Lonbon Lonlon (Kawaii Cannabis Queen)

5945 posts in this topic

Posted

I think the OP is like "but he looks like a man, therefore is a man to me" which is something I'm guilty of but I doubt the person themselves are transphobic, they just said something a bit insensitive and Lon just made themselves look like a huge arsehole instead of treating this in a mature way 

Like saying "what you said is considered transphobic and I appreciate it if you don't make assumptions and maybe read the article" or something to that nature.

I think they fall more into the “penis/XY=man” category, considering their vague appeal to biology...which is rather transphobic, considering that means trans people cannot exist, essentially, if sex and gender are one in the same.

& Lon’s over here with her fashionable gender presentations and her threats of actual violence (which dear lord comes off as tryhard!)

Posted

Why can't she just she just disagree and block them or something instead of threatening them? As much as I dislike transphobic people and not tolerate their behavior, I would never threaten them or cause bodily harm unless my actual trans brother or friend's life was in danger. Then I will gladly throw hands and defend them as trans individual's face brutality. I dunno, that was just uncalled for.

On a second note, how can she walk in those platforms when her "pelvis spasms "..

Those platforms don't go with that outfit. At all... 

Posted

I would be embarrassed to go anywhere with her. Especially if she wore that outfit. 

Posted (edited)

54-7-1.thumb.jpg.ab9444708b33eb6e1cdfffa

I think that the OP statement was indeed transphobic but that doesn't mean that they couldn't be better. these are the moments in which i think that self-proclaimed 'spokespeople' like lon have to educate them on transgender and on pronouns etc. people can better themselves and their education, so there is no reason to treat someone with violence.

I mean it can either be like:

'but he is a man'

'i will find you and beat your transphobic ass'

or it can be like:

'but he is a man'

'some people might look like men but they identify as another gender. i know it can be confusing at first but you should try to understand others and respect them. otherwise you might develop a very transphobic mindset. i'm very educated on the topic so if you have any questions or it's confusing to you, feel free to ask me!'

Edited by CosplayQueen

Posted

A bit OT, but... I personally must admit I have trouble wrapping my head around people who identifies as "gender fluid" or non-binary or anything else for that matter, with no apparent dysphoria and no urge to physically transition in any apparent way. Isn't being gender non-conforming a thing anymore?

Also, we simply can't escape that how our biological sex makes most of us physically appear to others, and how it matter when it comes to how our gender is seen. If you just look like any average girl or guy, people are going to have trouble seeing you as anything else then that (some will try their best to use your pronouns, but the brain will think it's thing) 

And this is coming from an XY, 2 1/2 months on T, heh. (I still go by my old name and pronouns, waiting for changes to become more apparent before making the switch)