• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Safiya Nygaard

340 posts in this topic

Posted

I like her but she really doesn't know how to dress for her body type.  Most of the dressed she tried on were very unflattering.

I agree. A lot of the dresses were weird looking. My favorite was the one with the shoulder cape and the gold belt in the middle of the video. I'm a little upset she didn't pick that one.

Posted

I agree. A lot of the dresses were weird looking. My favorite was the one with the shoulder cape and the gold belt in the middle of the video. I'm a little upset she didn't pick that one.

sameeee.  that was the only one that actually flattered her figure.

Posted

Did anyone else get the feeling it was already planned she was getting a custom made dress, and she tried on those others just to have content for a video? Why else would she 'fall in love' with a pinned back muslin, lol. Sometimes Safiya comes across as so canned.

Posted (edited)

I liked her choice actually!

She tried on dresses that are just not made for her upper body, but I dong judge her im even worse lol.

Te tight long sleeved one looked nice but it didn't look like a wedding dress, more like red carped gown.
I only liked the last one completely on her, but I agree that it wasn't "enough". Im glad she is going with that style just different materials.

Did anyone else get the feeling it was already planned she was getting a custom made dress, and she tried on those others just to have content for a video? Why else would she 'fall in love' with a pinned back muslin, lol. Sometimes Safiya comes across as so canned.

To be fair, most youtubers do that.

Edited by Opheliac

Posted

I think she had made up her mind but watching her try the dresses was fun anyway. Safiya is pretty unproblematic so even rehearsed content is nicer than a lot of the filler on YT. 

Posted

It looks like she did that, but it doesn't really bother me tbh

Posted

I like her but she really doesn't know how to dress for her body type.  Most of the dressed she tried on were very unflattering.

this isn’t fair to her to be honest, most wedding dresses when you try them on are not in your size to begin with hence all of the clamps. It’s not going to look right when you try them on it’s just to get an ~ idea ~ before you go through all the alterations

Posted

this isn’t fair to her to be honest, most wedding dresses when you try them on are not in your size to begin with hence all of the clamps. It’s not going to look right when you try them on it’s just to get an ~ idea ~ before you go through all the alterations

I won't argue with you on that, but no alteration can change the cut of a dress - some of the cuts were simply not optimal.  Also, it was more of a general comment (no hate involved whatsoever)

But I do have a question, did you just join pull to leave this comment?  seems a little bit suspicious.  

Posted

According to her "I got custom clothes from an app" video. She weighs 163.

Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 12.38.35 AM.jpg

She looks bigger now. Probably close to 180

Posted

she ever gonna grow out of the 2011 eyeliner style ¿

Posted

I wish she'd say something about her constant weight-gain. Every time she posts a video she looks like she gained weight.

she actually did say something about it in the comments of the engagement video. lots of people were (rudely) saying that Tyler must’ve proposed because she was pregnant and she came into the comments to say that no, she wasn’t pregnant, had just recently gained lots of weight because of stress.

Posted

She looks bigger now. Probably close to 180

Why exactly do we care about her weight, again? At least she's not one more "teehee this size 0 is so tight on me" skeleton.

Posted

Why exactly do we care about her weight, again? At least she's not one more "teehee this size 0 is so tight on me" skeleton.

Because she has probably gained around 30 pounds since she left Buzzfeed. She gets fatter and fatter in each video, that cannot be good. I just wish she'd mention it in a video.

I'm chubby myself and I hate seeing happy fat youtubers pretending like she would still be famous if she had been fat since the beginning.

Posted

Because she has probably gained around 30 pounds since she left Buzzfeed. She gets fatter and fatter in each video, that cannot be good. I just wish she'd mention it in a video.

I'm chubby myself and I hate seeing happy fat youtubers pretending like she would still be famous if she had been fat since the beginning.

She has mentioned her weight gain before. As judithslayholofernes said before, she gained weight due to stress. She mentioned it in the engagement video. I doubt she intends to stay this way and even if she does, it's not a bad thing. It's really not something she probably has great control over right now. There's no need to comment on her weight over and over especially so negatively. It should be known one thing people really shouldn't comment on is weight. She's aware she's gained weight, please move on.