• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General "Non-Blacks Pretending to be Black or mixed Black"/Blackfishing Thread

376 posts in this topic

Posted

Am I having a seizure or her caption doesn't make any sense

That doesn't sound like any AAVE I've heard lmao. She doesn't speak like that in all of her posts -- I definitely think it's a front. You can definitely tell how pale she is naturally from her breasts. 

I felt like she tried to emulate aave with that one caption lmao I think she meant “for once in your life just be real”

Not only was she posted on a curly hair appreciation page for black women but an account dedicated to ethnic beauty posted her as Aruban. I’ve seen claims of her being half Aruban but me being cynical, it could be a lie lmao

Also found an oldish pic of her back when she had a different face. She also has a Twitter but isn’t very active however, if she is a blackfish then I think it speaks for itself.

7289E65A-CF53-4FF0-B97B-30B3C039C38B.jpeg

CC7B0A9B-964C-449C-85D6-8EBE683BDC0C.jpeg

4524339D-A144-4A81-B70F-88147A087AC1.jpeg

Posted (edited)

It's weird because there are a lot of white women who look like her who are perfectly okay with saying that they're white. 

Why put up a front? What's the point? 

Money? Probably money. 

Or for Clout. Im confused too because why go through all this to make yourself look black.

Or for those who are claim they are black or half black  Why even put up the front when you are going to be found out anyway?

Is it because they "Feel like a black woman inside" and want to make themselves look like one outside?

Just Why?

Edited by Fairyduster

Posted

Or for Clout. Im confused too because why go through all this to make yourself look black.

Or for those who are claim they are black or half black  Why even put up the front when you are going to be found out anyway?

Is it because they "Feel like a black woman inside" and want to make themselves look like one outside?

Just Why?

maybe theyre one of those "I don't see colours we all humans" people and saying that the way theyre acting and looking isn't black because hair and talking isnt culture etc and theyres white people with curly hair too blah blah blah

Posted

Am I having a seizure or her caption doesn't make any sense

That doesn't sound like any AAVE I've heard lmao. She doesn't speak like that in all of her posts

Oh lord. She's trying to talk Bajan/Barbadian. Or like a West Indian "island gyal". Drake does this shit too and he's from Canada. He got in too good with Rihanna and had to steal her culture (as he usually does), and many people followed in his footsteps with the fake Bajan accents. She looks stupid to people who don't know what she's trying to say, and even dumber to people who do. 

Posted (edited)

Just Why?

"I didnt choose the thug life, the thug live chose me." female version

From what I've seen around me its glorifying "ghetto" culture. For most of them black girls are this ghetto bitchez that will show everyone whos the boss, nobody can touch them and everyone wants to fuck them because giant ass and hips, and these girls want that. This also bring you your own ghetto thug bad boyfriend that is good only towards you. <3

Girls are living their fantasy. Also you get to pull a race card when you dont get enough attention, even tho (black) race problems do not affect you.

(also about ariana - white people can tan, tho tanning beds are not healthy, i dont see the problem if they are not claiming they are black or that its their natural skin tone)

Edited by Opheliac

Posted

(Wasn't Snooki adopted, tho?)

Racefakers really have no shame, lol. Also I cannot believe that when they get caught they won't come clean. Like, girl... Please have the decency to apologize and cut the bullsh*t. (Not really surprised, tho. If someone is f**ked up enough to do something like this, I cannot expect them to take responsibility for it and stop, but still...)

Posted

I thought the girl that pretended to be Korean had also pretended to be black in the past (her ig username was scarebrat before she deleted)

She wore an afro wig all the time... I saw some pics of it on FB but I can’t upload them on mobile

Posted

I think Ariana goes way to overboard with the spray tan, unflattering first picture but it’s often uneven like that picture + like someone els said she uses random aav like @zapgold said 

+ it’s really weird that people shit of Kim Kardashian for tanning but none has called out Ariana 

4A404B0D-E2E0-4579-8DE0-392E40C8B072.jpeg

F240D6FC-219F-48CD-973A-0EEA9E305155.jpeg

Posted

I think Ariana goes way to overboard with the spray tan, unflattering first picture but it’s often uneven like that picture + like someone els said she uses random aav like @zapgold said 

+ it’s really weird that people shit of Kim Kardashian for tanning but none has called out Ariana 

4A404B0D-E2E0-4579-8DE0-392E40C8B072.jpeg

F240D6FC-219F-48CD-973A-0EEA9E305155.jpeg

at first I actually thought ariana was mixed race and didnt know about her pre-debut days..was quite surprised to find out she has Italian roots and saw how light her actual skin tone was. The skin tone does suit her, especially with the dark brown hair. But it seems a bit overdone at some times

Posted

Here’s one more btw does anyone know why most of them are north european? I expected most of them to be white americans but it seems like it’s more popular in europe. 

