• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

General "Non-Blacks Pretending to be Black or mixed Black"/Blackfishing Thread

371 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

On Ariana, if you think souther Europeans tan that much without fake tan you are mistaken, I'm from Spain, from some islands actually, most people just dont get that tanned naturally (I have family that have black blood on them and not even they get that dark?) this is a Spanish actress, she is tanned in this pic, you can compare the difference in shades (this interview was in summer so yes, she is tanned, if you want to look her up for more pics she is Blanca Suarez) : 

1534762290_896823_1534765467_noticia_nor

Edited by arinbunny

Posted (edited)

The Kardashians stole their entire look from black women. 

As well, even the Kardashians don't "tan" to the extent these women do that often and claim it's natural. 

These women got deals from natural hair brands and black owned businesses. A lot of them follow actual light-skinned black women and black biracial women. Some of them even get featured and tagged on pages specifically catered to celebrating the beauty of black women. The whole reason it's called blackfishing is because these people have tons and tons of black followers who were following them because they thought they were black, and none of these women chose to correct them. 

I'm sorry, but I just can't really get on board with this explanation. Some of them may be following in the Kardashian's stolen tracks, but a good many of them are definitely race-faking for profit and likes. 

I really do not know much about the kardashians and I do not follow any of them on social media. So I do not have any in depth knowledge about their personal lives/fame or what kind of scandals they have on them.

nor do I have any in depth information on the women mentioned in this thread.

Just saying the majority of women who look like this are trying to copy a kardashian look for likes/popularity and not trying to change their race. 

Im sure there are some that actually do though, but they are definetely far from the majority of women who have this look. cause wanting to be tan and getting lip injections does not equal wanting to change race. and accusing people of these kind of things should be based on a whole lot more than simple ´´she tans a lot and listens to rap music´´.

That´s all I´m pointing out cause I have already seen it on pull too often people being accused of trying to be this or that race over pretty much nothing. especially when it comes to non asian people liking korea or japan for example.

It reminds me of the old gyaru trend that went on  in Japan years ago where Japanese girls bleached their hair, put in blue/green/grey contacts and if they werent pale would try to attain a pale skin look. the vast majority of them werent self loathing japanese girls wanting to be white, there may have been a minority in that group that did indeed want to change/trick people into thinking they were of a different racial origin. but most were just following a trend/style they liked.

if there actually is solid proof on someone making money of companies by lying about who they are and profit of a racial origin they are claiming to be while they actually arent, then im all for calling them out cause that is disgusting!

but I have also seen many times how people were being accused of wanting to be black/white/asian for very simple basic nonsense reasons that didnt make sense. bleaching your hair doesn´t make you want to be white, tanning does not make you want to be black, and wearing cat eye liner doesnt mean you want to be asian. 

So do not get me wrong, I´m all for calling the right people out.

Edited by Kiko

Posted

I don't know if everyone can see it but AJ did a vid on it on their FB 

Posted

The Kardashians stole their entire look from black women. 

As well, even the Kardashians don't "tan" to the extent these women do that often and claim it's natural. These women are tanning themselves to dark or deep brown complexions and claiming it's completely natural. 

These women got deals from natural hair brands and black owned businesses. A lot of them follow actual light-skinned black women and black biracial women. Some of them even get featured and tagged on pages specifically catered to celebrating the beauty of black women. The whole reason it's called blackfishing is because these people have tons and tons of black followers who were following them because they thought they were black, and none of these women chose to correct them. 

I'm sorry, but I just can't really get on board with this explanation. Some of them may be following in the Kardashian's stolen tracks, but a good many of them are definitely race-faking for profit and likes. 

Plus, there's a reason nobody cared about botox or tanning back then - hardly anyone was using it in the way these women are. To profit and lie to people. 

If we are talking about the Kardashians and not the Jenners it makes sense they are tan, their father was from the Middle East and I think Kim actually looks paler now? 

Posted

Theres pale middle easterns too but that doesnt mean you should use fake tan 10 times darker than yourself and then profit from it when real black people experience racism for their colour. Tanning naturally and using fake than are two different things and some of these girls clearly uses fake tan and lie and say its natural.

Like emma hallberg this dark tan isnt natural, there is swedish people getting quite dark but not like this all natural.

emma_hallberg.png

Posted

I took down a few comments that were derailing things. It's fine to discuss the nature of whether it's right or wrong to try and "change" your race by heavy tanning, surgery, and other methods . It comes up a lot in PULL (people imitating Asians and other groups). Many snowflakes are trying to get attention by any means necessary, and they often go too far. They sexualize themselves, do outrageous things, destroy norms (i. e. Logan Paul posting a dead body), and dramatically alter their appearances for shock value. And it is important to discuss what they're doing and why they're doing it. 

That said, this thread derailed heavily into a discussion about racism in Northern Europe that had less and less to do with race-faking and race-fakers.  If you want to discuss racism in Northern Europen, take it to general or discuss it by PM. Or make sure it stays relevant to the topic. 

Posted

Theres pale middle easterns too but that doesnt mean you should use fake tan 10 times darker than yourself and then profit from it when real black people experience racism for their colour. Tanning naturally and using fake than are two different things and some of these girls clearly uses fake tan and lie and say its natural.

Like emma hallberg this dark tan isnt natural, there is swedish people getting quite dark but not like this all natural.

emma_hallberg.png

idk how anyone can buy this as "natural tan" like...i tan easily af, despite being pale from avoiding sun...and i can go like, 4-5 shades darker but first of all, it's a completely different undertone from this...and not nearly as dark lmao. this screams fake from 5 miles away. tragic. 

i mean,idk who she thinks she's fooling lmao.

Posted

idk how anyone can buy this as "natural tan" like...i tan easily af, despite being pale from avoiding sun...and i can go like, 4-5 shades darker but first of all, it's a completely different undertone from this...and not nearly as dark lmao. this screams fake from 5 miles away. tragic. 

i mean,idk who she thinks she's fooling lmao.

It's so funny because she tried to compare her brother and father's tans to her own, and they looked pretty much nothing like hers. Their undertone is very different from "always takes photos in a golden sunset" Emma.

Honestly I know a lot of fully Swedish people who get really tan during the summer, but none of them get the shade Emma does. Hers is a perfect deep golden brown all over her body (except her face lol), and most people who do naturally tan don't get that even of a coverage. Of course she also edits her photos to look flawless, but that's just more fuel to the not-a-natural-tan fire.

Posted

I really do not know much about the kardashians and I do not follow any of them on social media. So I do not have any in depth knowledge about their personal lives/fame or what kind of scandals they have on them.

nor do I have any in depth information on the women mentioned in this thread.

Just saying the majority of women who look like this are trying to copy a kardashian look for likes/popularity and not trying to change their race. 

Im sure there are some that actually do though, but they are definetely far from the majority of women who have this look. cause wanting to be tan and getting lip injections does not equal wanting to change race. and accusing people of these kind of things should be based on a whole lot more than simple ´´she tans a lot and listens to rap music´´.

That´s all I´m pointing out cause I have already seen it on pull too often people being accused of trying to be this or that race over pretty much nothing. especially when it comes to non asian people liking korea or japan for example.

It reminds me of the old gyaru trend that went on  in Japan years ago where Japanese girls bleached their hair, put in blue/green/grey contacts and if they werent pale would try to attain a pale skin look. the vast majority of them werent self loathing japanese girls wanting to be white, there may have been a minority in that group that did indeed want to change/trick people into thinking they were of a different racial origin. but most were just following a trend/style they liked.

if there actually is solid proof on someone making money of companies by lying about who they are and profit of a racial origin they are claiming to be while they actually arent, then im all for calling them out cause that is disgusting!

but I have also seen many times how people were being accused of wanting to be black/white/asian for very simple basic nonsense reasons that didnt make sense. bleaching your hair doesn´t make you want to be white, tanning does not make you want to be black, and wearing cat eye liner doesnt mean you want to be asian. 

So do not get me wrong, I´m all for calling the right people out.

If you actually read the thread you'd see that none of the girls posted here just "tan a lot and listen to rap music". If that was a case, all the hundreds upon thousands of IG baddies would be clogging up the thread. Every girl posted here (except Ariana, who we've been politely debating about) tans themselves dark brown, wears afro/curly wigs, gets lip injections and butt/breast augmentation, rejoice when they land on Black girl appreciation accounts, and generally just look like 1900s caricatures of a Black person.

Also idk where you researched gyaru, but you got it completely wrong. Gyaru originated from the desire for Japanese women to reject traditional Japanese beauty standards. Most of them self-tanned to a ridiculous degree because they were fed up with the expectation for Japanese women to look like delicate snow white porcelain dolls. It wasn't simply a fashion trend, it was social commentary with a very explicit purpose. Whether or not turning themselves into rotisserie chickens was the right way to go about it is up for debate, but regardless, it certainly wasn't just a meaningless fashion trend.

