• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Reputation Has Increased!   07/06/20

Hello. You have been asking for it and it is finally here. We have increased the number of reputation given in a day from 25 to 50. We will see how well 50 works out and if that is enough. Please continue to provide feedback and we will reevaluate as needed. This change has been added to the site changes thread located here. Happy repping. Thank you.

Julia Zelg

9234 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

That insta story was so weird and felt staged. The way Julia was like 'people are asking where you are" and Eileen pretending to be surprised like "oh reaallly? I'm right here!". Something fishy is going on

Yeah how she says that sounds like she's hiding something. "They've been asking where you've been", the "I'm here" says nothing & doesn't explain why she's been absent during several days. They're avoiding this subject. And acting all surprised? C'mon, Eileen!!! You've seen the people asking on Julia's picture.

Edited by Jodajoe

Posted

Yeah how she says that sounds like she's hiding something. "They've been asking where you've been", the "I'm here" says nothing & doesn't explain why she's been absent during several days. They're avoiding this subject. And acting all surprised? C'mon, Eileen!!! You've seen the people asking on Julia's picture.

Yeah.

Things like this make me question how people cope with the “influencer” lifestyle. If I were in Eileen or Julia’s position I’d be so horrified by people wanting to know where I’d been if I’d been off radar for a few days.

But they’ve consciously set it up so that the whole point is that people wonder/ask about their every move. And if people lose interest in the minutiae of their lives, the whole thing falls apart. What a horrible position to put yourself in.

Posted

Uhh. Right folks I think i have been naive posting here - of COURSE my vagueness has caused curiosity. I’m still just nervous. So ill just give a brief summary.

i have no idea if Julia left her own band or her masters, she doesn’t speak to any of us anymore. I knew her more of an acquaintance and the fun moments in rehearsal. They were not open rehearsals. We just get to the performing part and in comes Eileen all smiles. The director took Julia aside as we are not allowed visitors at this time. She said she didn’t invite her and seemed distressed. Strangely she wanted the director to say, who politely asked her to leave. There was no dramatic scene but her whole demeanour changed. It was scary, it was like the act totally dropped and her face changed. She stormed out. Julia went after her, comes back in tears keeps saying she’s ok. 

She was closer to my friend and they had a big chat about it all. I said about the apology there is more but I’m thinking of my friend here as well. My friend basically said Julia has made up her mind to go. Except instead, she never came back for rehearsals. No contact, no response. Just nothing. We had an understudy but people were pissed but also concerned at what the hell just happened.

Julia never text her back again. Again this is partly hearsay although I saw some so please don’t take as actual gospel. 

I have a theory - just a theory - that Eileen is slowly pushing Julia out of her independent activities and merging them together. I believe the hair was part of this, the passive aggressive apology, the passive aggressive way of saying ‘my video is ready to go Julia hasn’t edited it’ whilst Eileen sits around on Twitter. I saw Smash or Pass, was disgusted by her. As Julia has left so many independent things I am fairly convinced that the sex sells aspect has been basically a choice made by Eileen too, who says all these creepy ass things constantly calling her Goddess. No Eileen, she’s a person. Treat her like a person. 

anyway. I’m sorry to ramble. Would be happy to speak to mod, or to answer any questions best I can. 

sorry for the armchair diagnosis everyone, but this sounds so much like borderline personality disorder. When you said her whole demeanor changed ; her face changed, I knew right then what it sure sounded like. If you put together everything that’s been going on with Eileen and how she acts , it really makes sense for Eileen to be borderline instead of a sociapath. I can just see Julia having to tiptoe around Eileen all the time so she doesn’t cause her to have a mood swing. And in case you all know nothing about borderline pd, I’ll just say that their moods change suddenly and often. This is not a mood swing like a bipolar person would have. Bipolar’s have mood swings and they stay in that certain mood for weeks or months, where as borderline’s have mood swings that happen and the mood changes back quickly like in a matter of hours to few days. It’s very hard to live around them. 

Posted (edited)

I'm a long time lurker (I've been following these thread since the car crash that is Eileen came onto the scene) 

I work in mental health and while I am not a psychiatrist, I do have experience with Borderline Personality Disorder (I am diagnosed with it and also treated others with it) so I hope that I am able to provide some insight too.  

BPD mood swings can change within an instance, something (it could be anything) could trigger this change in mood. BPD is typically caused by something traumatic occurring early in childhood. Fear of abandonment, unstable sense of self, mood swings, impulsive behaviour and intense relationships all come with BPD - From a glance, I would think that Julia has BPD or Histrionic PD instead of Eileen.  

From what I've seen of Eileen, I'd say she aligns more with Narcissistic Personality disorder. NPD is a cluster B personality disorder and is in the same group as BPD, so some of the symptoms may overlap. Heighten sense of importance, sense of entitlement, exaggerates achievements and talents, belittling others and taking advantage of others is what we've seen from Eileen just from their videos - all of which points more towards NPD, and while some BPD people have this too, it's more NPD. 

If, for example Julia had BPD and Eileen has NPD. It would make Julia somewhat of an easier target to be preyed upon. 

I'm sorry to hear some of you have had bad experiences with people with BPD. I can imagine that it must be awful to be on the receiving end of it, especially if they're refusing treatment etc. I know that I have been awful towards my partner before I accepted treatment and I have to live with that regret now. I've been on the end of NPD abuse and that wasn't fun, which has made my BPD very paranoid to the point I worry that I am the abusive one, in fear of being like my ex. 

