• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

General "Non-Blacks Pretending to be Black or mixed Black"/Blackfishing Thread

371 posts in this topic

Posted

Have we talked about Aga Brzostowska yet? (This girl)

7127742-6466771-The_Polish_influencer_wh

She claims that she wasn't blackfishing because she's not "white-white" 

Isn't she a Roma girl?

Posted

I have. It's funny that she tries to walk around the fact that she is obviously using melanin injections

I know right?! Really hate when people do this.

Posted

Felt like this belongs in the thread, Stila Cosmetics yet again photoshopping a white model black :alpacabored:

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 1.50.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 1.50.50 PM.png

Posted

Felt like this belongs in the thread, Stila Cosmetics yet again photoshopping a white model black :alpacabored:

why the actual fuck would Stila do that .... their eyeliner wasn’t that good anyways, I guess!

Posted

Would have been easier to get a REAL BLACK WOMAN than photoshopping a white woman.

Posted

Would have been easier to get a REAL BLACK WOMAN than photoshopping a white woman.

the second screenshot the photo on the right there's literally a black model beside the girl they PSed to be black, it's really not that hard!

Posted

What makes this even weirder is that she literally makes herself darker in the photos and videos she takes...like???? This will sound mean and petty, but her boyfriend looks like he has showered in weeks and she just looks sweaty in real life. They remind me of Martina Big (who's a whole blackface "transracial" mess) with taking these unregulated chemicals just to look darker and they could get skin cancer or even worse, but they're too stupid to realize that. It's the same with people who bleach their skin, it just looks unnatural. 

I just realized that most of the people in this thread darken themselves in pics and in real life or videos you can see more clearly that's not their natural skin tone. It's so fucking weird to me. I think blackfishing it's a new modern form of blackface tbh. While people argue that they're not trying to be racist or don't have ill intentions, it's so weird. I don't know how someone can go from a fair to a dark skin tone, get lip injections, start wearing box braids or dread locs, etc and not have people think they're black. I know this sounds harsh, but I don't understand how these people can be this naive or stupid. I mean literally all thing Black women have been clowned about for fucking ever is now super trendy and cool. Like fuller lips, larger asses, colorful wigs/weaves, long nails, having darker skin, Black hairstyles such as cornrows, dread, box braids etc is now cool and trendy (not to say these are mutually exclusive to Black women or that all Black women have/do these things, but hopefully y'all get my point.) I just feel like these girls are riding this wave and like I said before they can just go back to being white with no problem and follow the next upcoming trend. 

Posted

I just feel like these girls are riding this wave and like I said before they can just go back to being white with no problem and follow the next upcoming trend. 

That is what makes me the most angry about blackfishing/cultural appropriation. The fact that many things that are a part of my culture are treated like a costume, or some seasonal trend/fad to these people. They can use the very image of black and brown people as a money grab without any of the hardships that go along with it. Then they want to act all bewildered when they get called out for it; tap dancing around the issue and doing nothing for the community whose culture/look they are profiting from. 

Posted (edited)

this shit is so stupid. my best friend is this beautiful mixed race model type and im the opposite, so im often jealous of them, but even then id never be insecure enough to try and become their race? Thats so creepy and embarassing. Its so entertaining too though ¬¬

Edited by DontWannaCry

Posted (edited)

Isn't she a Roma girl?

Aga Brzostowska is a Polish girl, she isn't quite a hot topic here in media but there are some articles about her. I tried to translate one of them. dsfsdfsdfsdsfdsfd.thumb.png.71d9860070e5

Edited by ThatOneIngrown

Posted

Aga Brzostowska is a Polish girl, she isn't quite a hot topic here in media but there are some articles about her. I tried to translate one of them. dsfsdfsdfsdsfdsfd.thumb.png.71d9860070e5

I asumed it, because she said she is not "white white" and has some of the features. Many Romani people identify as part of the country where they were born, because of stereotypes. They are a minority which lives all across European countries predominatnly in East part of Europe. 

Posted (edited)

I asumed it, because she said she is not "white white" and has some of the features. Many Romani people identify as part of the country where they were born, because of stereotypes. They are a minority which lives all across European countries predominatnly in East part of Europe. 

She's fully Polish I'm afraid.

Also, I think I found her older photo.file.thumb.jpg.44e260880b1c2d4b2bf65d5b9

Edited by ThatOneIngrown