• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Brad Mondo

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Brad Mondo

YT

IG

Twitter

Image result for brad mondo

Brad is a hairstylist from NYC who got his popularity from his over-the-top reacts to videos of people attempting to bleach their hair at home but he offers tips on how to do it from home too. Other videos he makes are hair transformation videos on other people.

The only qualm about him is that he would talk about what you shouldn't but shouldn't do but he ruined Snitchery's hair and personally I wasn't a fan of what he did to Safiya Nygaard's hair in her perfect transformation video especially how it looked in her Japanese spa video.

Edited by spicypoop

Posted

I keep seeing him on my recommenced page. I was trying to ignore him for the longest.

Posted

Subbed to him but only watch his reaction videos nowadays. Tbh he's a really nice guy. Sometimes too nice? I like it when he lets loose and acts a bit "shady" like in his Sugar bear video. Tbh I like what he did with Safiya's hair! Would I can it the perfect look? No, not really, but I thought it was pretty fresh and cute on her

He's so annoying when he plugs his merch though. It's not the act of doing it, it's just that he takes 2-3 minutes in the beginning of the video to do it and it's like bro my man why

Posted

I know platinum hair is kind of his 'brand look' or whatever but I'm seriously worried by how much he bleaches his hair... I feel like if he keeps it up it'll fall out soon

Posted

I think he's a little annoying- he's the type of person that can be really overbearing to some types of personalities. I don't like how he has a clear bias towards emotional guys and ridicules women (ANTM reactions), and how he seems quick to criticize others when he himself fried Snitchery's hair. 

Posted

Although with the Snitchery thing, she said her hair was already damaged and she planned to bleach it before shaving it off. She said the conversation she and Brad had about wasn't captured on camera

Posted

The issue with the thing with Snitchery was not him damaging her hair but his actual skills as a hair stylist. It looked really bad.

Posted

The issue with the thing with Snitchery was not him damaging her hair but his actual skills as a hair stylist. It looked really bad.

Could also be due to lack of experiance working with people of colour. 

Posted

He's made a video testing professional color and box dye, however a lot of people in the comments are saying that he switched the mannequin heads for the results. Screenshot_20190209-115637_YouTube.thumbNotice how the box dye side's scalp is red, and how the professional side looks purplish20190209_115722.thumb.jpg.1aba3b7c78d5f3Screenshot_20190209-115739_YouTube.thumbScreenshot_20190209-115802_YouTube.thumb

Posted

1. That hair is atrocious but each to their own

2. I rly liked him a few months back when he started getting big, but then he kept plugging his ig like “get me to 1 million followers” and it was off putting cause it became obvious to me he just wanted to be an “influencer”.  I stopped watching when he did a video on cultural appropriation and it was about dreads and braids. I didn’t even watch cause I had a feeling about what he was gonna say lol.

Posted

He's made a video testing professional color and box dye, however a lot of people in the comments are saying that he switched the mannequin heads for the results. Screenshot_20190209-115637_YouTube.thumbNotice how the box dye side's scalp is red, and how the professional side looks purplish20190209_115722.thumb.jpg.1aba3b7c78d5f3Screenshot_20190209-115739_YouTube.thumbScreenshot_20190209-115802_YouTube.thumb

Wait I'm confused. Why do people think the heads were swapped?

Posted

Wait I'm confused. Why do people think the heads were swapped?

There was a stain on the box dye’s mannequin and that stain appeared on the same spot on the supposed pro dye head after he washed the colors out.

12256872-4960-4805-AA4E-E980E6AF298A.jpeg

989D1B85-7F02-4528-A373-9B3C3D214F86.jpeg

Posted

he became extremely cringey to watch once one or two of his vids went viral.

Posted

i subbed to him back when he had under less than 100k, then he started making "hair tips" type of videos and it shows that he don't know jack shit what he's talking about most of the time but get away with it cause he's "professional".

i think i unsub when he made the how to grow hair faster/longer video i don't remember the exact title or if it's even still up on his channel, but basically it's just him pushing veganism down his viewers throat. i honestly don't care if he wants to promote a healthier lifestyle, but doing it by clickbaiting is so fucking scummy to me. people expects an actual advice from "professional" but they end up being told to eat your vegetables?? like??? i get more helpful advice from my mum who trims hair with craft scissor?? ?

Posted

Damn. I'm surprised not a lot of people are talking about his really shitty and problematic behavior so I'm gonna start with what I know. Please note I'm new to PULL so I'm not that well-versed with how everything works :alpacaworry2:

1. His content is redundant and has no substance. His reaction videos are the pinnacle of why I hate most reaction videos. I'm fine with some reaction vids if they are related to the YouTuber and if they have interesting and funny commentary but Brad is... horrendous. He's over the top and dramatic. There's only so many times you can play the "sassy, quirky and ExtRaA" gay card while constantly spitting out overused gay lingo like Yass, I see you girl, werk it, oh nooo etc.

2. He's so full of himself. He acts like he's the shit just because he's a licensed hairdresser when in fact the most he's done is pastels and platinum blonde on white hair. Not to mention the whole Safiya and Snitchery fiasco. He's aggressively against box dyes for some reason and puts stylist's works on pedestals. I remember watching a react vid of him about a Harajuku girl known for her crazy hairstyle and colors. She was shown having a vibrant hairstyle with leopard spots and it looked absolutely cool. Then Mr. Mondo comes around saying "I can do that too" or something. Bitch please. Your entire portfolio is average and you think you can attempt to do that? Don't make me laugh.

3.I really find it a little annoying that he thinks brown or black hair is the worst, and everyone needs to have blond or platinum blonde hair, and that platinum blonde even suits everyone. I'm not even a bloody stylist and even I know it’s not for everyone. He pulled the last straw on me with his last video where he was essentially insinuating that curly or natural hair isn’t pretty, and straightening it is essential and the only way to make it beautiful. Apparently only "ExTrA" colors are the only way to express yourself with your hair. How ignorant honestly.

4. His fucked up view of recommending hair colors and basically saying dark skinned women should only dye their hair brassy yellow and fire engine red but light, cool toned skin can wear basically any color rubbed me so damn wrong. Just an extremely narrow view of beauty. He was acting like all black people have warm undertones, plus even if you do have warm/yellow undertones, you can still look incredible in any hair color as long as it's altered to suit your complexion.

5. This one is more personal on my part. He has a video up of him reacting to Simply Nailogical's long hair. I love Christine because she reminds me of a cartoon that a child and an adult can watch. She has humor that my niece can follow with and she slips a few adult jokes as well. So for him to come after Cristine with his notorious hateboner for hair that isn't short, straight, and blonde pissed me off more than it should. It was so offensive! She even TALKED about how she prefers it long and undyed now, but he didn't care and actually told his followers to "harrass her on twitter" (which she already gets enough of) into changing it! Her hair is beautiful and so long and so well cared for, but all he sees is "boring brown, should be blonde".

4. He's so biased to men with failed haircuts. As someone who is an overtly feminine homosexual I expected him to sympathise with the ANTM girls who were crying over their hair because not only is hair basically part of their work, girls are more inclined to care and cherish their hair. Instead he brushes it off and says "it's just hair it'll grow back". But if a guy messes his hair up he totally understands and would also be upset.

Goddamn that was long. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.