• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

@annhxy (instagram) @asiandevine (twitter)

43 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

ANNXHY/ASIANDEVINE

INSTA TWITTER

*warning: I'm sorry I don't know how to make hidden contents bare with me :(*

Anna Yoon, or Yoon Haeun, is a Korean-Canadian instagram model and twitter intersectional activist. 

• Around 17-19 years old?
  • very into asian and intersectional rights
  • owns an Asian-focused fashion twitter account, used to be stan account (lavishjimin) but got into beef(?dont take my word?)
  • dab collarbone meme girl
  • lavishjimin-asians-can-be-bad-too-fb-dan

DOUBLE EYELID SURGERY

• very obvious double-eyelid surgery after trip to korea (or eyelid tape but tape does not give the same effect shown here without being obvious), but has never addressed it and avoids the question in her instagram lives
  • BEFORE AND AFTER

1.thumb.jpg.bf69049970d2a79f6d9438926e8e

• Surgery is an individual choice and it is up to someone to do it our not, its not anyone else's business. But as a girl who preaches about accepting asian features and not giving into white beauty standards (her twitter bio is literally: "You are brainwashed into thinking European features are the epitome of beauty."   it comes off hypocritical. she has deleted all her photos with monolids, but if u search her name on google, these images from before still pop up...the internet is a scary place anna. 
  • As an asian girl with monolids I thought she was so refreshing and made me feel happy about my eyes but after seeing her get the lid surgery and look more and more different, it rlly disappointed me

EDITING

• all instagram girls edit, its a common fact. but the way she edits her body sometimes reminds me of photoshop gangnam beauties
  • ie: esp the first pic something just feels off...she makes her face extremely small in comparison to her body2.thumb.jpg.85d1eb607e95805cb642cd36e53b

ATTITUDE

• don't really have screenshots but the way she comes off in her answers to instagram questions and hate on twitter in the past is quite rude. pls supply more, it could just be me
  • friends with problematic people on instagram
  • got mad a korean girl for speaking in....korean
  • 4.thumb.jpg.32ccd2521a8bc8b515bdb6c9ca57
  • friends with the racist https://www.instagram.com/h.yojeong/ which is hypocritical bc shes....supposedly against racism

pls add more! :)

Edited by busan
forgot something

Posted

Why do most Asian activist that hate ' European ' (cause they had this beauty standarts before any European stepped into Asia) beauty standart (do we even have one?) ends up either posting mostly girls that fits it perfectly or getting double eyelid surgery? 

Posted

She's definitely brash bordering straight out aggressive, but double eyelids are not solely European-- many Asians have them naturally so I wouldn't say that she's "giving into" European standards-- girl just wanted bigger eyes lol. But I do think that it's shady of her to not address her own PS when she does preach so much about accepting and loving yourself: even going to the extent of deleting all of her pre PS photos!! Smh

Posted

She's definitely brash bordering straight out aggressive, but double eyelids are not solely European-- many Asians have them naturally so I wouldn't say that she's "giving into" European standards-- girl just wanted bigger eyes lol. But I do think that it's shady of her to not address her own PS when she does preach so much about accepting and loving yourself: even going to the extent of deleting all of her pre PS photos!! Smh

Yes oops sorry if i didnt make that clear! I know double eyelids are common in asians, but monolids are an asian trait that many Asians grow up (esp in America) hating and getting made fun of for having (being called *chinky*) and the reason i followed initially was bc i loved seeing someone with monolids owning it. just feels hypocritical to say embrace asian features but get rid of a feature thats only seen on asians on ur own face...but i think that also if she wants surgery there is nothing wrong with it, i just wish she could just give an explanation or something esp since her target audience is asian girls who might follow suit and think that since this "asian intersectional feminist" got double-eyelid surgery, they should too, esp since she got it so young

Posted (edited)

Her editing bothers me. It’s like she photoshopped her face onto some grown woman’s body. Something just looks off. Maybe it’s because she has a babyface because she looks really young to me. Also I saw online she exposed some other IG girl for saying the n word. 

6B51640D-9138-4212-A0D6-59C9C0B51B74.thu

These asian IG “models” or whatever can be pretty nasty I’ve realized.

Edited by holita

Posted

made this account just now bc ive lurked on this site a lot but never been part of a thread and i have a lot of info on anna...she also sings and had a 'youtube' channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCymS_YaHlFb_T0AkqIB6ckg/featured) which since then all the videos have been deleted where she made a pretty bad vlog...prob youtube is not the direction she should go in tbh bc it didnt seem serious.

