• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Safiya Nygaard

340 posts in this topic

Posted

Tbh.. this video was pretty boring sadly. It could have been interesting if she went more for some styles she might not normally wear. Just to spice things up a little bit. But even then... it was pretty boring, even as background noise (as I usually use her videos)

Posted

hey guys! i know this is really late but i was wondering if anyone had any idea abt when freddie and safiya stopped being friends

i know they no longer follow each other on social media, and they appeared in videos together even after she left buzzfeed, so i get like something major had to happen

Anyone know about this? Might just be as simple as moving on as people tend to do but if there's some juicy drama here I missed I'm curious too.

Posted (edited)

Idk how she's gonna complain that certain pieces are boring or safe choices when every option she gave was boring or safe choices... If you want more experimentation, you have to go out of your comfort zone and not put rarely for everything and mark NO to practically every color choice possible except black and white???

Edited by curry

Posted

The only thing that springs to mind is, who asked for this video? Was there anyone particularly clamoring for this? No shit that it was all picked by an algorithm and everything was super basic, like you'd get personal treatment by a professional stylist for $4.99. 

Posted (edited)

Idk how she's gonna complain that certain pieces are boring or safe choices when every option she gave was boring or safe choices... If you want more experimentation, you have to go out of your comfort zone and not put rarely for everything and mark NO to practically every color choice possible except black and white???

I KNOW

like what did she expect??? and in the comments she clarified that they should have had a wide variety to choose from which is ridiculous because I feel like she put "rarely" for a lot of things

idk this video was kinda unnecessary it wasn't really insightful and I didn't find myself interested since she had nothing to work with it

I hate that she says that wearing all black is a 'style'. No its what retired emo kids do, all of her outfits are cheap and ugly. You can pull off all black if you play with fabrics and accesoiries but she is just putting on cheap shit together

idk if this is like okay to say but imo it kinda does seem overboard for her age specifically, I know age shouldn't really matter but it does seem like she's trying too hard and it's not quirky or funny that she always has to wear black lol its just weird especially since she ventures into fashion

Edited by sfrappe1999
lol words

Posted

Exactly. I'm not sure how she sees her style as. She usually wears only black, regular cut clothing. She doesn't experiment with pants, wearing mostly leggings, so... Yeah, you left the patterns unchecked for avoid, but... What can a stylist to with Black, white and Silver considering those patterns? She complains a lot about the clothing being similar to the ones she already own, but I'm sorry, if you have a plain style, this service is probably not the best for you. 

Posted

The only thing that springs to mind is, who asked for this video? Was there anyone particularly clamoring for this? No shit that it was all picked by an algorithm and everything was super basic, like you'd get personal treatment by a professional stylist for $4.99. 

To be fair, it is Amazon advertising as "picked by actual stylists", anyone with 2 braincells knows that this is not possible for that price, but at least, if anyone wants to try this (which there must be a market, or else it wouldn't be like her 3rd video about "an app picking your next clothes") they can have Safiya's video as a reference.

Posted

this video was the final straw for me, i unsubbed. the wedding videos were fun, but after the third time of her reciting the whole 'i am engaged, afianced, etc' thing my eyes started to glaze over. a weird thing i noticed on her social blade is she's had four random spikes where she gained over 10k followers in one day? 

Posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht7MNqZT_hU

I hate that she says that wearing all black is a 'style'. No its what retired emo kids do, all of her outfits are cheap and ugly. You can pull off all black if you play with fabrics and accesoiries but she is just putting on cheap shit together

This.

I like the series from buzzfeed where they try to put on outfit under budget and then have a stylist go all out with high end brands. 

She already had series of getting styled by other people but I wish she would hire a professional who would show how to play of textures and patterns and invest into quality material and not Walmart looking shirts. Like she’s at a place where she could support small niche designers or get item from big names. But not cringy outfits with brands logos slapped over. 

Posted (edited)

Her fast fashion videos are getting to be boring. While her previous ones were testing out the quality of a lot of fast fashion brands and so there was some investigative merit to them, I don't think anyone needed this video to know Amazon cobbled together an AI 'stylist' to buy you clothes.

I feel like she should probably drop this type of video at least for now because of how worn out they are on her channel and how ethically dubious fast fashion in general is.

Edited by redbowkiki