• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Puddingkanin / Bonbonchuu / Pele Whitney / lillaflan

6159 posts in this topic

Posted

Michelle Phan etc. use their name for their fame, that's different. They publically put it out there on purpose, plus they are famous enough now that I highly doubt they are going to be looking for employment at normal jobs, their employment comes through people wanting to slap their name/face/voice on things for extra views and tbh that happens with ANY celebrity regardless of whether they are famous or infamous, if they're well known then they are going to garner attention. My main point was just that I don't think Bon actually meant to put her name out there even though she did and until we brought it up here no one paid attention to the name, and she isn't a celebrity with people chasing her face for advertisement (as much as she liked to think lol) which makes her a normal person in the real world and having her name tainted could actually affect her. She always referred to herself as Bon and I think her main intention was not to release her real name (and can we please not use the 'yeah but she had a Facebook using her real name that was publically viewable' because again, I doubt she expected anyone to find out her real name and then for people to go hunting for her on FB where, like most people, she failed to change the privacy settings).

But whatever it was just a suggestion, as I said I'm not defending her or protecting her, I am just thinking logically that people are sat here wishing she'd get a job and yet are possibly part-responsible for her being harder to employ. I myself have sat here and slandered her for the things she had done as Bonbonchuu so it's not like I'm innocent or I've had a change of heart and want to mollycoddle her but it's different not giving her a second chance on the internet than getting in the way of her real life which I thought we weren't supposed to get involved with Snowflakes personally but maybe I'm looking at it wrong?

Maybe I'm just being too soft-hearted lol, I don't like the idea of personally affecting people's real lives. As I said in a previous post, it's one thing attacking her as an online personality but it feels a bit cruel to be part-responsible for getting in the way of her real life, especially since she doesn't have fame like Michelle Phan to fall back on (no matter how hard she wants to believe that her 50k followers were real). But if you guys feel the need to keep her name then I'm not gunna argue, I'm just stating my opinion on the idea that I don't believe she intentionally meant to release her real name. Also I failed to realise that the mentions of her name in the thread (not title) will pull her up anyway so I guess my question about removing her name from the title is invalid now lol. 

I just want to point out also that some of you keep saying this about how if she goes through mental health therapy and whatnot then employers will see she has 'grown' from the person mentioned in this thread, but employers don't know what goes on in people's lives and I highly doubt she is going to take a list of all the good she has done since leaving the internet to the interview to convince them otherwise. As a recruiter myself, I do check potential employee's Facebook and such to see what sort of person I'm dealing with. I don't ask about their life, if I see something bad like employers would see this thread, I just put that as a reason to not employ someone; I don't then go fish about asking them whether or not they have left the past behind them, if they've been in prison they've been in prison and unless THEY tell me they've changed their ways and are now running 10 charities for poor children or whatever to make up for it, it's gunna be a cross in my book. I highly doubt Bon is gunna go to her interview and pour out about all the shit she has pulled online and how she has gone through this, that and whatever therapy to get over it, and employers don't pull up anything that isn't mentioned by the interviewee (especially anything they've researched prior) because that would affect the person's performance in the interview.

I'm really sorry I'm babbling lol, hopefully no one takes offence to what I'm saying. I'm not trying to protect her I'm just giving her the benefit of the doubt that she really has left the internet and is trying to get on with her life, seeing her as a normal person even though I am more than aware of her shitty actions online. 

well. It was her fault for putting her name there by "accident". It was her fault that people got hurt by her, lied to, scammed etc. Idc, if its the internet life. What happens on the internet, affects real life. She can't blame us for it. She did it herself :) 

Posted

well. It was her fault for putting her name there by "accident". It was her fault that people got hurt by her, lied to, scammed etc. Idc, if its the internet life. What happens on the internet, affects real life. She can't blame us for it. She did it herself :) 

I guess when you put it as bluntly as that you are right.

Posted (edited)

To be 100% honest, I considered removing her name from the title because I thought it was too cruel (I also thought about the fact that it'll make it difficult for her to find a job). I even brought it up to the other admins. However, it seems as though the damage has already been done. Even if I were remove her name from the title (which I'm not saying I won't do), PULL and the other sites will still show up when you google her name.

