• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

General "Non-Blacks Pretending to be Black or mixed Black"/Blackfishing Thread

301 posts in this topic

Posted

All in all it's not however she decides to "justify her being tan" - and that's a mess lol, especially when she claimed her Dad and bro got tan too because they were on vacation - but more so that she has profited from appearing racially ambiguous all that time and said absolutely nothing until she got caught.

She's not Nkechi Amare Diallo (the disrespect!) Rachel Dolezal levels of race-faking, but Emma was real happy to get sent free shit to rep and sell to Black women or praised and put on IG pages thinking she was some mixed and/or light-skinned girl. Nobody can tell me she didn't know some people thought she wasn't White. Emma just decided to stay quiet when the doubt still benefited her.

Posted (edited)

Personally, I don't think Ariana is latinx-fishing. She's extremely close with her family, and has lots of pictures with them on her ig. She even had her mom, her grandma and her cousin with her while she was performing the VMAs.

I think that if she wanted ppl to believe she's Latina, she definitely wouldn't be showing off her very white looking family lmao

There are Latin-European countries (Italy would count) and also Latin-American countries. Latin-European countries like Spain and Italy have white people and Latin-American countries have brown people. That's why the term "latinx" doesnt really refer to race. The same way you can say nordic people live in north Europe but they arent their own race. I think since her name and (fake) look gives her racial ambiguity she tries to pass as latin-american when shes italian. 

Edited by Bekkim
I accidently quoted the wrong thing srry

Posted

For ariana I’m unsure personally, I myself am as well Italian American and Italians from the lower part of Italy have a tendency to be much darker and darker hair colors. My grandmother is from Sicily and she is naturally very tan and her hair color is black so to some she doesn’t look white but is 100% Sicilian (white) People from the Mediterranean areas do have a tendency to have dark hair and tanner so it’s not just Italians even Greeks for example look this way way. However I have no idea where in Italy Ariana’s family is from because if her family is from the north of Italy than it’s different because north of Italy shares the border with France and other countries that have very pale, blond hair, blue eyed people and in the past she’s been very pale and not as dark as she nearly is now so I don’t want to say “oh it’s because she’s Italian” excuse because I don’t know 100% 

Posted (edited)

How about that girl graciii3? 

Instagram @graciii3 idk if she’s tryna be African American but I’m pretty sure she’s 100% Korean though I’m not certain. I think she’s also from the Bronx so she does talk with that kinda accent 

822D93D9-26B1-4299-9C43-2899372AE864.jpeg

6FD83B4C-2C71-4506-8A56-7DABA8B0183C.jpeg

F96684A3-0A05-43E5-862C-3B9287544EDA.jpeg

She looks more like she's going for Blasian. 

Has she ever said anything about being Korean, tho? Because if she's always claimed to be Korean, that would put this into a whole new context. 

Edited by ZapGold

Posted

Woah vicky comes to mind.

Posted (edited)

Woah vicky comes to mind.

im still new and unfamiliar with this topic so correct me if im mistaken but woah vicky doesnt seem to categorize as a blackfish. Based off of my broad understanding as of now, a blackfish is someone who deceives others into truly believing that they are black. It's fairly obvious that Woah Vicky is white so no matter what she says, no ones gonna fall for that bs. Again, please correct me if I'm wrong 🤧

Edited by *sips tea*

Posted

im still new and unfamiliar with this topic so correct me if im mistaken but woah vicky doesnt seem to categorize as a blackfish. Based off of my broad understanding as of now, a blackfish is someone who deceives others into truly believing that they are black. It's fairly obvious that Woah Vicky is white so no matter what she says, no ones gonna fall for that bs. Again, please correct me if I'm wrong 🤧

I agree Woah Vicky isn't a Blackfish, but she's definitely a race faker and falls into the Rachel Dolezal category. Blackfish emulate typical Black features and race fakers might do the same, but they'll also claim their Black on top.

