• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Puddingkanin / Bonbonchuu / Pele Whitney / lillaflan

6159 posts in this topic

Posted

i think shiro from ngnl, mirai from knk and nudist beach nonon are her only full cosplays, the rest are just makeup with some wigs on or a closet cosplay of her "idea of a pixel ghost from undertale". i just.. can't call that a cosplayer. it's been so long, i can say i took dance lessons 3 years ago but im not gonna call myself a dancer. she puts no effort in them so she can't really call herself a cosplayer, im glad she removed it from her bio. at least claiming to make 'closet cosplays' is better than saying she's a full on dedicated cosplayer. 

(also! this is just my personal opinion but i do think people who make their own cosplays/props are a little bit cooler than those who don't because they took the time to learn and put effort into making something they love. if you can't do it that's fine but i absolutely love when cosplayers post progress pics on their accounts and show what they're working on, it's exciting and probably super rewarding to complete it and have people compliment your craftsmanship~)

her Shiro was just a wig and a sweater though.. she hasn't done a full cosplay in over a year :/

Posted

She's public now

Posted

her Shiro was just a wig and a sweater though.. she hasn't done a full cosplay in over a year :/

Didn't she do a full cosplay of Kofuku awhile ago?

Posted

oops, sorry ! i thought she ordered her purple dress thingy that shiro wears.

i think she did indeed do Kofuku from noragami. the wig she used for that cosplay is basically the one you saw in most of her pictures, short and pink. i think that makes about 3 full cosplays, but like i said, if you did something in the past and have stopped for a while, it's not really fair to label yourself as that imo as it's not very truthful. i could play the recorder in grade 5 but im not gonna call myself a musician. 

Posted (edited)

I think Bon would look best in the style of a type of... Idk how to describe it.. Like, a sexy femme fatale with masculine aspects? Not to say Bon is sexy (bc I really don't think she is), but she seemed to pull off the male thing pretty well and I find that femme fatales often have a very masculine feel to them. Perhaps someone like Lust from Fullmetal Alchemist...? Maybe you guys won't agree with me, but I know that we can all agree that the innocent kawaii dolly thing really doesn't work for her. I don't even know anymore. I wish I could describe what i mean accurately :S

She's already planning on ruining Sailor Moon, please don't bring Fullmetal Alchemist into this :alpacadone:

Edited by Godoka

Posted

So since bon did a few (3) cosplays in the past you could tell her to stop living in the past, as she still calls herself a cosplayer today. I mean.., since she also says she is not a bully anymore, but was one some time ago but has changed.. Does that mean... She has changed from a cosplayer into not-a-cosplayer too? Or does she has some sort of system which decides what of the past she can still call herself today?

Posted

You mean more "mature" looking characters? I could see her doing well with characters from older animes, too. Or even Ghibli movies. Like, she could probably make a decent San from Mononoke. Just not this cutesy little girl shit. Like, no. It just doesn't work. 

And I get the whole "cosplay is for fun! Cosplay whoever you want to!" thing, but if you're looking for a big audience (like Bon clearly is) you need to figure out what characters your look "fits" and work it. 

Mmm not necessarily just mature characters. I just mean females with a masculine vibe, I guess. I understand that the boy thing was just a phase for her, but she really pulled it off well, so male-ish female characters is sort of a win win I guess? Idk lol.

She's already planning on ruining Sailor Moon, please don't bring Fullmetal Alchemist into this :alpacadone:

Second thought, I agree :derp:

Posted

Bon suits boy characters better because she has more.... Harsh features. Her nose and chin are certainly more masculine than feminine.

image.thumb.jpeg.63a42188c68990ecaa9cb87

Well, you heard it here first folks, she's "discontinued temporarily".

Posted

Bon suits boy characters better because she has more.... Harsh features. Her nose and chin are certainly more masculine than feminine.

image.thumb.jpeg.63a42188c68990ecaa9cb87

Well, you heard it here first folks, she's "discontinued temporarily".

what does "discontinued temporarily" even mean? why wouldnt' she write hiatus? or be back soon? or taking a break? why is she always so ambiguous?? 

Posted

"Discontinued" makes it sound as if they're not fabricating Bon's model of snowflake anymore :Alpacashocked:

Posted

I wish Bon stop to the cosplay thing and try to move to any j-style like fairy kei. I can see she like j-fashion and cute things, maybe one suit well her.

Posted

"Discontinued" makes it sound as if they're not fabricating Bon's model of snowflake anymore :Alpacashocked:

Oh my god I came back to this thread and I cackled at this post that was perfect. 👌

Posted

Thank GOD. It was quite defective. It was too narcissistic and problematic. I'll have to contact the company immediately to give me a refund. :haiplz:

Posted

"Look at me, I'm going to spread love and positivity even though I'm responsible for a lot of drama!"

Screen_Shot_2016-04-21_at_5.03.38_PM.thu

Posted

"Back together"? I never remember the cosplay community being "together" in the first place.