Perhaps I'm just triggered because I don't want to think that I'm in the same category as Eileen lmao. 

But hello, I'm glad to finally be apart of this board :D

Edited by Monstermunch

Posted

I'm not convinced Eileen has BPD. Unlike other PDs, BPD usually improves with age and can be managed well with treatment (threapy). It doesn't quite fit that a woman in her 60s would be this severe. People with BPD are not prone to lying, criminal activity and premeditated acts or manipulation. She is more likely to have ASPD, which has some over lapping features but includes things like a blatant disregard for the law and compulsive lying.

Posted

I'm not convinced Eileen has BPD. Unlike other PDs, BPD usually improves with age and can be managed well with treatment (threapy). It doesn't quite fit that a woman in her 60s would be this severe. People with BPD are not prone to lying, criminal activity and premeditated acts or manipulation. She is more likely to have ASPD, which has some over lapping features but includes things like a blatant disregard for the law and compulsive lying.

the symptoms you mentioned can be BPD also. And, not everyone gets better with age. But I see how it could very easily be ASPD also. We will probably never know. Just know it’s an unhealthy relationship.

Posted

the symptoms you mentioned can be BPD also. And, not everyone gets better with age. But I see how it could very easily be ASPD also. We will probably never know. Just know it’s an unhealthy relationship.

Lying, manipulation and criminal behaviour are not listed in the DSM-5 diagnostic criteria for BPD. Of course impulsivity can sometimes lead to criminal behaviour or some of the mentioned behaviours but in general these are not defining features of the disorder. Everyone is different, granted. 

Posted

The ramifications of years of drug use especially prescription are hard to understand until your around a person who has been doing it. I have. They become a different psychology. won't even talk about how illegal drugs can create bipolar disorder in an normal   person 

Posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTHaV_knkQc

You guys, this came up on recommended for me and it got me so nostalgic.

She has changed SO MUCH! She used to be genuinely really sweet, I totally forgot in the face of all the drama in the past months. 

I must say, her content probably never was very good, the vlogs were always about nothing -- but without the whole fake LA attitude it was kind of endearing!

Posted

I'm with you 100% - her anxiety is more of the "will everyone adore me if i put myself out there" than true social anxiety.  Most of us put ourselves out there and are anxious to "do ok", Julia seems to positively need adoration and compliments.  Her body issues strike me as absolutely bullshit though.  No one posts their flat ass (she needs an aggressive squat routine) for all the world to see if there is true insecurity.

Usually I don't feel comfortable talking about someone's body like this, but I will say that I noticed that her quads are huge and her butt and thighs are very flat. What is she even doing when she's at the gym? Girl needs to start doing squats to even herself out.

I believe that she has anxiety but not the body image issues. 

Posted (edited)

Usually I don't feel comfortable talking about someone's body like this, but I will say that I noticed that her quads are huge and her butt and thighs are very flat. What is she even doing when she's at the gym? Girl needs to start doing squats to even herself out.

I believe that she has anxiety but not the body image issues. 

I think her body looks beautiful as it is. She's healthy, young, fit. And I don't agree that her taking revealing selfies is a sign that she can't have body image issues. I work in education and you see this all the time with teens- posting revealing pictures is a perverse method of seeking reassurance and approval.

And elsewhere. Some of the most exposed and highly paid models in the world have deeply-held problems with their bodies. I can understand your logic and it's true it seems like a paradox, but it's not that different from the way actresses who have won the genetic lottery (in terms of facial symmetry and beauty) choose to enter an industry where their faces routinely appear on 100 meter-wide screens, before quickly tampering with their looks using surgery.

The relationship between exposing oneself and self-esteem is not a straightforward one.

Edited by Tallis

Posted

She has changed SO MUCH! She used to be genuinely really sweet, I totally forgot in the face of all the drama in the past months. 

I must say, her content probably never was very good, the vlogs were always about nothing -- but without the whole fake LA attitude it was kind of endearing!

Omg! She was really cute, I miss that content ☹️ was that Maria? How long were they together?

Posted (edited)

Omg! She was really cute, I miss that content ☹️ was that Maria? How long were they together?

It was Maria I can't remember how long they were together. It was strange hearing her say her friend! But this was real Julia.

Edited by Ggrey

Posted

It was Maria I can't remember how long they were together. It was strange hearing her say her friend! But this was real Julia.

I started watching Julia when she was with Maria, and I remember being a little weirded out by the age gap, but they were much better together than her current relationship as far as I can tell. Eileen gives me the creeps. 

Posted

True -- Julia is just adorable in this video, she comes across as very sweet and quirky, but I think we should remember too this was 3 years ago ... and 3 years in the life of a twenty-something is HUGE!  There's no question Julia's personality has changed. but wouldn't it be kinda weird if it hadn't?  ... I think all people change a LOT during their twenties, we're seeing her become more mature, maybe more cynical as well.  But maybe after dealing with all the public criticism of her relationship, the influence of such a strong personality such as Eileen, and the death of someone close to her ... it's understandable she's not as innocent as she once was.  I'm hoping the more mature she becomes the more she's be able to have a better perspective on her relationship and whether it's in her best interest to stay or move on.