• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

105 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

born in 1992 and raised in the bronx, new york, belcalis marlenis almánzar better known as cardi b, is an american "rapper", "singer", "songwriter", and television personality gained fame as a cast member of the reality series love & hip hop: new york. she released her No. 1 single "Bodak Yellow", and she followed with her debut album in april 5, 2018 "Invasion of Privacy". she secretly got married to migos group member offset in september 2017.

instagram: https://www.instagram.com/iamcardib/

official website: Cardibofficial.com

twitter: https://twitter.com/iamcardib

problematic behavior

homophobic drama

offset came under fire on january 28, 2018 for a homophobic lyric in which he says “I do not vibe with queers.” instead of trying to simmer down the situation, cardi added more fuel to the fire when she excused offset for his actions. she not only justifies offset’s lyric, but also pins the blame on lgbt+ members. stating the following:

“Now, that’s a word that you guys say that it’s a bad word for gays – I never even heard that word in the first place – why don’t y’all educate people about it?… Why don’t we do things to educate instead of bashing and trying to label something that they not?”

adding more fuel to the fire, cardi has admittedly used transphobic slurs in the past while also perpetuating rape culture.

https://twitter.com/lmCardiB/status/895559330925248512

“I’ma take him out, we gon get drunk… When he wake up he gonna be like ‘what the fuck?,’ because the bitch was a tr*nny. I’ma be like yup! Yup, we had a threesome with a tr*nny! Yup! Yup a tr*nny sucked your dick!”

when cardi posted the video defending offset, she also replied to the transphobia accusations earlier in january 2018 with

“When I said the word tr*nny, I did not know that that was a bad word. Cus’ trans people use it, and let’s not front like they don’t.”

racism drama

in another controversy, the focus shifted to racism within the black community, more towards other minority groups and darker-toned women. “Roach” is a derogatory term used to describe dark-skinned females as lesser than their lighter-toned counterparts. cardi b has a relatively light skin tone, so these next tweets are up for interpretation.

untitled.thumb.png.fa3bf7645d11cbdfd7742

untitled.thumb.png.1c0a29baaa4a694eed0a0

untitled.thumb.png.ab2bac2f88e37d72c3971

when cardi was called out by a twitter user, she had this to say:

untitled.thumb.png.c848147f54704cfa32025
cardi also came under fire after calling kim jong un, “won tung soup.” a fan commented on her attack against kju and the following proceeded:

untitled.thumb.png.6b63c22fe76ab334619f21_untitled.thumb.png.69602e1aaf2123066b6untitled.thumb.png.b3cfc48bbed8b23d58552

mua blacswan drama

on january 10, 2018 a makeup artist who goes by the name mua blacswan uploaded a 36-minute long video on youtube titled “Storytime: My worst client EVER (cardi b) ...sorry not click bait” where she opened up about her experience working with cardi b. she claimed that cardi mistreated her and refused to pay her for her work.

she says she got a “bad first impression” from cardi the first time they worked together in september 2017, when blacswan was hired to do cardi’s makeup for an appearance in houston. four months later, in december 2017, cardi’s back in texas and blacswan said she was told that the rapper requested her specifically. when she arrived, blacswan said she was told she’d have to wait an hour for cardi to get off the phone. in that time, she said a manager warned her that cardi’s “just not in a good mood.”

when cardi finally went off her phone, mua blacswan says she didn’t acknowledge her or the hair stylist and complained the whole time. in one instance, cardi was allegedly impatient for the white setting powder to set and screamed, “Bitch, I’m not dead yet. I’m not caucasian.” It proceeded to get more unruly, blacswan claims, and when cardi’s makeup was only half-done, she yelled for her to “Get the fuck outta here.” the makeup artist said she left and that she wasn’t compensated for her time.

the video, ten months after posting, has gone viral and now approaches five million views

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSE45sBOOSI&t=1047s

this got back to cardi b, who was asked to address the video during an instagram live. she said:

“You don’t know how to do your job. Somebody contacts you and you come mad late. You come mad high, high as fuck. In the middle of the process I tell you, ‘I don’t like how my makeup is looking.’ ‘I’m not finished yet.’ ‘Aight, whatever, you’re the makeup artist. You’re acting like you know what you’re doing.’ Then when I don’t like it I wipe my face off and I tell you to get the fuck out. Leave. How are you crying over something that happened two years ago? They’re clout chasing.”

cardi then gestured off screen, presumably to a makeup artist, and asked, “As a makeup artist, does anyone ever tell you they don’t like your makeup?” a voice responded, “All the time.”