According to our rules, you are allowed to post the full name of an adult as long as they have made it public themselves, which she has. So technically, I'm coddling her too much by admitting that I've considered removing her name from the title 

Edited by johndoe

Posted

Yup, let's not forget she scammed people IRL. The user on here that got cheated out of $60, momodere (a rl acquaintance) she tried to get her followers to cyberbully. Triggering and sending her followers after the one girl who called her out on promoting sexualization of children. That was real life and she never once apologized for it.

In retrospect, deleting her insta was her last shot at self-preservation before she did anything too serious, I don't think she's seen the light at this point. Probably in a year or so if she stays away...

Posted

Yup, let's not forget she scammed people IRL. The user on here that got cheated out of $60, momodere (a rl acquaintance) she tried to get her followers to cyberbully. Triggering and sending her followers after the one girl who called her out on promoting sexualization of children. That was real life and she never once apologized for it.

In retrospect, deleting her insta was her last shot at self-preservation before she did anything too serious, I don't think she's seen the light at this point. Probably in a year or so if she stays away...

I don't think she'll stay away for that long, i mean she only had a life on ig lol

Posted

I don't think she'll stay away for that long, i mean she only had a life on ig lol

She and Ahri and every other person that deletes may very well pull a Kiki and just come back after several months with a reinvention and new style.

Posted

Actually, speaking of that, I was wondering today; isn't she bored? I mean, her entire life revolved around Instagram and getting fame, she didn't go to school or have a job and only had one friend. She only seemed to go outside and do things so she could post about it on Instagram.

What's she doing with all her wigs and shitty kawaii clothes now? It was obvious it was only for likes, but now she doesn't have an account, what does she do with them? I doubt she would dress up to take selfies and not post them anywhere (or maybe she saves them to her "i love myself" collection where she stares at them for hours on end) and is she really, seriously gonna continue that thing of wearing that stuff in public when she no longer has that persona to uphold in her head?

If she is selling her stuff, she's probably having a better time of it by NOT having a page to advertise on, seeing how everyone knows she's a scammer now.

Posted

Actually, speaking of that, I was wondering today; isn't she bored? I mean, her entire life revolved around Instagram and getting fame, she didn't go to school or have a job and only had one friend. She only seemed to go outside and do things so she could post about it on Instagram.

What's she doing with all her wigs and shitty kawaii clothes now? It was obvious it was only for likes, but now she doesn't have an account, what does she do with them? I doubt she would dress up to take selfies and not post them anywhere (or maybe she saves them to her "i love myself" collection where she stares at them for hours on end) and is she really, seriously gonna continue that thing of wearing that stuff in public when she no longer has that persona to uphold in her head?

If she is selling her stuff, she's probably having a better time of it by NOT having a page to advertise on, seeing how everyone knows she's a scammer now.

maybe she's taking selfies etc and saving them for her comeback? 

Posted

Didn't someone mention that she was active on tumblr somewhere?

Posted (edited)

Is this her?

http://bonbonchuu.tumblr.com/

I know everyone is entitled to their own preferences and that but-

Those likes tho-

Edited by Haruka

Posted

Is this her?

http://bonbonchuu.tumblr.com/

I know everyone is entitled to their own preferences and that but-

Those likes tho-

Yeah that is still her tumblr. 

Posted

I won't lie, I do hope Pele is getting some help regarding her mental problems and nurturing some true friendships, but if she comes back, I will not be sad. At all. She was the reason I joined PULL, after she blocked me and @OwlsForest for speaking in our native language in one of her posts.

Posted

Come back Pele! You have to celebrate 400 pages with us! :haiplz:

Posted

I won't lie, I do hope Pele is getting some help regarding her mental problems and nurturing some true friendships, but if she comes back, I will not be sad. At all. She was the reason I joined PULL, after she blocked me and @OwlsForest for speaking in our native language in one of her posts.

oh my gosh I'm glad I'm not the only one! Haha I joined PULL because of Bon too. I do hope she's doing good as well, and if she comes back I hope she changes. 

Posted

"Let's have a look what's going on in the Bonbonchu drama thread! Oh wait....it's all over now? Oh....I came too late..."

:alpacadone: