• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

General "Non-Blacks Pretending to be Black or mixed Black"/Blackfishing Thread

371 posts in this topic

Posted

People shit on Kim (and the rest of the Kardashians) so much because she basically stole and profited off of black beauty trends, and continues to get away with it. Plus, she still tries to play off her obvious plastic surgery and body modifications as natural, and she even treats her mixed children as accessories/fetishes at some points. 

Ariana, on the other hand still looks very obviously white, and it doesn't appear that she's trying to make people believe she's mixed-race. The worst anyone can accuse her of is going for an "ambiguously brown" look, which is different than pretending to be black, but is an issue in and of itself as well. 

Plus, Ariana for the most part has been pretty transparent that that's not her natural skin tone (the plastic surgery on the other hand...but we not gonna get into that). Hell, even her hair extensions too. 

This is why I think Ariana gets away with it. Take it or leave it, but in my personal opinion, she doesn't belong on this thread for the reasons stated above. 

Yeah fair enough (i don’t know much about Kim Kardashian) 

Posted

Oh lord. She's trying to talk Bajan/Barbadian. Or like a West Indian "island gyal". Drake does this shit too and he's from Canada. He got in too good with Rihanna and had to steal her culture (as he usually does), and many people followed in his footsteps with the fake Bajan accents. She looks stupid to people who don't know what she's trying to say, and even dumber to people who do. 

This would make sense because there have been claims of her being half Caribbean/Aruban and she has yet to refute anything. But being Caribbean/Aruban doesn’t automatically make you Black and it’s sus because she’s used aave/Black slang/and of course the n word. I’m skeptical considering there’s a highlight ig story video on her profile where she’s showing off her makeup and her voice has a thick Romanian accent (I assume it’s romanian, also imo I hear her trying to mimic a blaccent). She’s also rt’ed the “foundbae” accounts on Twitter that fetishize woc based on their race and she gets posted as Aruban only, however there are Romanian people in the replies who say she’s Romanian lol

Posted (edited)

Ariana gets lip fillers, self-tans herself to a crisp, misuses AAVE, and exclusively dates Black men or Blackaboo white guys, but she's not racist because she doesn't successfully pass as a Black woman? I'd argue that the Kardashians don't pass as Black either, nor does Emma Hallberg or Truedy or Mika Frances, but that doesn't make them any less racist. I'd also argue that Ariana doesn't look white at all, especially when you put her next to her full Italian relatives and she's 10 shades darker than them. It's just confusing to me why Ariana gets a pass simply because she's a self-identified #woke #feminist. You're right in that it's not outright minstrel show-level blackface, but I think it's close enough to warrant some severe questioning. imo if she wasn't a celebrity she'd be on IG with all these other ambiguously brown "models" selling skinny tea to 16 year olds. Then again, that's just my opinion as a White/Asian person.

You got good points there. 

I never said it didn't warrant any questioning, just that I don't personally view her as a contender for this thread based on the reason's I've listed. To me, going for "ambiguosly brown" is different than going for half-black. If Ariana wasn't a celebrity, she strikes me as the type to correct someone if they tried to call her half black, mixed, Brazilian, or whatever. The women in this thread only started pretending to be proud of being white and not race-faking when they were caught. There's an element of catfishing to their fakery that I feel Ariana doesn't have. Of course it's racist, but to me it's racism targeting a different demographic. If this were a general race-faking thread, I'd be more than happy to include her there. 

As well, part of race-fakery is that you're never really going pass as the race you're faking completely. Of course the Kardashians, Emma, Truedy, ect. don't pass for full black, just as the people in the "non-Asians pretending to be Asians" thread don't fully pass for Asian. The difference for me lies in intention. I don't personally give Ariana a pass because she's #woke of #feminist; I give Ariana a pass on in this specific instance because she's doing a different type of fakery to me than the women in this thread, therefore she's better fit somewhere else. 

I stated earlier that her misuse of AAVE and slang was already sus, and it is. You got a good point that she does date black or blackaboo white boys, tho. I'm gonna add to that - her stated preference for big d**k and (alleged) history of serial cheating based on that preference is sus too.  

Edited by ZapGold

Posted (edited)

rather than aave it sounds like she's using carribean slang / patois. :alpacaconfused:

* whoops, quote didn't work! this was re: iulviao

Edited by Cupid

Posted (edited)

You got good points there. 

I never said it didn't warrant any questioning, just that I don't personally view her as a contender for this thread based on the reason's I've listed. To me, going for "ambiguosly brown" is different than going for half-black. If Ariana wasn't a celebrity, she strikes me as the type to correct someone if they tried to call her half black, mixed, Brazilian, or whatever. The women in this thread only started pretending to be proud of being white and not race-faking when they were caught. There's an element of catfishing to their fakery that I feel Ariana doesn't have. Of course it's racist, but to me it's racism targeting a different demographic. If this were a general race-faking thread, I'd be more than happy to include her there. 