54E25A25-73B6-4AAF-BE4C-88E20CD8F8A1.jpeg

1281B875-D87D-488F-88C2-F0C307BA6FB0.jpeg

This happens a lot in the "Non Asians pretending to be Asian" threads too. 

I think it's because it's a mixture of wanting to be seen as exotic (I've heard that mixed is starting to replace just plain white as desirable across the pond, but I don't know if that's true or not), not being considered super pretty in their country of origin, following trends, and for some, to show off their superiority. 

It's awful, because no matter if they think this is just another form of appreciation, all it's really doing is putting out the message that white girls are better looking black-women than actual black women. And, like another user said, they're getting sponsorships and deals with black-owned beauty brands on the basis of them appearing to be black. So, many of them trying to backtrack and say they weren't pretending to be black after getting exposed now is really disgusting considering they were completely okay with taking people's money based on the assumption that they were black or mixed-black before. 

Especially Emma. 

Emmas explanation, she says she never got her lips done and her skin is just tanned ~ 

Screenshot 2018-11-10 at 16.26.00.png

Screenshot 2018-11-10 at 16.25.57.png

Screenshot 2018-11-10 at 16.25.50.png

You saw the black women following you based on the assumption that you're black and said nothing. 

You took deals from black-owned businesses to advertise their products. 

You knew people thought you were black. 

And you. Said. Nothing. For. YEARS! 

Now that you're caught, you're pulling out every excuse in the book to make it seem like you weren't trying to pretend to be black, and it's BS. 

People are actually defending her too based on this BS explanation. 

Posted (edited)

Not really a fan of Ariana, also disliking her behavior, I know that the fake tan is crap, but she actually does have enough melanin to be "darker" since she is south European. Plus mass media likes to "light up" any kind of photo of celebrities (not sure why they even do that, but here are some canditds from the past of her real skin tone). Would be fine, if she would just stick to that, spray tans are harmful chemicals  anyway. 

ariana-grande-nick-jonas-01.jpg

bieber-ariana-1500.jpg

Ariana.jpg

Edited by sandy11

Posted

I think the reason why these girls do this is because of the recent trend to look mixed or exotic like kylie and kim. Just look at all movies and tv shows and even commercials they always depict a mixed family like one parent is white and the other black, although you never see other mixed combinations like black and asian etc. Kinda odd that you see more mixed couples in media than a full black one or a full asian one compared to how many full white couples are shown.

Posted (edited)

That doesn't sound like any AAVE I've heard lmao. She doesn't speak like that in all of her posts -- I definitely think it's a front. You can definitely tell how pale she is naturally from her breasts. 

TBH in her older pics she just looks like your average lip-injected gal who Facetunes the shit out of herself. Her body looks really suspect in a lot of her pictures to me.

sounds like fake patois tbh.

also those curls are fake af, they're all the same circumference and clearly were made with rollers or a wand. it's ALMOST convincing but i see the truth!!! 

edit: also someone asked why they are so often northern european... first off im american and i DEFINITELY don't wanna speak out of turn so if i get anything twisted please correct me but anyway, a paragraph from this article explains it well. (i know it's about norway specifically but i think it rings true for many other places as well): 

"Acquaintances and friends have accused me, as an American, of being obsessed with race. What they don’t seem to realize is, Americans aren’t more racist, or more obsessed with race, but we are more willing to talk about it. To what end is not always clear – we have our own problems, after all. But the kind of racism present in Norway is often insidious in its innocuousness. It slips by without challenge, because Norway’s history is less checkered than the US. Norway’s cultural genocide and removal policies toward the Sami, based partly on American tactics, shy in comparison to slavery, Japanese-American internment camps, or the more recent «Muslim ban», to name a few."

Edited by loversalibi