• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord! (Updated)   01/14/19

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. In order to join, you need to have posted at least 20 comments on PULL! This is to make sure we don't let in any flakes with ulterior motives. After joining, you will receive a DM with instructions on how to get verified! Also, your registration date needs to be earlier than December 2018 so that we don't get a ton of people signing up only to join the Discord but without actually contributing to PULL. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL We've also added a gofundme link: https://www.gofundme.com/PULLnet Thank you for your continued love and support!

acne Acne Is Dragging Me Down

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Im so jealous of people with clear skin. I have good self confidence when my skin isn't broken out but I just hate my acne so much. I know I should wash my face more and not pick at it but it has become a habit. Self care is something I struggle with. My cheeks are always red and so is my chin. I have a pimple on my lip and I feel like people think I have herpes... 

*edit I should have put this in skincare but its also more of a mental wellbeing thing

Edited by asadmushroom

Posted (edited)

Agreed. One time I had pimples that looked like constellations on my forehead, pretty painful to walk in public. Sucks. I try to keep my face clean anyways.

Edited by Gogeta

Posted

i completely understand how you feel. a lot of people in my family have very few pimples, so i feel like the odd one out amongst my family members whenever i go out with them. even if i take face creams, moisturizers, and follow self-care routines online, my acne makes me look like a tomato with my red cheeks and red forehead. 

Posted

Have you tried acne treatments? (Not the stuff you get at the drugstore but an actual acne treatment that you would get at the pharmacy or even with an prescription)

Posted

I might not be of much help but... as someone who has always had clear skin it's absolutely not something I notice or think about in others. One of my friends had/has really heavy acne and I literally didn't notice until she pointed it out herself. So even if you think it makes you look bad it really is all in your head and other people don't care.

Honestly the one person I knew who did care was someone who was very insecure herself, which made her take it out on others by being mean...

Posted (edited)

I might not be of much help but... as someone who has always had clear skin it's absolutely not something I notice or think about in others. One of my friends had/has really heavy acne and I literally didn't notice until she pointed it out herself. So even if you think it makes you look bad it really is all in your head and other people don't care.

Honestly the one person I knew who did care was someone who was very insecure herself, which made her take it out on others by being mean...

this. i used to have really bad acne myself, and now that i think about it, the only person who stressed/cared about it was myself. 

i also used to envy people with clear skin A LOT. but honestly, those people just got lucky in their genes and we kinda got the shit end of the stick y'know?

one thing that really helped me was to delete instagram. instagram specifically because seeing people with beautiful, flawless skin  24-7 really fucked with my head

also, if people judge you because of your acne, they aren't people you shouldn't be around OR waste your time with anyway. be around people that accept you for who you are :alpacalove:

Edited by Dwight Schrute

Posted

I think the best advice that i can give you is go to a dermatologist. I used to have acne and went to a dermatologist and she gave me some pills that i have to take for 6/8 months but if i do i will never have acne again ,its been 5 months since and my skin got clear and stopped been so fucking greasy. 
ps: it turns out that the reason why i had acne was because of my greasy skin and stress

Posted

this. i used to have really bad acne myself, and now that i think about it, the only person who stressed/cared about it was myself. 

i also used to envy people with clear skin A LOT. but honestly, those people just got lucky in their genes and we kinda got the shit end of the stick y'know?

one thing that really helped me was to delete instagram. instagram specifically because seeing people with beautiful, flawless skin  24-7 really fucked with my head

also, if people judge you because of your acne, they aren't people you shouldn't be around OR waste your time with anyway. be around people that accept you for who you are :alpacalove:

Don't some people cover their acne with make up? There's no way in hell I'm the only one in a 1000 meter radius with acne.

Posted

Don't some people cover their acne with make up? There's no way in hell I'm the only one in a 1000 meter radius with acne.

you can, but wouldn’t it clog the pores and makes it harder for your skin to breathe O.o

Posted

you can, but wouldn’t it clog the pores and makes it harder for your skin to breathe O.o

Wouldn't know. Guess everyone else has better skin than me.