I don't mean to sound rude but you should probably read through the whole thread (it's only 5 pages) and do a bit more research before commenting on such a complicated and sensitive topic.

Posted

350F50A0-2C96-4309-AD5F-93A8537C10C6.jpeg

(Sorry I just quote you because you had the best close ups)

I feel like her "I'm just tan" and "my hair was just straightened before" arguments lose out when you see her natural curls, which are as someone with straight hair very enviable in their own right but are like thick waves? idk the curls scale sry...but the photo on the far right she made tight curls and put it up in a hairstyle that WOC often use (but they use it not just as a fashion look but out of practicality) to make it look like she could possibly naturally have a fro, which she DEFINITELY would NOT have with her 100% natural hair. 

but the thing that puts it over the edge for me is her damn lips!!!! she literally lined them with brown (not even close to the color of her lipstick)!!! even on her video, you can see she tried to make a gradation with her lips to make them seem naturally darker (imitating WOC natural lip color). like.....cmonnnnn its just so obvious

had it just been a tan? okay sure. lip fillers? butt injections? u live ur life girl if thats what you really want. long nails and hoop earrings? sure. but a "tan" that literally changes your appearance to that of someone of a different race? thats not just changing your style/enhancing your natural look/best features. that is toooooooooo much already, plus the ridiculous hair and makeup and if she tries to throw in AAVE. LOOOOOOOL this girl 

and shes pretty naturally!! is being an above average good looking girl not enough in this day and age?? you gotta be pretty AND special AND unique AND trendy, even if its all fake???

(also at the other girl "i take it as a compliment if someone says i could look mixed" BARFFFFFF :beardo:)

Posted

I took down a few comments that were derailing things. It's fine to discuss the nature of whether it's right or wrong to try and "change" your race by heavy tanning, surgery, and other methods . It comes up a lot in PULL (people imitating Asians and other groups). Many snowflakes are trying to get attention by any means necessary, and they often go too far. They sexualize themselves, do outrageous things, destroy norms (i. e. Logan Paul posting a dead body), and dramatically alter their appearances for shock value. And it is important to discuss what they're doing and why they're doing it. 

That said, this thread derailed heavily into a discussion about racism in Northern Europe that had less and less to do with race-faking and race-fakers.  If you want to discuss racism in Northern Europen, take it to general or discuss it by PM. Or make sure it stays relevant to the topic. 

I had feeling that was going to happen. Thank you! 

Posted

If we are talking about the Kardashians and not the Jenners it makes sense they are tan, their father was from the Middle East and I think Kim actually looks paler now? 

Kim and Kylie, have "tanned" the way the women in this thread. 

Kim - To sell her contour kit, which if the reviews are to be believed, doesn't even work that well on someone this skintone.

She does look paler now, but she has dipped her toes into trying to play off a spray tan as natural. Both of these are spray tans. You can convince me that photo one could be real, but photo 2? She's the same shade as Beyonce in that photo. I'm never going to believe that could be natural. 

kim%20kardashian%20tout.jpg

Kylie - I believe this was to sell highlighters or something. 

kylie-jenner-black-face-photo-shoot.jpg

Unlike these women, Kim and Kylie seemed to have quit while they're ahead, and just stick to more believable spray tans. They still rip off and copy black women tho - especially Rihanna.  

Posted

Kim and Kylie, have "tanned" the way the women in this thread. 

Kim - To sell her contour kit, which if the reviews are to be believed, doesn't even work that well on someone this skintone.

She does look paler now, but she has dipped her toes into trying to play off a spray tan as natural. Both of these are spray tans. You can convince me that photo one could be real, but photo 2? She's the same shade as Beyonce in that photo. I'm never going to believe that could be natural. 

kim%20kardashian%20tout.jpg

Kylie - I believe this was to sell highlighters or something. 

kylie-jenner-black-face-photo-shoot.jpg

Unlike these women, Kim and Kylie seemed to have quit while they're ahead, and just stick to more believable spray tans. They still rip off and copy black women tho - especially Rihanna.  

The Kim one was photoshopped and they took it down no? Also I already said Kardashians and Kylie is a Jenner, she is not mixed.