Screen_Shot_2018-12-10_at_6.01.09_PM.thu

her editing here feels so wrong idk what it is...i think what we are all feeling is uncanney valley. i feel like she tries to make her body an hourglass and her legs extremely long but then edits her face in ways that it looks rlly childish and 1-dimensional which ends up creepy

Screen_Shot_2018-12-10_at_6.07.16_PM.thu

this was the most natural photo of her bc she didnt edit her face much if not at all...the other one her face looks pale and like i said, uncanny valley effect.

Posted

uh oh what coincidental timing..

Screen_Shot_2018-12-12_at_4.02.21_PM.thu

Screen_Shot_2018-12-12_at_4.04.39_PM.thuScreen_Shot_2018-12-12_at_4.04.46_PM.thuScreen_Shot_2018-12-12_at_4.04.54_PM.thuScreen_Shot_2018-12-12_at_4.01.27_PM.thuScreen_Shot_2018-12-12_at_4.01.40_PM.thuScreen_Shot_2018-12-12_at_4.03.15_PM.thu

Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 4.03.24 PM.png

Posted

If it was Ptosis, why delete all your old pictures when you had monolids? 🤔

Posted

shes so hypocritical and honestly a bully.4.thumb.jpg.32ccd2521a8bc8b515bdb6c9ca57

Posted (edited)

did a lil research and found that a blepharoplasty (double eyelid surgery) by itself doesn't get rid of ptosis. Ptosis can only be successfully/fully be treated through surgery on the eyelid muscle itself. Read a medical article that talked about treating clients with ptosis that want a blepharoplasty. Through tying a knot in the Muller muscle or whatever, the surgeon is able to both treat the ptosis and give the client the desired double lidded look (it makes it look natural as there's no huge incision scars that were used to create the double lid. There's apparently only a very small, hidden surgery scar from this treatment). In normal ptosis treatments though, there is no creation of the double lid-- the lids simply return to their original positions. 

^ This combined with how deep her creases look even when her eyes are down turned is an automatic flag that she got double eyelid surgery and NOT some ptosis treatment. She has the huge incision line that would not be there if her double lids were a result of ptosis treatment or the ptosis+blepharoplasty treatment mentioned above. I don't get while she feels the need to get defensive and lie. 

Edited by Jaken

Posted (edited)

how ptosis look like typically on asians:Ptosis-Surgery-Asian-Dr-Prasad-1.thumb.j

Image result for ptosis asian

its very natural and is simply correcting of the lids. people get them when they have triple lids, or there eyes r heavily uneven. the crease after is soft, not harsh like anna's.

On the other hand Anna's is a clear harsh crease, just like double eyelid surgery.hm.thumb.jpg.27f128eab9d2f0875f2ecbca7e3

ex. of double eyelid surgery

48-double-eyelid-surgery-before-after.th

it looks the same.

Edited by busan
picture didnt post

Posted

bc they lowkey still have inferiority complexes about their natural features.

Posted

OT but what did h.yojeong do? she doesn't have her own thread here and i've never heard anything bad about her

Posted

oof another Instagrammer that I have to unfollow. Does anyone know if she has done anything else that's shady?

Posted (edited)

Here twitter account is deactivated as of today.

but some of her tweets still appear on web.archive.

Also thought this belonged here too.

as someone previously from her school I can confirm the eyelid surgery was entirely cosmetic and not medical. It was her favorite conversation topic after she had it and she explicitly said that it was cosmetic and to make her look better for her instagram. Plus: If was really was "medical" like she claims, she would do it in canada, where she has free healthcare, not in Korea.

I can also confirm that "Yoon Haeun" is a made-up name she uses to sound more korean.anna1.thumb.jpg.666d279ef321662adfb8f96f

anna2.thumb.jpg.13c305379b07198a78f87a36

This one's ironic because she got eyelid surgery.

another ironic point is that she keeps getting mad at people who "fetishise" asians yet gets surgery for those eyelids.

Also, on this website here, this post just bleeds irony.anna5.thumb.PNG.45b68b041f633da4707455aa

anna3.thumb.jpg.fee6ff653f2b0012bc5b5656

For someone who hates europeanism so much this is a funny choice for a facebook cover photo.

Edited by yoonicorn