she than continued: “It’s unprofessional to go online and talk shit. You know what that do? That makes people not want to hire you.”

https://youtu.be/zcIeZeJaWLk

mua blacswan then responded on Instagram live and denied that she showed up high or that she was late. she included a series of text screenshots from the date in question which she says show that she actually showed up early, and that she thinks cardi has her “confused... with a different situation.”

https://youtu.be/o1vU8db-0Mk

history of nicki minaj and cardi b's relationship

in march 2017, nicki minaj allegedly liked a comment dissing cardi's bars on a video of her rapping after cardi dropped a 1-minute “freestyle” on instagram, a fan captured a screenshot which appeared to show nicki liking a comment that read "dumb a** bars". many users pointed out that this was probably fake.  however, nicki was spotted dancing to 'Bodak Yellow' a few weeks later the 'no frauds' rapper could be seen nodding her head in appreciation to cardi's summer smash in a miami nightclub.

nicki fired a shot at a female rapper in 'No Flag', which features cardi's boyfriend offset.

“I heard these labels are trying to make another me / Everything you’re getting little hoe is because of me,” minaj spits on the track. many believed this to be a cardi diss...

nicki minaj later tweeted to clarify that the lyric in 'No Flag' was not about cardi. the rapper claimed to have written that specific line in previous months

cardi called out an unnamed woman during a performance in august 2017.

“You know this b***h she never f**king liked me, and all of a sudden she want to be friends with me — no, b**ch,” cardi declared on the MoMA PS1 stage. “I still don’t like you b***h.”

cardi b addressed the rumoured beef during an interview at the 2017 mtv VMAs.

“I don’t want problems with anybody. I just want to make music and make money,” said cardi. “I don’t have time to look at other women and what they’re doing. I don’t have to do that whole industry beef, you know? I get it poppin’ with these hands.”

cardi b fired an alleged shot during her verse on g eazy's 'No Limit'.

“Can you stop with all the subs? B***h I ain’t Jared,” the rapper spits in the lyric, which many believed was aimed at nicki

a few weeks later, cardi denied dissing nicki and confirmed that the pair have no beef. during her interview on the breakfast club, the 'Bodak Yellow' rapper said that the two female rappers had "conversated". she clarified:

“This is the thing—you know, people don’t understand, though, that I got like beef with 10 b*****s still in the hood, and I still be in the hood."

fans of nicki and taylor swift tried to keep cardi's 'Bodak Yellow' off the number one spot. the fandoms began excessively streaming swift's 'Look What You Made Me Do' in a bid to keep cardi's track away. taylor's fans wanted their idol at number one, whilst nicki's fans allegedly felt threatened by the media's perception of cardi as "the next nicki minaj". after 'Bodak Yellow' hit the number one spot, nicki took no time in congratulating cardi.

"This is the only thing that matters!!! Enjoy it" nicki wrote.

cardi responded to the rapstress's tweet, thanking her and telling her "This means sooo much coming from you!"

both nicki and cardi featured on migos song 'Motorsport', which was released in october 2017. the track was the first single released from migos' forthcoming album 'Culture II', and marks nicki and Ccardi's first collaboration together. the pair both appeared in the official music video, albeit in separate scenes.

cardi cleared up rumours that the pair were actually throwing shots at each other in 'Motorsport'. during her interview with capital xtra, cardi revealed that the pair has spoken briefly, adding that nicki's verse on the final cut was actually different to the original one cardi had heard. she clarified that when migos' member quavo approached her to jump on the song, she was ready to seize the opportunity with the stars.

cardi addressed the beef hours before the release of her debut album 'Invasion Of Privacy'.

"I just feel like it's really internet made-up," she said during an interview. “I don't really have the time for that. If you not f*cking my man, or if you're not taking my money from me, if you're not stopping my money, then I don't really give a f*ck about you." she added "I spoke to her before, in person. So I always say I don’t want anybody sneak-dissing me. If its something that we can talk it out, then we can talk it out, because it’s not always rah rah this or rah rah that.”

so what are cardi b’s social media accounts? well guys, she doesn’t have a Snapchat account that we know of we’re afraid. or at least we’ve never got wind of a cardi b snapchat name or username. however, a cardi b twitter, cardi b instagram and a cardi b facebook page do exist under the name (@iamcardib).

nicki and cardi bumped into each other at the 2018 met gala. the pair were spotted chatting up a storm during the star-studded event, sharing what appeared to be a friendly exchange. It's said that the pair week brought together by designer jeremy scott, who is a close friend of nicki's and also designed cardi's gown for the evening.

