• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

General "Non-Blacks Pretending to be Black or mixed Black"/Blackfishing Thread

334 posts in this topic

Posted

If you’re not here to discuss blackfishing or black issues please go back to your Slavic thread. You will never see me trash talking other races in their respects blank race pretending to be another because it’s disrespectful to the issue at hand. If you want to discuss more on how some black people can be problematic with race faking then go to the racism thread in the general discussions section. 

One more before I go. These double standards can apply to the Slavic girls tanning themselves into a new race or pretending to be Asian, it can apply to anyone ok

Posted

Lmao the Slavic thread is filled with discussion of real Slavs wondering why tf anyone would wanna pretend and it’s got more tea on other whites pretending to be Slavic (but mostly stereotypical views of Slavs). Lily Mac was mentioned once but we all know she’s a self hating asian woman. But dragging issues pertaining poc who try to look white is an issue nonrelating to this subject with several layers. Things like colorism, colonization, etc exist and it dates back. The only people who should be dragged are these blackfishers.

Anyway, the girl below isn’t exactly a blackfish but imo seems to be worthy for posting lol she’s even friends with Mika Francis who’s name has been attached to blackfishing ever since the news broke out. And that leads me to another thing, I recently read an article on i-d magazine about the “cozy girl” style which is basically american New York streetwear inspired by hip hop but didn’t even include a Black girl. One was mixed asian, one was a white American, while the rest were white Europeans. I don’t doubt their knowledge of fashion but you’d think a publication that prides itself on authenticity would go to Black fashion bloggers or influencers

https://i-d.vice.com/en_uk/article/wjkz5w/cozy-girl-heat-style-summer

B0F97505-A8FE-4C4F-96D6-86E6829ACD44.jpeg

Posted

Does anyone here know Habiba Da Silva ?

Posted (edited)

i've seen Jella talked about a bit here and recently just saw her latest two uploads.

jella.thumb.png.f73c10a53ca391624f74db24

i wanted to think maybe it's just the lighting but c'mon?? she tans excessively but i also think she uses filters and editing to make herself appear to have a deeper skintone while she's tanned. it's made worse when in another recent video, she gets defensive when foreigners comment on these things.

Edited by honeybbae

Posted

legit question but, isn't black fishing trying to look ... black? as in race faking? this girl reminds me more of ganguro chicks cause of the whole korea's obsession with white skin and shit like that. i might be wrong but, idk that's how it seems to me? i mean, didn't she literally say she pushes her tan even more cause she was made fun of for being naturally more tan than the rest when she was young? 

I agree with you. At first I felt conflicted about her but not anymore. She isn't trying to be black or pass as part black. She seems to do this with the intention of making a statement about a problem in her country. That's a positive thing. She isn't benefitting from doing this while black people lose something. This is not blackfishing.

Posted

Thread was derailed again into a discuss about race itself. Thank you to the users who worked to get it back on topic. I removed the comments that derailed. 

Posted

Have we talked about Aga Brzostowska yet? (This girl)

7127742-6466771-The_Polish_influencer_wh

She claims that she wasn't blackfishing because she's not "white-white" 

Posted

Have we talked about Aga Brzostowska yet? (This girl)

7127742-6466771-The_Polish_influencer_wh

She claims that she wasn't blackfishing because she's not "white-white" 

the link to her youtube video was posted here before where she "explains" herself

Posted

lmao @ the difference between her face/body and her scalp.

Posted

B0F97505-A8FE-4C4F-96D6-86E6829ACD44.jpeg

😂 These two look like they really went ham on the Braids on their last Bali trip.  And WTF is she wearing? Is that a scaffolding safety harness?

Posted

lmao @ the difference between her face/body and her scalp.

don’t think that matters, scalps are always going to be really white because they’re being protected from the sun by hair. im tan but my scalp is ghostly white. but yea her face/body is :$

Posted

has anyone heard of the singer mianna? i'm curious if she's actually a poc or if she's blackfishing. i believe she is russian

picture of her without editing under the spoiler:

42096589_294314678015336_111202397561081

pictures she posts of herself on instagram:

Posted

has anyone heard of the singer mianna? i'm curious if she's actually a poc or if she's blackfishing. i believe she is russian

picture of her without editing under the spoiler:

Hidden Content

pictures she posts of herself on instagram:

Spoiler content isn't showing up for me, but it's definitely suspicious. By those rough edges, it looks like she changed her skin tone in PS

Posted

That pic of her looks so weird it looks like her lips and eyes were photoshopped in.