• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

General "Non-Blacks Pretending to be Black or mixed Black"/Blackfishing Thread

301 posts in this topic

Posted

https://www.thedailybeast.com/white-instagram-influencers-latest-bid-for-clout-pretending-to-be-black

This article on the topic appeared in my Google News feed. Though it mentions people who were already mentioned in this thread with the exception of WoahVicky and someone who goes by 9mimmi. According to the article, there was an account on some kind of social media platform (article didn't say but I'm assuming it was either an Instagram account or Twitter) that called these people out but it got suspended. 

Also what do you guys think about this girl who goes by Dirtyyhippiee_ on IG? She appeared on that Twitter Mega Thread to call out blackfishers and a few people posted her. Had to screenshot these from Twitter.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

In that picture after the whole "Black transformation" (next to the other woman who looks really not happy to be there) that Hippy-something girl is a skinnier version of Aya Nakamura (French-Malian singer). That's scary af.

giphy.gif

Posted

Tbh to me this just looks like shes painted to be silver lmao but thats how i see the photo. 

same, i never got the deal with this photo, she looks purple + that silver highlighter lol

out of all the things she's done i think this one is really the least problematic??

Posted (edited)

idk how anyone can buy this as "natural tan" like...i tan easily af, despite being pale from avoiding sun...and i can go like, 4-5 shades darker but first of all, it's a completely different undertone from this...and not nearly as dark lmao. this screams fake from 5 miles away. tragic. 

i mean,idk who she thinks she's fooling lmao.

People do. 

People really are defending her by trying to play it off like she just wants to look Southern European or Latina. It's like no one can comprehend that a white girl might actually want to look like a black or mixed black person, even when it's painfully obvious. 

I mean... 

Real thing. 

main_high_res-1400x933.jpg?w=1200&h=1&fi

Copy

e592c04db328a9685fdbe7531c368a86.jpg

Also, her face is like 4-5 shades lighter than her body, which is a dead giveaway, but people are still trying to play it off like she can just naturally tan like this. 

Edited by ZapGold

Posted

Emma said some bullshit about her face being paler than her body because she uses a lot of facial scrubs and toners or something stupid like that. Because she wanted to get rid of her acne scars or whatever. But unless she literally bleached her skin to get rid of her acne scars I find the probability of pretty normal skin products leaving her face that much paler than her "naturally tanned" body pretty fucking low.

Posted

oh i just remembered that nikita dragun was accused of blackface like how kylie and kim were.pogp9atc84ie.pngpersonally i think this is, in fact, blackface. she even uses the tanning excuse.... i know she’s a woc but cmon thats not how it works

I think Nikita honestly deserves her own thread. 

Posted

oh i just remembered that nikita dragun was accused of blackface like how kylie and kim were.pogp9atc84ie.pngpersonally i think this is, in fact, blackface. she even uses the tanning excuse.... i know she’s a woc but cmon thats not how it works

If I remember correctly, the promo pic was taken by the same guy that PS Kylie to look darker in that photo, I can't find it now but there was a short BTS photoshoot video for it on Instagram and Nikita did not look that dark, she looks similar to the right side and more golden, so might be just Jeffree's request?

His Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/marcelocantuphoto/

I don't think he's racist but more on the ignorant side, and the kind that goes for the artsy styles, because he worked with models in many different races and skin tone too

Posted

Emma said some bullshit about her face being paler than her body because she uses a lot of facial scrubs and toners or something stupid like that. Because she wanted to get rid of her acne scars or whatever. But unless she literally bleached her skin to get rid of her acne scars I find the probability of pretty normal skin products leaving her face that much paler than her "naturally tanned" body pretty fucking low.

that's such bs lol、I live in a non-sunny EU country where girls do this ridiculous fake tan too、they don't tan their faces so dark or let them naturally tan like their bodies bc of the aging quality of the sun. So you see a load of girls having to match their body with makeup and then this weird paler face on top with darker foundation over it、just like Emma.

I'd say she's just fake tan + tan her body but won't tan her face bc wrinkles just like these girls. 

Posted (edited)

I think Nikita honestly deserves her own thread. 

She already has one

Edited by Countess Iris

Posted

Not really a fan of Ariana, also disliking her behavior, I know that the fake tan is crap, but she actually does have enough melanin to be "darker" since she is south European. Plus mass media likes to "light up" any kind of photo of celebrities (not sure why they even do that, but here are some canditds from the past of her real skin tone). Would be fine, if she would just stick to that, spray tans are harmful chemicals  anyway. 

Hidden Content

I’m not an Ariana fan but I used to think she was so cute back in her younger days when she was pale and had the red hair.

She looks terrible with the tan she has now.

Posted

Ariana looks like a complete other person now compared to how she used to look like in nickeloden

Posted

Saw her being discussed in the Korean Beauty Youtubers thread so I figured I would bring up Jella/젤라 here, too. She's a Korean beauty youtuber and she's an outspoken advocate against colorism in Korea. Her skin is naturally tan but she darkens herself a lot in her makeup tutorials. What do you guys think? Personally, I fail to see how she's any better than the European girls mentioned here before. I used to think her heart was in the right place, but at this point she's clearly just imitating the Black/Latina girls she sees on Instagram. That's just my opinion, though.

Posted

What about the  "B-style girls" from Japan?