• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Safiya Nygaard

176 posts in this topic

Posted

I thought we could have separate topic for her, since shes the most successful Buzzfeed's ex employee. She doesn't really have any controversies (that I'm aware) but people are commenting that her content is getting repetitive and boring.

Safiya-Nygaard.jpg

YouTube | Instagram | Tweeter |

She mostly does make up, fashion and trying out products for a week, and usually really goes into depth with research which I appreciate.

Newest video

Im super happy for them!

Posted (edited)

Nice to see a thread going on for Safiya! 

She’s my favorite! I felt kinda bad for her in the engagement announcement video that she had to clarify that she wasn’t pregnant, just gaining weight. :/

She's my fave too!! And i've definitely noticed her gaining weight over the past year. Where I live, it even comes up as a Google search. A lot of people on gurugossip pin it on her and Tyler's poor eating habits, and while I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case (they do eat a lot of junk food in their videos,) Safiya is also growing older, and people tend to gain varying degrees of weight as they mature. :alpacaworry: 

Edited by vanillapods
Can't spell too tired sorry everyone

Posted

I'm not a fan of most of her content (personal taste) but I think her videos are always top quality, if repetitive, and you can tell she does the research in her fashion videos. I just wonder where the fuck she gets the money to buy every lipstick in Sephora for a video?? Is it her own money or does YouTube sponsor these videos?

Posted

I'm not a fan of most of her content (personal taste) but I think her videos are always top quality, if repetitive, and you can tell she does the research in her fashion videos. I just wonder where the fuck she gets the money to buy every lipstick in Sephora for a video?? Is it her own money or does YouTube sponsor these videos?

In one of her videos, she was sponsored by a  mobile sticker? company to pay for most of the lipsticks at a physical Sephora storefront, but she covered the rest of the costs herself. Her videos likely earn her enough money to do so (millions of views per vid = decent cash flow I guess)

Posted (edited)

She takes her job seriously and you see it in her videos, so like the others have said, even if her content can get repetitive, she's fun to watch. 

Edited by sasdinhub

Posted

i love her soooo much! i lovee watching the try-on hauls and whatnot about clothing. the ones i less like are the melting makeup and all, makes me sad sksk

Posted

Her videos are pretty repetitive but she has awesome personality! I met her once at Disney Land and she was very nice. 

Posted

Safiya seems really down to earth and genuine. I don't follow her channel that closely but I haven't heard of anything bad either. 

Posted

i think the fake trans atlantic accent that she plays up is obnoxious, and while she has money and reputation etc, she has bad taste. her videos got stale and i unsubbed. it's frustrating because she does seem to be able to do decent vids. alas. boring.

Posted

She's from my area and I see her film at the mall I work at a lot but she is pretty easy to approach 

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by biribam

Posted

i think the fake trans atlantic accent that she plays up is obnoxious

I have no issues with it except when she's like "alriiight!"... mostly if only because she repeats it a bit too much, is she trying to make it a catchphrase or something?