As well, part of race-fakery is that you're never really going pass as the race you're faking completely. Of course the Kardashians, Emma, Truedy, ect. don't pass for full black, just as the people in the "non-Asians pretending to be Asians" thread don't fully pass for Asian. The difference for me lies in intention. I don't personally give Ariana a pass because she's #woke of #feminist; I give Ariana a pass on in this specific instance because she's doing a different type of fakery to me than the women in this thread, therefore she's better fit somewhere else. 

I stated earlier that her misuse of AAVE and slang was already sus, and it is. You got a good point that she does date black or blackaboo white boys, tho. I'm gonna add to that - her stated preference for big d**k and (alleged) history of serial cheating based on that preference is sus too.  

Sorry if it sounded like I was coming after you! My frustration is aimed mostly at white gays on Twitter who think the sun shines out of her ass. I think you have good points too, and I totally understand why you would think she's not the best fit for this thread.

Edited by xena
typo

Posted

Omg, I remember Truedy from Unpretty.. I thought she was mixed when I first saw her what a mess. I'm still mad she won that season too! 

I think Ariana goes way to overboard with the spray tan, unflattering first picture but it’s often uneven like that picture + like someone els said she uses random aav like @zapgold said 

+ it’s really weird that people shit of Kim Kardashian for tanning but none has called out Ariana 

4A404B0D-E2E0-4579-8DE0-392E40C8B072.jpeg

F240D6FC-219F-48CD-973A-0EEA9E305155.jpeg

Ariana does go waaay overboard with the spray tan but I've never thought of her as trying to present black or mixed.. I think if she were to be getting plastic surgeries like getting her lips/ass done and fetishized black men people would say something.

Posted (edited)

Omg, I remember Truedy from Unpretty.. I thought she was mixed when I first saw her what a mess. I'm still mad she won that season too! 

Ariana does go waaay overboard with the spray tan but I've never thought of her as trying to present black or mixed.. I think if she were to be getting plastic surgeries like getting her lips/ass done and fetishized black men people would say something.

By the way, Truedy still seems to be at it. 

Edited by ZapGold

Posted

i found this girly while browsing those "cancelled" instagram accounts, she has actually deactivated her instagram at this point but i thought this is unbelievable enough to not to share. she seems to be north european too.

i have been eyeing those fashion trends in the north european areas for a while. i went to sweden this summer and i saw a lot of people being basically orange by spray tan. i guess trying to look tan ain't enough for some of them, just straight up trying to imitate another race is the new thing. this actually makes me sad. 

ddddddddd.JPG

ddddddddddddddddddd.JPG

ddsdfsdf.JPG

-OecpSzz.jpg

Posted

Emmas explanation, she says she never got her lips done and her skin is just tanned ~ 

Screenshot 2018-11-10 at 16.26.00.png

Screenshot 2018-11-10 at 16.25.57.png

Screenshot 2018-11-10 at 16.25.50.png

I know she did not just say melatonin......:alpacafedup:

Posted

Emma's trying to look like Maya Jama btw. She's half-black, half-Swedish. 

Mobo-Awards-2016.jpg

Posted

Regarding Ariana and her severe tan, I think it has to do with trying to appeal to a wider audience and that audience being Black America considering hip hop is the most popular genre here. Back in 2013 she was the cute teen Lolita-esque pop star and now she’s the it girl pop star in a generation of ig baddie influencers whose style have been heavily influenced by Black women like Rihanna and Beyoncé. Sus but a different level compared to the Kardashian’s who wear cornrows for attention (Kim) and try to make “Kompton” happen (khloe).

In the way she talks especially over social media, she definitely mimics her stans. Stan culture is a whirlwind since once again, a lot of the terms originate from Black twitter.

Posted

This girl on ig doesnt pretend to be black full-time but she did a  -makeup look- that was very interesting. Originally the location said "Africa" but she changed it. If you look through the comments you'll see people mentioning it. Below is photo along with what she normally looks like. 

Screenshot_20181114-160115_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20181114-160123_Instagram.jpg

Posted

I honestly find this really creepy. It's one thing to change up your look, but trying to be another race is just weird.

Posted

i found this girly while browsing those "cancelled" instagram accounts, she has actually deactivated her instagram at this point but i thought this is unbelievable enough to not to share. she seems to be north european too.

i have been eyeing those fashion trends in the north european areas for a while. i went to sweden this summer and i saw a lot of people being basically orange by spray tan. i guess trying to look tan ain't enough for some of them, just straight up trying to imitate another race is the new thing. this actually makes me sad. 

ddddddddd.JPG

ddddddddddddddddddd.JPG

ddsdfsdf.JPG

-OecpSzz.jpg

The unnatural balloon lips in the last pic, tho... 

Girls really be doing too much to themselves. 

Sorry if it sounded like I was coming after you! My frustration is aimed mostly at white gays on Twitter who think the sun shines out of her ass. I think you have good points too, and I totally understand why you would think she's not the best fit for this thread.

No offense taken. I liked the points you brought up too!