• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

Safiya Nygaard

133 posts in this topic

Posted

Oh wow. Where did you hear about that? I don't keep up with any of the staff she has around. 

she replied on her most recent post on ig about a comment regarding why Tyler's channel hasnt released any videos lately

Posted (edited)

she replied on her most recent post on ig about a comment regarding why Tyler's channel hasnt released any videos lately

Here's the comment for archival purposes:

Screenshot_20190315-073500_Instagram.thu

Edited by Nevermore

Posted

How much of a "team" do they possibly need? They operate the camera for each other both at home and while vlogging and use pretty basic editing on their videos. Fulltime youtubing is weird shit.

Yeah considering Cristine/Simply has a full time job but still does vids on weekends with a regular upload schedule and even edits and films them herself just with Beyns help. Why the heck can't Safiya and Tyler get their shit together with a "team" of workers?  It's been 15 days since her last upload, despite her and Tyler saying they were filming a heap of vids in January to get ahead... so WTF???

Something is definitely fishy where she was probably expecting way too much from her editors for little pay and no perks and they told them to shove it. The fact she is floundering so badly lately also says a lot, and the fact she keeps playing this "woe is me and my life!" act online about anyone daring to criticize her as she tries to cosy up to bigger Youtubers and their problematic struggles and trying to relate - is just really telling about their own attitudes.

Girl needs a reality check if she insists on making this youtube thing her life and livelihood.

Posted

Yeah considering Cristine/Simply has a full time job but still does vids on weekends with a regular upload schedule and even edits and films them herself just with Beyns help. Why the heck can't Safiya and Tyler get their shit together with a "team" of workers?  It's been 15 days since her last upload, despite her and Tyler saying they were filming a heap of vids in January to get ahead... so WTF???
Something is definitely fishy where she was probably expecting way too much from her editors for little pay and no perks and they told them to shove it. The fact she is floundering so badly lately also says a lot, and the fact she keeps playing this "woe is me and my life!" act online about anyone daring to criticize her as she tries to cosy up to bigger Youtubers and their problematic struggles and trying to relate - is just really telling about their own attitudes.

Girl needs a reality check if she insists on making this youtube thing her life and livelihood.

her content is basically the same thing as well so her editors were probably tired of seeing her buy shit off of wish and whatnot

Posted

her content is basically the same thing as well so her editors were probably tired of seeing her buy shit off of wish and whatnot

I know if I had to constantly hear her fake theater transatlantic voice and weird eye-cheek-camera-posturing coupled with the dance moves - I'd want to stab myself in the head.

Posted

I wonder what happend. Half a team just doesn't quit for no reason

Posted

I don´t even know how many ppl they had in their team. I just remember a girl that helped them with the Instagram hack video. What really annoys me is the uploading schedule. Why do they even make "promises" like ~yea we totally filmed ahead guyz~ and then let the subscribers hang 

Posted

If she did have a "Team" then she never gave proper credit to them which is pretty shitty TBH.

I went back to read the descriptions of her old videos to see if she listed how many people were in "Team Saf" and in her pre-tokyo videos she either only listed her assistant-editor emily or gave no credit at all. As of right how she does list Emily and two other people as "Team Saf" in her channel description though.

On Tyler's channel (which she implied is also edited by her "Team") she gives no credit to a team helping them whatsoever.

This all seems very sketchy. I'm pretty sure she is either:

A: Lying to her fans and made up this story about a fake production team bailing on her to put the blame on her slow uploading and laziness on someone else.

Or

B: She tried to hide her production team (I guess to make people think she did all the work herself?) And never gave them all credit which I find VERY hypocritical of her if this is true since one of the main reasons she left buzzfed was because they take credit for everyone's work!

Posted

18 days without a vid.

hjVloXd.png

Posted

Lol the “where is your ring” comment 

Posted (edited)

To be fair, lots of Youtubers have teams - the Try Guys and Michelle Khare are former Buzzfeeders and they have entire teams. Christine (SimplyNailogical) doesn't really film elaborate videos; additionally, her and her boyfriend are both still at their full-time jobs and have no intention of quitting. But to be honest, I don't think Saf really needs an entire team, either. Her videos are entirely a) Buying shit and using it/trying it on in her house b) Going out to stores to do "science experiments" and mixing them together at home or c) Wearing a weird article of clothing around random places in LA for a day.

The Try Guys do lots of different things inside/outside their filming house, AND they regularly upload. Michelle does a lot of workout challenges that are time-consuming (she recently went to a marine training camp for three days and filmed it all; major props to her). I regularly see them all have their editors in their videos and properly give them credit.

Saf needs to step up her game like her former Buzzfeed colleagues have. Her videos are getting repetitive and she rarely uploads.

(Also, why does she never wear her ring? It's weird to me.)

Edited by OK BYE

Posted

using the extended length of their videos as an excuse for not putting videos out is basically just flexing about how bad they are at editing. like??? nobody wants 45 minute videos of safiya pretending to blunder through normal life circumstances and overpronouncing words. just learn to fucking edit.