Posted

I genuinely believe woah vicky might have some mental problems or shes an oscar worthy actress if she pretends to be that stupid

Posted

agreed. my mom's family is sicilian/southern european (italian, just like ariana) and my dad's family is spanish/irish. my mom is tan and gets darker in the summer but nowhere near ariana's tone. my dad is very pale outside of summer months but he does get very tan in the summer, once again tho nowhere near ariana's level.

ariana just takes it too far with the fake tan layers lol it's impossible for her to get that dark naturally.

eh. My younger cousin is a quarter silician but still manages to get super dark tans in the summer. He looks ambiguously Hispanic/Indian. He has dark hair and eyes and always has a naturally tan complexion. In the summer he gets extremely dark. He gets approached by Hispanic and Indian people who strike up conversations with him in Spanish//Hindi/etc. His two brothers and parents all do not get nearly as tan and all look pretty white. I do share Romani blood with him so that could also be a contributing factor since I can tan well (but def not anywhere as dark)...  It’s not impossible, but not very common or likely. Especially since she was always pretty damn light for most of her life. 

Posted (edited)

Ok my two cents about emma:

First of all her "naturally curly" hair isnt even CURLY!! Its barely wavey..like she exposed herself when she said she braided it which lmfao didn't work out well in my opinion

And her brown lip liner to imitate the discoloration woc have on their lips naturally, pisses me tf off, as one who does

And next jella:

I first saw a makeup tutorial from her and thought cool a tan korean but now that i think about it she doesn't look like a tan korean she looks too orange not natural and her "blackface? Q&a" vid popped up recently and I watched it but smthn about her story was inconsistent like she talked about being made fun of and stuff...seemed legit but I was suspicious about her so I did a little digging and I swear I read somewhere she said she tanned but the most damning thing was the more I scrolled down the lighter she got (or is it just me) 

From her insta and yt

Idk bout you guys but to me is sus

Screenshot_20181129-214042_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20181129-213917_Chrome.jpg

Edited by TT

Posted

Ok my two cents about emma:

First of all her "naturally curly" hair isnt even CURLY!! Its barely wavey..like she exposed herself when she said she braided it which lmfao didn't work out well in my opinion

And her brown lip liner to imitate the discoloration woc have on their lips naturally, pisses me tf off, as one who does

And next jella:

I first saw a makeup tutorial from her and thought cool a tan korean but now that i think about it she doesn't look like a tan korean she looks too orange not natural and her "blackface? Q&a" vid popped up recently and I watched it but smthn about her story was inconsistent like she talked about being made fun of and stuff...seemed legit but I was suspicious about her so I did a little digging and I swear I read somewhere she said she tanned but the most damning thing was the more I scrolled down the lighter she got (or is it just me) 

From her insta and yt

Idk bout you guys but to me is sus

Screenshot_20181129-214042_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20181129-213917_Chrome.jpg

I thought so as well. I'm sure she isn't racist or trying to seem black or blasian. I believe her she's able to tan dark. But I don't get why, if she can get that skintone naturally, she sometimes wears foundation 4 times darker then her skin. It's just weird. I don't know how to feel about it. Colorism is a big issue in Asia so to have more influencers there to embrace darker skintones is a good thing I guess. I have mixed feelings about her. 

Posted

I thought so as well. I'm sure she isn't racist or trying to seem black or blasian. I believe her she's able to tan dark. But I don't get why, if she can get that skintone naturally, she sometimes wears foundation 4 times darker then her skin. It's just weird. I don't know how to feel about it. Colorism is a big issue in Asia so to have more influencers there to embrace darker skintones is a good thing I guess. I have mixed feelings about her. 

tbh i feel the same, but she feels more like "gyaru" to me than blackface. like as if she's trying to go the opposite direction of the asian's beauty standard rather than trying to look exotic/black like the other girls mentioned here, if that make sense?

Posted (edited)

tbh i feel the same, but she feels more like "gyaru" to me than blackface. like as if she's trying to go the opposite direction of the asian's beauty standard rather than trying to look exotic/black like the other girls mentioned here, if that make sense?

That's the vibe I'm getting based on what you guys are posting about her. 

I don’t really believe she's trying to look black or blasian. 

Edit: When I see her, I see a West-influenced version of this. 

yamanba.jpg

Not like the Korean girl that was mentioned earlier. 

Edited by ZapGold

Posted

Here’s one more 

3902EB17-2100-425B-AADE-7142F333F3C6.jpeg

65C19276-50D0-4262-8C46-7A991B5EA28B.jpeg

A7440246-2AFE-4F61-A180-A8F40C79A940.jpeg

CE32F4F9-8B35-4494-964A-99C8470F3424.jpeg