• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

General "Non-Blacks Pretending to be Black or mixed Black"/Blackfishing Thread

266 posts in this topic

Posted

The Kim one was photoshopped and they took it down no? Also I already said Kardashians and Kylie is a Jenner, she is not mixed. 

They did take the photo down. 

I don't understand what Kylie not being mixed has to do with this? The point is that they're copying trends from black women to profit. 

Posted (edited)

Let me tell you why. 

Europe is not America, people don't look at people as 'white' 'black' blah blah, humans are just humans, Citizens of Europe coexist together and respect eachother. Some choose to curl their hair, some straighten them. Some tan, some take measures to stay as pale as possible. No one owns a hairstyle or a 'level of tan'. You can't steal it from anyone. Blackface is offensive because its dressing as a caricature of a black person to mock them. Are these random swedish girls mocking anyone? They simply look like they tan a lot. Can you hold them accuntable for what some douchebags from another continent, completely unrelated to her did a hundred years ago? No, that would be unfair. 

In Europe racism is not prevalent, you can't go around and tell people they owned slaves etc because they didn't, nor did their ancestors. I would even go as far to say these chicks are not hurting anyone. If anything, I would even find it flattering if anyone saw my appearence as their goal. 

you... do realize europe INVENTED the concept of race and racism, right?

anyways, imo anyone who does this shit is racist and blackfacing. same with weeaboos and koreaboos who racefake, except in their case it's yellowfacing.

they say that often white youth try to distance themselves from whiteness and move to Cool/Edgy/Exotic cultures of color to Rebel or something (i forgot the exact wording of where i read this from)

Edited by evilgf

Posted

Came across these pics of Emma (I think they are her lmao I never heard of her til she was exposed tbh and I haven’t seen these pics circulating since her being exposed) and it might just be my eyes playing tricks on me along with my opinion of her but it kinda looks like she’s broadening her nose on purpose through photoshop maybe. First pic seems old then compare it to the second one in which it looks like her current blackfishing phase and a screenshot from one of her videos during this current phase. The nostrils seem wider to me.

regardless, fuck this ignorant girl lmao a real Black Scandinavian natural beauty is Isabella Peschardt (half Black half Danish)

787C3826-2C52-4867-A06A-17E1A7120B55.jpeg

A552BA0A-99C1-48AB-AA4C-D58D17441B2A.jpeg

EF808E56-F043-467E-A6B0-7E220CDDB9BC.jpeg

Posted (edited)

On Ariana, if you think souther Europeans tan that much without fake tan you are mistaken, I'm from Spain, from some islands actually, most people just dont get that tanned naturally (I have family that have black blood on them and not even they get that dark?) this is a Spanish actress, she is tanned in this pic, you can compare the difference in shades (this interview was in summer so yes, she is tanned, if you want to look her up for more pics she is Blanca Suarez) : 

1534762290_896823_1534765467_noticia_nor

agreed. my mom's family is sicilian/southern european (italian, just like ariana) and my dad's family is spanish/irish. my mom is tan and gets darker in the summer but nowhere near ariana's tone. my dad is very pale outside of summer months but he does get very tan in the summer, once again tho nowhere near ariana's level.

ariana just takes it too far with the fake tan layers lol it's impossible for her to get that dark naturally.

Edited by sumi

Posted

Came across these pics of Emma (I think they are her lmao I never heard of her til she was exposed tbh and I haven’t seen these pics circulating since her being exposed) and it might just be my eyes playing tricks on me along with my opinion of her but it kinda looks like she’s broadening her nose on purpose through photoshop maybe. First pic seems old then compare it to the second one in which it looks like her current blackfishing phase and a screenshot from one of her videos during this current phase. The nostrils seem wider to me.

regardless, fuck this ignorant girl lmao a real Black Scandinavian natural beauty is Isabella Peschardt (half Black half Danish)

Urghhhhh I can't stand her brown lipliner, it's so unnatural and cringy. Also I have seen so many girls like her in Scandinavia. Maybe not as out-right blackface, but definitely influenced by Kim K, getting butt injections and lip fillers and fake tan. They use a buckload of foundation and have muddy contour/bronzer, they look dirty af like they don't shower.

