• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General "Non-Blacks Pretending to be Black or mixed Black"/Blackfishing Thread

391 posts in this topic

Posted

Not sure if this is OT, but I just saw a video on the Prince family's "prank" (which was just nonstop clownery) and I legit thought the person in the thumbnail was Woah Vicky.....like, you know you've fucked up if you, as a biracial woman, are coming across on the same level as the mess (/gift that keeps on giving) that is Woah Vicky

This was the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FEX71uh300

Posted

Not sure if this is OT, but I just saw a video on the Prince family's "prank" (which was just nonstop clownery) and I legit thought the person in the thumbnail was Woah Vicky.....like, you know you've fucked up if you, as a biracial woman, are coming across on the same level as the mess (/gift that keeps on giving) that is Woah Vicky

This was the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FEX71uh300

You can tell when a mixed-race person doesn't have a strong black role model in their life. They do shit like and think its funny. The sad thing is there will always be color struck fools that'll cosign and defend bullshit like this. One of them is her husband. I pity that poor baby girl.

Posted (edited)

There's also been a biracial model who did a photoshoot with her being painted as a dark skin black woman that happened pretty much around the same time the Prince family "prank happened.

She tried to get ahead of the backlash by claiming she was trying to empower black women to love the skin that they are in (while not wearing her actual skintone). And apparently her and the people behind photoshoot think that black people have palms the same color as the rest of our body. They even painted her scalp brown.

Edited by VioletRhapsody

Posted

^ Dude all the posts on the tagged page of makeup """artist""" that put her in blackface (or whatever you call it when it's a really lightskin mixed chick?) are even worse...

Posted

There's also been a biracial model who did a photoshoot with her being painted as a dark skin black woman that happened pretty much around the same time the Prince family "prank happened.

She tried to get ahead of the backlash by claiming she was trying to empower black women to love the skin that they are in (while not wearing her actual skintone). And apparently her and the people behind photoshoot think that black people have palms the same color as the rest of our body. They even painted her scalp brown.

Dear god... 

I just... 

This just...SCREAMS emotional manipulation to me. Like, "I'm just trying to EMPOWER you beautiful, dark-skinned queens. That's why they chose me and not an actual dark-skinned model. Plus this just shows out how I'm - black women are so versatile too!" 

Just... sis, no. They hired you because they didn't want to hire an actual dark-skinned model. They want to reap the benefits of the trend of dark skin being in fashion, but they don't want to do it in a way that actual dark-skinned women can benefit from it. Dats it. 

I'm disgusted. 

329813eb-0c8f-4d3b-8b2d-05b304cc75c9.jpg

Posted

Ashley Love Instagram Story.

And her (now gone) passive aggressive apology.

Posted

tdlr: "i did what i did and i'm sorry that you don't see the value in it" lol

Posted

She rereally thinks this is about lightskins vs. darkskins, I - 

giphy.gif

Posted

This whole blackface equating to people trying to being positive light to dark skin women is the same as certain POC men saying stuff like “i only date darkskin women”=“you should be grateful”. Just because I want to be treated right and respected as a person without having my skin tone dictate that doesn’t mean I’m going to take any form of “appreciation” 

Posted

Celebface just made a post about A model Elba Prescoli. Very sus.

SmartSelect_20191022-132421_Instagram.thSmartSelect_20191022-132527_Instagram.thSmartSelect_20191022-132615_Instagram.th

Posted

Anyone who has tea on Mya Mills? She's from the UK and works as a model for companies like ASOS, Fashion Nova etc. She was put on the game by 6Kenza, but now makes more than her and is way more relevant than her.

i've read and heard from people who know her that She's also blackfishing and says that her grandparents or parents are from Brazil, but they only live there and all her siblings look lily white while she looks very 'exotic' compared to them. 

Posted

That is A LOT of bronzer on Mya. I don't know about you,  canbut I easily tell the difference between someone doing some blackfishing nonsense and having actually natural tanned skin. It's super apparent in the face. Somewhere like the mouth and face it just looks like they smeared dirt on themselves. It's too perfect of a single shade. Everyone has lighter shades of skin on the brow bone, cheek bone, and chin area. No matter how light or dark your skin is, the middle of the face will have some sort of lighter shade.

Posted

I just checked her instagram and these pictures hit so many blackfishing marks for me. It barely looks like the same person as the above pic.

sdfsdff.thumb.PNG.ef971cd213962c7e77a4c7

gsdgdgfd.thumb.PNG.258970df4540a72968f69

She also seems to use an extreme amount of bronzer or highlighter on her nose, because in almost every picture it looks shiny as hell and darker than the rest of her face.

Posted

Celebface just made a post about A model Elba Prescoli. Very sus.

SmartSelect_20191022-132421_Instagram.thSmartSelect_20191022-132527_Instagram.thSmartSelect_20191022-132615_Instagram.th

what's her name ???

Also  did  she  get her lips done  something about them  seems off and her photoshopped pics kinda remind me of a man attempting to be a woman.  Specifically, in the first pic its something about her face thats off almost uncanny and it  really reminds me of a drag queen..