• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Anyone ordered from Yesstyle or other Asian sites?

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I want to know if any members have had any product recommendations for skincare, makeup  (or fashion) products from sites like Yesstyle or other Asian websites. 

Things I like to look out for are sales and free international shipping 

Edited by missconspiracy101

Posted

I never ordered from YesStyle because you can find almost 90% of what exists in the site in Aliexpress (And the price is usually better).

Posted

I ordered a cute dress from there, the time it takes to get to your house is long but the clothes are cute for the price.  Also look at the reviews. That's how I sift to see if the clothing is flimsy or not.

Posted

I’ve ordered from Yes Style several times, but usually only during their sales/free shipping periods.  I usually receive my order within a week here to Australia, but then again I never order anything that isn’t “in stock - ships within 24 hours”.  TBH I find their regular pricing to be quite jacked up.

My favourite online shop (for Korean goodies) is Jolse.com.  The store is constantly updated with new items, pricing isn’t too bad, and they offer free shipping promotions.  You also earn “dollars” that you can apply to future orders.  I try to do one order seasonally and just stock up.

Oh and their free sample game is off the hook :alpacacrush:

Posted

I never ordered from YesStyle because you can find almost 90% of what exists in the site in Aliexpress (And the price is usually better).

I actually just found out about aliexpress.. I used to think it was a scam site turns out it's pretty good 

I’ve ordered from Yes Style several times, but usually only during their sales/free shipping periods.  I usually receive my order within a week here to Australia, but then again I never order anything that isn’t “in stock - ships within 24 hours”.  TBH I find their regular pricing to be quite jacked up.

My favourite online shop (for Korean goodies) is Jolse.com.  The store is constantly updated with new items, pricing isn’t too bad, and they offer free shipping promotions.  You also earn “dollars” that you can apply to future orders.  I try to do one order seasonally and just stock up.

Oh and their free sample game is off the hook :alpacacrush:

Thanks for the the site! 

I only order/ shop on Yesstyle if there is a sale going on I like the fact you get a free gift/ face mask for every purchase but some are hit n miss. 

My order did take long but that was cuz they needed some in stock to ship all of it out. 

Posted

YesStyle is good, takes a while to arrive (a month or so) but curtomers never stopped it, so im happy lol

Posted (edited)

I've used MANY over the years. I might be a shopaholic but you have to keep in mind, I've been shopping for K-beauty online since 2013. I started off with eBay because I didn't really know any better. I'm the kind of shopper who prefers shopping a little bit when I want something here and there, and I don't care about samples and free products. It's a nice treat but I find myself accumulating sachet samples and free face masks because I don't use them... and free products are often close to expiry date and totally not my colour.

YesStyle: If you want a one-stop shop, why not? I've only used them twice though. I think you can find better if you shop around.

Jolse: My preferred website if I'm just after one or two things. Good range of brands. Products are priced a little more expensive but you don't have to pay for shipping if you keep to their economy shipping. :alpacacrush:

RoseRoseShop: Shipping is calculated accordingly. Prices of product run cheaper but that's because it doesn't take shipping into account. If you're doing a bigger order, it might be worthwhile.

SweetCorea: Lesser known, might think it's dodgy as hell because they can't spell Korea correctly but I've shopped from them multiple times and it's fine. Similar in that you'll get better savings if you're one to shop in bulk/larger order. Competitive prices but shipping also will drive it up. 

BBCosmetic: It's a bit like Jolse, but not as broad of a range. Can have better/more competitive prices than Jolse. That's why you shop around.

Cosmetic-Love: Not my favourite but I go here when I'm after a certain product I can't access from the other websites, like a LE product or a sold-out product elsewhere. More expensive imho.

StyleKorean: Kbloggers have endorsed them, and they're pricey. Sometimes they'll have the rare deal that'll trigger the purchase, otherwise they have their curated K-beauty boxes with deluxe sample sizes to try. I rarely ever shop from them, just like YesStyle.

Wishtrend: I like they have their own line, and for a while, Klairs could only be obtained through them. Depending on what you're after in particular, it can be overpriced. Customer service could be better. I can't speak for the others in customer service because I haven't had an issue, but it was just unlucky and it was lack of communication in updates getting a new shipment of product for replacement that makes me not want to shop with them again (like... I placed an order in November and I didn't get the one product until Feb the next year, and I wasn't informed when the replacement was shipped.)

Edited by Tsubaki

Posted

I live in Canada and have ordered twice

I bought a really cute dress from there that I wear often in the summer and a tank top that turned out to be a crop top.. I was disappointed about that. I then bought a few skin care products as they were cheaper there than sites like Amazon and was very much satisfied. Both orders came within 1-2 months. Yesstyle is okay, but you can find a lot of clothes from Yesstyle on Aliexpress as mentioned already by dikov, and many Aliexpress products have an expedited shipping option called epacket that is cheap and can deliver your items within 2 weeks-1 month for maybe $1-3 extra or even less. Just make sure you look at picture reviews of whatever you buy and also with personal information about height and weight so you can know if something will fit you (the size measurements provided by the seller aren't always correct). I'm 152cm/90lbs so generally, any clothes that are a size small will fit me

Alternatively, you can try to navigate your way around Taobao (it is a Chinese-only website and fairly hard to navigate at first, but you get the hang of it eventually) and get clothes that are very good quality for even cheaper than Aliexpress and also with accurate measurements. But it is a lot of work: you can either get an agent to ship it to you, or use Taobao Direct (easier and cheaper) which is only available in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, and Malaysia at the moment. In addition, if you're Canadian, your only option for shipping is the very expensive DHL but apparently, shipping costs aren't too bad for Americans. All the clothes I've gotten from Taobao were honestly very much worth the money though

Posted

yesstyle is pretty decent but some items are way overpriced, especially korean style clothing