Posted

Her nose honestly looks different in every photo. 

In general, it looks like she's broadening it and blurring the bridge depending on the look she's going for. It even looks like she did something to her eyelids in the last photo too. 

The more I learn about this woman, the more the things she does piss me off. 

Posted

How about that girl graciii3? 

Instagram @graciii3 idk if she’s tryna be African American but I’m pretty sure she’s 100% Korean though I’m not certain. I think she’s also from the Bronx so she does talk with that kinda accent 

822D93D9-26B1-4299-9C43-2899372AE864.jpeg

6FD83B4C-2C71-4506-8A56-7DABA8B0183C.jpeg

F96684A3-0A05-43E5-862C-3B9287544EDA.jpeg

Posted

most of these girls are acting like their lips tan, too lmao 

Posted

These girls need to go out more. Just like nit all EA have monolids not all black ppl have broad noses. There are all types of black people on this planet and while we have similarities that connect us we are not carbon copies of each other. I had to grow up listening to ppl make fun of black eonebsw feature and tell me I wasn't black enough because I lacked those same features they mocked. I'm not flattered at all with this trend going around and why should I, I still get shit for being black woman with natural features. 

I want whatever this is to end.

Posted (edited)

These girls need to go out more. Just like nit all EA have monolids not all black ppl have broad noses. There are all types of black people on this planet and while we have similarities that connect us we are not carbon copies of each other. I had to grow up listening to ppl make fun of black eonebsw feature and tell me I wasn't black enough because I lacked those same features they mocked. I'm not flattered at all with this trend going around and why should I, I still get shit for being black woman with natural features. 

I want whatever this is to end.

It should have never began to start with.

Edited by Fairyduster

Posted

one kinda good thing in all this , i guess, is that more and more people seem to be calling these idiots out. i mean race fakers in general, i think especially after someone exposed that girl that was blurring her eyelids to "look Asian"...and honestly, I am so here for that. Drag all of them to hell for all I care. 

Some people are bullied cause of how they were born, yet these bitches can pretend to be something else online but take of the whole persona and go back to their regular white lives as if nothing happened, it's gross and I am glad people are starting to catch onto this.

Posted

If they're not lying about their race, but they're extremely tanned and from Eastern/Central Europe - it's all about status here. Poor people can't afford holidays, especially where you can get tanned much, so tanned skin shows off wealth (like pale skin used to in Medieval times). Ofc not related to lying about your race. I've seen people surprised about it on earlier pages.

Posted (edited)

https://www.thedailybeast.com/white-instagram-influencers-latest-bid-for-clout-pretending-to-be-black

This article on the topic appeared in my Google News feed. Though it mentions people who were already mentioned in this thread with the exception of WoahVicky and someone who goes by 9mimmi. According to the article, there was an account on some kind of social media platform (article didn't say but I'm assuming it was either an Instagram account or Twitter) that called these people out but it got suspended. 

Also what do you guys think about this girl who goes by Dirtyyhippiee_ on IG? She appeared on that Twitter Mega Thread to call out blackfishers and a few people posted her. Had to screenshot these from Twitter.

Screenshot_2018-11-17_at_6.00.34_PM.thum

Screenshot_2018-11-17_at_6.00.14_PM.thumScreenshot_2018-11-17_at_6.06.55_PM.thumScreenshot_2018-11-17_at_6.06.40_PM.thum

Edited by Amaterasu_

Posted

https://www.thedailybeast.com/white-instagram-influencers-latest-bid-for-clout-pretending-to-be-black

This article on the topic appeared in my Google News feed. Though it mentions people who were already mentioned in this thread with the exception of WoahVicky and someone who goes by 9mimmi. According to the article, there was an account on some kind of social media platform (article didn't say but I'm assuming it was either an Instagram account or Twitter) that called these people out but it got suspended. 

Also what do you guys think about this girl who goes by Dirtyyhippiee_ on IG? She appeared on that Twitter Mega Thread to call out blackfishers and a few people posted her. Had to screenshot these from Twitter.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

that blonde girl looks so uncomfortable next to her lmao