a MC shirt on lmao

Posted

Definitely Mira and Momokun 9_9 

Posted

Our Hanfu Princess Yumi MUST be in it as well. :alpacafedup:

Posted

Please don't nominate snowflakes for the banner here, this thread is strictly for artists to post their work. We'll have a thread for this soon.

Posted

Up, because almost 90 days have passed and I'm anxious. As a hobbiyst artist myself, I'd love to see more artworks :)

Posted

Not to be confrontational or anything, but mods, you have so many awesome artists who have volunteered their time in this thread and it's been almost 3 years since starting the discussion of a new banner and half a year since any meaningful discussion here. So, is this happening or...?

Posted

First of all - I insist to award some kind of prize (may be the colorful nick)  a PancakeOnParade. We made the previous banner together (partly editing, altering and re-drawing portraits made by another users). She’s not as active as she used to be, but she also was this person who organized a lot of work, had archived every work submitted by others, made polls, finally found me to draw and edit stuff together. PoP really deserves tons of respect for her determination, especially when you can see how sometimes it goes with people saying they would do the work for free.

In case of any need I still have lots of materials from making current logo. I also can help. I’m also attaching a few drawings of art history portraits I’ve got on my iPad at the moment.

0625C406-ED50-433B-B403-09F1C800DD07.jpeg

1CF6DC05-32A4-4576-BCFC-1AB46D427147.jpeg

625DE082-5C31-4687-8D7F-4C89C5968A0D.jpeg

9CDAA070-97A5-42D5-9EB8-B5789D112440.jpeg

D62DB281-179A-4DEA-BA45-D4B26D6871BC.jpeg

I'm so late to replying to this, but thank u so much for the mention, Haeltide ; ___;. I pretty much was about to drop the entire project until you came in to work on it with me. So thank you so much for being there to keep me motivated and for fixing a lot of the stuff I was having trouble with.

Regarding the creation of the new banner: I feel the need to offer STRONG LOUD ADVICE on HOW TO PROCEED WITH THE CURRENT BANNER. Which is probably not needed considering the level of talent in this thread. If anything, this'll just give folks some insight into the tears work that went into the completion of the current banner.

Gather 'round children, and listen to my tale of woe.

All artists involved completed their artwork in 3 months. I ended up working on it for another 6 months because when we showcased the lineup, it looked terrible. The community consensus at the time was that art direction was needed to make the styles more consistent so that the banner looked more cohesive and polished.

As main-gun had left the website by this time, and kelly would eventually come to delete the original forum (lmao) I was left to work on bringing the whole thing together.

In addition to tweaking my work on Kotakoti, I also had to find a way to make my work more consistent with that of the other 5 snowflakes while simultaneously making everything visually interesting/tidy/polished. It's difficult to say how consistently I worked considering I was accountable only to myself. But my rough estimation was that I was working 2-5 days per week 1-6 hours per day.

Haeltide was really essential in motivating me to complete the banner as working on the same thing for a couple of months semi-consistently was driving me insane. I was posting updates to the thread at the time to keep myself motivated (which is how Haeltide got on board) but having someone to bounce ideas off of and evaluate my work was really clutch in motivating me to completing all of it.

Therefore, my advice to future artists is this:

• Don’t flake on the project
  • Only sign up to work on it if you feel comfortable with fellow artists tweaking your work
  • Keep in touch via discord, PULL, email, OR SOMETHING to communicate ideas, suggestions, and keep each other motivated.
  • Have 1-2 artists oversee the style/direction of the banner to ensure it's consistent and polished looking
  • Don’t flake on the project

At the core of it all is simply to treat it like a job you’re collaborating on with a team of people. So I also endorse finding a way to pay the artists involved if possible as that would also incentivize people to stay on board and get it done sooner rather than later.

Regardless, I wish all the best to whoever ends up working on the banner (and hope that you don’t suffer my mistakes when working on it). Ya'll are dazzling, blessings and good fortune to you all ( ̄ー ̄)b.

Posted

We really appreciate all the contributions! As you probably know, PULL needs a whole lot of work right now, so unfortunately, the banner has been put on the back burner, but it's not forgotten, we just have some more serious issues to tend to first. Thank you so much again, and we'll post updates soon.