nicki minaj tells cardi b to stop being so sensitive to criticism.
nicki minaj gave cardi b some back-handed advice while on her own platform queen radio. she said:

“To me, she may have taken an issue with things that I’ve said, but I’m not going to bite my tongue. You gotta have thick skin. People talk sh*t about me all the time. You can’t be expect to be liked and loved and praised all the f*ckin’ time. Give me a break.”

cardi b attempts to fight nicki minaj at new york fashion week 2018.
cardi b reportedly got into a physical altercation with nicki minaj at haarper's bizarre's party at new york fashion week. According to tmz, cardi approached nicki’s table aiming to resolve their issues amicably. however after being elbowed in the face, cardi then attempted to fight and also threw her shoe into the melee.

cardi b unleashes a furious Instagram rant after an episode of nicki's 'Queen Radio'. following their fight in new york, cardi and nicki came to blows once again after an episode of nicki's 'Queen Radio' aired. in a series of explosive instagram videos, cardi accused nicki of lying about everything from endorsement deals and musical collaborations to false claims of cardi using payola. nicki responded on twitter before the pair called a temporary truce online.

cardi b addressed rumours that nicki minaj dissed her on the song. despite nicki never addressing her directly, she said:

"Nah, I never f*cked a deejay on God. I dealt with scammers. Drug dealers. I’ve dealt with some bum a** n*ggas but I never f*cked me a deejay. I know what y’all gonna ask me and I addressed this a whole lot of times, ‘Didn’t you f*ck Self?’ No, I never f*cked Self. I never been in a relationship with Self. I never flirted with Self.

source: https://www.capitalxtra.com/artists/nicki-minaj/lists/cardi-b-complete-relationship-history/

source: http://culture.affinitymagazine.us/opinion-cardi-b-is-problematic/

Edited by leonheart
spoiler

Posted (edited)

I was never a big fan of Cardi but the only song that I really liked was obviously her hit single Bodak Yellow. Everything else? Meh. Also, do you think you could include the whole Nicki feud in the summary? Nowadays Cardi is being hella extra with her on-going beef.

Edited by Sir Valence
typo

Posted

I really hope a more famous or relevant person calls out Cardi B for her bullshit. She is one of the most brattiest people out there right now. She behaved like a a screaming child at a formal event and even throw her shoe at Nicki Minaj for something so small. The way she talks on her social media stories are so obnoxious and annoying, literally always talking down on someone. I don’t understand how she has so many “Cardi B for life” supporters. She doesn’t say relateable things, she just goes on about obvious issues that people go through. 

Posted

forgive me if this is false bc i'm not sure of the direct source of this info, but didn't she get mad at some lady the offset cheated with and straight up send a bunch of dudes to rough her up (again if this ended up being fake soz)

Posted (edited)

What is everyone's thoughts on the latest news of her and Offset not being together anymore? Apparently the guy sent out a tweet to the world, really screaming that he misses her.

Edited by Sir Valence

Posted

What is everyone's thoughts on the latest news of her and Offset not being together anymore? Apparently the guy sent out a tweet to the world, really screaming that he misses her.

They gonna get back together because Cardi like drama and they got a kid together. Offset saying he miss her on twitter just gave Cardi a reason for her to start the drama.

Posted (edited)

Yeah i saw. Still its a 50/50 chance she gonna take him back

also i saw alot of people on twitter (soundcloud rappers and possible fans of Offset?) trying to guilt trip Her into taking him back.Totally  ignoring the fact He cheated by bring up the fact she a ex-stripper and like Offset the best she can do.

Edited by Fairyduster

Posted

also i saw alot of people on twitter (soundcloud rappers and possible fans of Offset?) trying to guilt trip Her into taking him back.Totally  ignoring the fact He cheated by bring up the fact she a ex-stripper and like Offset the best she can do.

that’s just ridiculous...  tbh I’ve never heard of Offset before Cardi B became famous and I found out they were together. Granted i don’t really follow the rap industry closely, but she’s capable of a lot of things on her own too.

Posted

They gonna get back together because Cardi like drama and they got a kid together. Offset saying he miss her on twitter just gave Cardi a reason for her to start the drama.

i agree a 100% 

Posted

Fool her once, shame on him, fool her twice, shame on her. 

Posted

They've broke up before. This is their second time breaking up.

Posted

I personally feel like offset only wants to get back with her because she’s the “it girl.” Trying to merch of her game until she dies out. Just think, she barely has been making music and she’s already nominated for 5 Grammys.